UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2013 Water Races & Field Trials
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Dillard
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on your win!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2013 06:27 PM
Chris Dillard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dillard Click here to Send Chris Dillard a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dillard Find more posts by Chris Dillard Add Chris Dillard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calblu
UKC Forum Member

Had a great time this past weekend doing "the water race loop" through MO -- Fri and Sat at Cole Camp and then Higbee on Sun.
Big thanks to stonehill/Dennis for showing me around, introducing me to lots of people, and making me feel welcome. Oh yes, and also for finding an energetic kid to help handle my dogs!!
Participation was good all 3 days and wow were there some close races! I'd have hated to be a line or tree judge for those!

I wasn't able to video very much, but here's what I did get.

I believe this is the race where stonehill's Smokey dog finished to GrWCh:

And this is Smokey and Dennis' WCh dog Judy swimming at Higbee in a combined heat:

Here is my dog (actually Tiny's dog) Ryder --Judy's litter brother-- swimming at Cole Camp, but I couldn't remember if this was a first heat or a semi final:

And I think this was the open final on Friday:

Don't take life too seriously -- nobody gets out alive!

Last edited by calblu on 08-27-2013 at 07:29 PM

Old Post 08-26-2013 09:47 PM
calblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for calblu Click here to Send calblu a Private Message Click Here to Email calblu Visit calblu's homepage! Find more posts by calblu Add calblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calblu
UKC Forum Member

Since this was my first trip to Cole Camp and Higbee, I took my customary pics of the ponds at both places.

Cole Camp

Higbee

Old Post 08-26-2013 09:52 PM
calblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for calblu Click here to Send calblu a Private Message Click Here to Email calblu Visit calblu's homepage! Find more posts by calblu Add calblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stonehill
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Chawn (Calblu) for the kind words and the great videos !!! It was great seeing so many of my friends in one weekend !!!

Jerry Carey , Me and many , many more of your MO friends send our prayers out for you and your family.

S/S --Sabrina & Sam where have you been hiding , I miss you my friends.

Shawn Davis , I'm sorry to not have seen you and your fine red power over the weekend.

Congrats to my KS friend Mike Benning for winning the 2013 MO state water race championship with his Bluetick he calls "SON"

A houndsmans drive is not the thrill of the kill it's the sound of the hound !!!

Last edited by stonehill on 08-29-2013 at 01:30 AM

Old Post 08-29-2013 01:11 AM
stonehill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stonehill Click here to Send stonehill a Private Message Click Here to Email stonehill Find more posts by stonehill Add stonehill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calblu
UKC Forum Member

Disappointing to see both Troy and Cole Camp with a water race on 10/12.
But glad to see a water race at the Fall Roundup again this year.

Don't forget the water race next weekend, 9/7, at the BBCHA Sectional in Winterset Iowa!!!

Old Post 08-31-2013 05:25 PM
s/s
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by stonehill
Thanks Chawn (Calblu) for the kind words and the great videos !!! It was great seeing so many of my friends in one weekend !!!

Jerry Carey , Me and many , many more of your MO friends send our prayers out for you and your family.

S/S --Sabrina & Sam where have you been hiding , I miss you my friends.

Shawn Davis , I'm sorry to not have seen you and your fine red power over the weekend.

Congrats to my KS friend Mike Benning for winning the 2013 MO state water race championship with his Bluetick he calls "SON"

Hey Dennis!! You are always so sweet to think of everyone! Thanks...I miss you guys too...We will be back around...Just have to let some things die for a little while...I don't do meanness and I refuse to be in the company of it...Also, we lost one of our most precious girls "Johnnie Angel" in the field trial at American Redbone Days in June..Just when I think I am about over that, then my old lady, Ice Baby dies this past Tuesday...It's just been a hard year...We have been staying real busy with some "all-breed" showing this year..It's just kinda hard to do it all, especially if your heart isn't in it...

Thanks again for thinking of us..It means a lot...You just don't know

Home of:

ACHA CH AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' T-REX II
At Stud/Private Treaty
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 UKC Performance Sire / 2010 AKC Supreme Breeders Sire
2010 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2009 Indiana State Youth 1st Line/1st Tree Water Race Champion
2007 Autumn Oaks Champion Redbone Male

WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ICE ICE BABY
CH 'PR' APPLEBEE'S MAGGIE~Tracker X Ice Baby~owner/handler ZACH WOOD
2012 Missouri Federation Youth Championship Cast winner, 4th Place & Queen of Hunt
2012 Iowa State Youth Best Female of Show
2012 Missouri State Youth High Scoring Redbone
2012 Missouri State Youth Champion Female of Show
2012 Marshall, MO Cast winner, 2nd Place

AKC CSG UKC GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SWEET ICE T~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008~Charleston, MS State Championship Champion of Champion Female @ 9 months old
GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS TRACKER JACK~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008 Mississippi State Over-all Show Champion @ 9 months old
Needed 10 points for WCH @ 14 months old
RIP lil buddy, you were definitely one of a kind and you are truly missed~my heart

AKC CSG UKC FCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS BIG RED TRACTOR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CCH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ROCK STAR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS CRY ME A RIVER~Tracker X Ice Baby
CH'PR' MARVS MULESKINNER ICE BABY RED~Tracker X Ice Baby

AKC CCH ACHA CH UKC GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SOUTHERN GRACE
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS PHASE II~Tracker X Grace
RIP Hot Dog. I wish I could have a redo with you big guy. Truely sorry you're gone </3

AKC CGW UKC GRWCH 'PR' CC'S SOUTHERN OUTLAW TRACKER~Tracker X Grace
2012 MO Federation High Point Water Race Champion

AKC CH CGCH UKC GRCH 'PR' RIVER RIDGE EYE ON SATURN
2008 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
AKC CSG UKC WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTERCREEK MOMMAS GOTTA HEMI~Tracker X Saturn
09/2012 Cast win for a 2nd place in her first nite hunt
2012 American Redbone Days Hunting Pairs

WCH CH
'PR' CRITTER CREEKS JOHNNIE ANGEL~Tracker X Saturn
2013 Indiana State Youth 1st Tree Field Trial Champion
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS GIRLS CAN II~Tracker X Saturn

AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH WCH GRCH 'PR' SECOND EDITIONS MAKING WAVES
2013 UKC Performance Sire
2012 #5 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2012 MISSOURI FEDERATION ZONE 8 HIGH POINT BENCH CHAMPION
2012 UKC Performance Sire
2012 Southern Redbone Days/Friday/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Pairs
2012 Grand American CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Champion Redbone Male
2011 Annual KING & QUEEN Kinder, MO/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
2010 AUTUMN OAKS/Best Senior Redbone Male
2009 NATIONAL REDBONE DAYS/Best Male Of Show
2010 AKC SOUTH CAROLINA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP/Best Male Of Show

Old Post 09-02-2013 05:07 AM
s/s is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s/s Click here to Send s/s a Private Message Click Here to Email s/s Visit s/s's homepage! Find more posts by s/s Add s/s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ellie Mae
UKC Forum Member

s/s

I am so sorry to hear about Ice Baby I didn't know you lost her too. That's hard. I know it just takes a little chunk of your heart out when that happens. Prayers to both of you.

Debbie Killough
501-412-2760

Old Post 09-03-2013 05:05 AM
Ellie Mae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ellie Mae Click here to Send Ellie Mae a Private Message Click Here to Email Ellie Mae Find more posts by Ellie Mae Add Ellie Mae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skratdogg32
UKC Forum Member

quote:

sorry i miss that Dennis i had some thing come up hope to see u today in winterset

the Home of
RIP 4/1/08-7/23/14 GRWCH GRCH NITECH'PR' Buckskins Copper Head
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21632009/398402062.jpg
CH'PR' Buckskins Little Ann ( 2 win toward Grand show champion)
http://pic90.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2364/11812887/21632009/362601159.jpg
CH'PR'Buckskin Crazy Dazy( 4 win toward Grand show champion)
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21162381/398784539.jpg
GRCH'PR'Buckskin Boomer Sooner
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21632009/406384630.jpg
'PR'Buckskin Red Ash
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21162381/406697452.jpg
CH'PR'Buckskin Swamp Thing( 1 win toward Grand show champion)
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21632009/406384600.jpg
GRWCH'PR' C & D Red Kate
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2364/11812887/21162381/403599328.jpg
GRCH'PR'Great River Hawkeye Reba
http://pic90.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2364/11812887/21162381/409193870.jpg
To keep update with the buckskin Redbone become a member on are web site at
http://buckskinredbones.webs.com/

Old Post 09-07-2013 05:42 PM
skratdogg32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skratdogg32 Click here to Send skratdogg32 a Private Message Click Here to Email skratdogg32 Visit skratdogg32's homepage! Find more posts by skratdogg32 Add skratdogg32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stonehill
UKC Forum Member

Both Troy IA & Cole Camp MO have water races this Sat. ( Oct.12 )
there won't be very many more this year here in the mid-west.

A houndsmans drive is not the thrill of the kill it's the sound of the hound !!!

Old Post 10-09-2013 04:33 AM
stonehill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stonehill Click here to Send stonehill a Private Message Click Here to Email stonehill Find more posts by stonehill Add stonehill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Roady
UKC Forum Member

Oct 25th and 26th. Millstatdt coonhunters assoc. Millstadt IL. This is our annual B&T memorial sectional.

Old Post 10-09-2013 04:12 PM
Chris Roady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Roady Click here to Send Chris Roady a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Roady Find more posts by Chris Roady Add Chris Roady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ed esposti
UKC Forum Member

Clearfield County Coon Club in Mahaffey PA has a Field Trial scheduled on November 30. We also have a real nice pond and we will be having Water Races next spring but didnt want to schedule one for this event for fear of possible ice haha. We also have bench show and Nite Hunt the 30 as well and it is an English Sectional

FCH GRNITECH CH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Bell (PKC CH)
NITECH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Duke (PKC CH)
'PR' Timberjack Hardtime No Mercy

