UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > which boots?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

which boots?

in the market for some new boots, must have good traction on bottom, prefer lighter weight if possible. there are many new ones out there so i was curious what everyone has tried. dry shods look nice, yoder cougars as well. i like my quattros but they are a tad heavy hiking these steep hills where we hunt. i wore out a couple pair of dans, they are very nice the tread doesnt last quite as long as i hoped, but i would look at another pair of them as well, they are very comfy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2019 12:34 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Boots

I hunt these mountain and I prefer Leather boots with vibram soles for traction. I prefer Matterhorn brand goretex and insulated, they are very comfortable and long lasting. Our military guys actually spend their own money to wear Matterhorns boots, can't go wrong. Dave

Old Post 01-19-2019 02:58 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

I hunt these mountain and I prefer Leather boots with vibram soles for traction. I prefer Matterhorn brand goretex and insulated, they are very comfortable and long lasting. Our military guys actually spend their own money to wear Matterhorns boots, can't go wrong. Dave

Do you know the item number of the boot? Seems they make quite a few different ones. Does yours have a steel toe? Are they heavy? Do they run pretty much to size? I know a lot of question but shipping is pretty high from what I was looking at? Appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks

Old Post 01-20-2019 03:42 AM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Don't know item number, but the ones I have are just like a pair of us military combat boots, but are Matterhorn brand not gi issue. They are definitely waterproof [ goretex ] and will last for years. Google Matterhorn boots and you can see different styles. Mine are all leather goretex and insulated with vibram soles, best boots I have ever had. Mine are the Corcoran style no steel toe and are medium weight, not the lightest, but built for heavy duty use, pretty true to size, might want 1/2 size larger for heavy sock. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-20-2019 at 06:20 AM

Old Post 01-20-2019 06:15 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote