UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Cowboy bred walkers?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Stokes
UKC Forum Member

Cowboy bred walkers?

Anyone have any info on cowboy bred walkers? Older friend of mine said this was good old blood, I’ve hunted walkers all my life but Never heard of them and couldn’t find any info on them. Call, text, p.m., or post any info thanks Joey James 336-362-7416

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2020 02:14 AM
Stokes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes Click here to Send Stokes a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes Add Stokes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

The Cowboy dog I knew of was a dog called Gr.NiteCh. Midnight Cowboy his sire was Beanblossom Buck... That was the Real Cowboy dog! and He was a Reproducer!

Old Post 03-13-2020 04:10 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Cowboy

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
The Cowboy dog I knew of was a dog called Gr.NiteCh. Midnight Cowboy his sire was Beanblossom Buck... That was the Real Cowboy dog! and He was a Reproducer!

I hunted with Sparky Thomas' Midnight Cowboy and his pups. You're right, he was a reproducer. There was also Easy Goin Cowboy (out of Easy Goin Eileen). But, both of these were 1980's.

I'm guessing they are talking about Lone Pine Cowboy (out of Sackett Jr.) owned by Tom Strang, being as he was far more recent.

Old Post 03-13-2020 05:06 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes
UKC Forum Member

Cowboy dogs

Considering the age of the man telling me this it prob was the dogs from the 80’s but I’ll try to find out more info from him, anyone still have any of this old blood around?

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:29 PM
Stokes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes Click here to Send Stokes a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes Add Stokes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Being as your profile shows you’re from NC the gentleman is probably talking about the Metz Easy Goin Cowboy. Seems like a guy named Kenneth Ferguson owned him at one point but Kenneth passed away a few years back I believe. I hunted a great grandson of Cowboy in the early 2000’s.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 03-13-2020 01:53 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MTN HOUND
UKC Forum Member

PM sent

Old Post 03-13-2020 01:54 PM
MTN HOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTN HOUND Click here to Send MTN HOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email MTN HOUND Find more posts by MTN HOUND Add MTN HOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I'm only trying to help, There were several Cowboy dogs around and I knew about them all, but I'm telling you about the best one of the bunch, The pups out of Sparky's Cowboy dominated the hunts around here in the 80s..That was back when a local hunt around here had 70 to 80 dogs. I hunted with several off him that was some of the best I'd seen.... Old Cowboy was the Real Deal!

Last edited by edwardfasteddy on 03-13-2020 at 03:22 PM

Old Post 03-13-2020 02:48 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes
UKC Forum Member

Cowboy dogs

I’m mainly a bear hunter so it was the big game side I was looking for but dogs he was talking about was back in 80s and early 90s. He said they were dominating the coon hunts and being hunted on big game all across the country

Old Post 03-13-2020 11:09 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

They were used on Big Game... Sparky's line would not slick tree at all! If you fine a good strain of coon hounds they will make excellent big game hounds...

Old Post 03-13-2020 11:24 PM