Old Post 10-09-2013 04:23 PM
ed esposti is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ed esposti Click here to Send ed esposti a Private Message Click Here to Email ed esposti Find more posts by ed esposti Add ed esposti to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Ed I seen your boy's picture this month in bloodlines with his HTX win,that had too be the best picture in the mag. as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post 10-10-2013 01:24 AM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ed esposti
UKC Forum Member

bigtimberkennel

Thanks You should have seen the smile on his face when he seen himself in the Magazine. HAHA he just turned 9 last week but he will be a coonhunter for life haha. Thats all he talks about is that picture and "His Polly Girl" haha

FCH GRNITECH CH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Bell (PKC CH)
NITECH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Duke (PKC CH)
'PR' Timberjack Hardtime No Mercy

Old Post 10-15-2013 06:38 PM
ed esposti is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ed esposti Click here to Send ed esposti a Private Message Click Here to Email ed esposti Find more posts by ed esposti Add ed esposti to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinity Hartley
UKC Forum Member

Hell Hole CHA in Georgetown SC this coming weekend SATURDAY OCT. 19th we are having a UKC EVENT/BENCH SHOW 4 pm deadline $10 entry fee/NITE HUNT 7pm deadline $20 entry fee. This event will feature the SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPIONSHIP at 4 pm with an entry of $10. There will be trophies for all event winners. The STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WATER RACE however will feature a special set of trophies suitable for the title of SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPIONS. There will be a total of four places given at this water race. The places and prizes for each place are as follows:

SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPIONSHIP REGISTERED CLASS WINNER
1-50lb bag of Pride Dog Food
1-$25 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card
1-Trophy suitable for the title above.

SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION CLASS WINNER

SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND CHAMPION CLASS WINNER

THE SC STATE WATER RACE CHAMPION (OVERALL WINNER)
2-50lb bag of Pride Dog Food
1-BUSHNELL BACKTRACK GPS (HUNTTRACK MODEL)
1-$50 Bass Pro Shop Gift Card

COME OUT AND JOIN US IF YOU CAN. KITCHEN WILL ALSO BE OPEN. THERE IS ALSO A OPTION FOR NITE HUNT WINNERS TO TAKE A WALMART GIFT CARD IN PLACE OF TROPHY IF YOU CHOOSE. THANKS FOR READING

The clubs address is 5681 Walker Rd. Georgetown SC 29440

Old Post 10-16-2013 01:09 AM
Trinity Hartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinity Hartley Click here to Send Trinity Hartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinity Hartley Find more posts by Trinity Hartley Add Trinity Hartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Krogstad
New UKC Forum Member

are there any more WR's coming up this year here in the Midwest ?

Old Post 11-04-2013 01:26 AM
James Krogstad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Krogstad Click here to Send James Krogstad a Private Message Find more posts by James Krogstad Add James Krogstad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calblu
UKC Forum Member

How was the turnout (and weather) in Cole Camp Saturday?

Old Post 11-04-2013 06:08 PM
stonehill
UKC Forum Member

Hi Chawn , the weather was great. The turnout ,however, was very light. In the water race there was 4 open dogs , 2 champs , and 1 grand .( two open dogs, one champ, and the grand were mine ) The bench show and nite hunt were also very small. Most people there thought the attendance was so low due to deer season. I can't imagine leaving the hounds at home to go deer hunting but to each his own I guess.

Old Post 11-05-2013 01:54 AM
calblu
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hi Chawn , the weather was great. The turnout ,however, was very light. In the water race there was 4 open dogs , 2 champs , and 1 grand .( two open dogs, one champ, and the grand were mine ) The bench show and nite hunt were also very small. Most people there thought the attendance was so low due to deer season. I can't imagine leaving the hounds at home to go deer hunting but to each his own I guess.

Bet you won the grand heat! How'd the other 3 do?
I tried to talk Tiny into going down for it but we had an invite to hunt with a friend here (opening night), so that's what he wanted to do. It was a bust. Would have been more fun to water race! I should have come down there and done the whole works. Went to a Nite Hunt here Friday night that is typically pretty small but the turnout ended up being really good for that club. It was Jori's 1st Nite Hunt and we had a good time.

Now it's going to be a long wait until the races start up again next year. LOL
Sure would be fun to head out to AZ this winter to WR and FT, huh?!

Old Post 11-06-2013 12:10 AM
Jeff Ashmore
UKC Forum Member

Anything list for 2014 yet.

Would like to get a list of dates so that we don't buck anybody else and make a little circuit of it to go as many weekends as possible.

Jeff Ashmore
Coles County Conn Hunters and Swim races.

Old Post 01-14-2014 09:23 PM
Jeff Ashmore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Ashmore Click here to Send Jeff Ashmore a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Ashmore Find more posts by Jeff Ashmore Add Jeff Ashmore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Jeff be sure to be vocal when you guys have swim races. I have a few I want to try out... and if y'all auction more cool stuff let me know in advance LOL!
I will bring more $$

Old Post 01-14-2014 09:46 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Ashmore
UKC Forum Member

OK

Thanks Chris. Jeff

Old Post 01-15-2014 01:44 PM
Jeff Ashmore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Ashmore Click here to Send Jeff Ashmore a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Ashmore Find more posts by Jeff Ashmore Add Jeff Ashmore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote