UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > This Question Was Asked (UKC HELP)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

This Question Was Asked (UKC HELP)

Dogs A,B,C and D are declared treed dog D is not at tree when cast arrives is minused tree points. Dogs A,B and C are handled start shinning tree dog D comes in to tree coon is seen is dog D minused strike or is it considered it was drawn into tree.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:29 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Re: This Question Was Asked (UKC HELP)

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
Dogs A,B,C and D are declared treed dog D is not at tree when cast arrives is minused tree points. Dogs A,B and C are handled start shinning tree dog D comes in to tree coon is seen is dog D minused strike or is it considered it was drawn into tree.
Who cares? My dog D is a pup that don't tree much yet. When that coon jumps out my pup D would have been on it like stink. Who reallly cares other than yall?

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:35 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k-9
UKC Forum Member

rule 5 b explains this very clearly. No dog to receive minus points for coming into tree after the judge arrives UNLESS THE COON IS SEEN AND DOGS TREEING ARE AWARDED PLUS POINTS.

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:43 AM
k-9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for k-9 Click here to Send k-9 a Private Message Click Here to Email k-9 Find more posts by k-9 Add k-9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

For ya'll that want to think that there is a mean badassone on a cast . I bet there are a dozen more 4 dawgs treeing HIGH FIVING each other saying" We shall agree to agree", That's my Story and I'm Stickin To It. If Maussah looks at you cockeyed , just tree harder--- HIGH FIVE !!! Chop chop chop like somebody pulling down the throttle on a POP POP John Deere. LOL Crank it up!!!

Last edited by l.lyle on 04-23-2012 at 06:51 AM

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:45 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Drawn in? I draw mine in by squalling , shooting or clapping my hands to imitate a 22 , then by stomping my foot to imitate a coon hitting the ground. AND I will say, Should I have a dog so smart as to Not ketch on to what I did , then he bee's too smart for me to train and Bees gone from hyar. Let him play with the other lying dogs in that cast for I am sure he has no more knowledge of 25 points than 125 points LOL
The main trouble to me as a trainer but which might blow your frock up as a buyer is WHHOOOIE !!! Boogety Boogety that dog sho can Yap treed. LOL Said by the Buyer; --not by me, the seller. Of course , Like I tell some ladies . "I like it for you to get excited. Excited is a good thing. We only got so much of it headed our way in our life's anyway. Anti Up is what I reckon if you want to play. Might even do some mo tradin. less you decide to denegrate me. LOL I stand aside and wonder if your sex will believe you any way , yapping about getting the short end and who can you trust? LOL

Last edited by l.lyle on 04-23-2012 at 07:23 AM

Old Post 04-23-2012 07:07 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Dangit!

Old Post 04-23-2012 11:30 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccoonhunter197
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by k-9
rule 5 b explains this very clearly. No dog to receive minus points for coming into tree after the judge arrives UNLESS THE COON IS SEEN AND DOGS TREEING ARE AWARDED PLUS POINTS.

Correct......dog D would get minuse for leaving tree abd minus strike if it came into tree after judge arrived but before tree was scored.

Brian Teague 252-649-3050

Old Post 04-23-2012 12:13 PM
nccoonhunter197 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccoonhunter197 Click here to Send nccoonhunter197 a Private Message Click Here to Email nccoonhunter197 Find more posts by nccoonhunter197 Add nccoonhunter197 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccoonhunter197
UKC Forum Member

What does being drawn into tree have to do with anything?

Old Post 04-23-2012 12:15 PM
nccoonhunter197 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccoonhunter197 Click here to Send nccoonhunter197 a Private Message Click Here to Email nccoonhunter197 Find more posts by nccoonhunter197 Add nccoonhunter197 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: This Question Was Asked (UKC HELP)

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift

Rule 5(b) applies to any and all dogs that come into tree after judge arrives. Your answer lies, very specifically, within that rule on how to score Dog D. Might be a good idea for you to personally read the rule to get your answer.

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:10 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Drawn in? I draw mine in by squalling , shooting or clapping my hands to imitate a 22 , then by stomping my foot to imitate a coon hitting the ground. AND I will say, Should I have a dog so smart as to Not ketch on to what I did , then he bee's too smart for me to train and Bees gone from hyar. Let him play with the other lying dogs in that cast for I am sure he has no more knowledge of 25 points than 125 points LOL
The main trouble to me as a trainer but which might blow your frock up as a buyer is WHHOOOIE !!! Boogety Boogety that dog sho can Yap treed. LOL Said by the Buyer; --not by me, the seller. Of course , Like I tell some ladies . "I like it for you to get excited. Excited is a good thing. We only got so much of it headed our way in our life's anyway. Anti Up is what I reckon if you want to play. Might even do some mo tradin. less you decide to denegrate me. LOL I stand aside and wonder if your sex will believe you any way , yapping about getting the short end and who can you trust? LOL

Does anyone else have any idea what the heck this guy is talking about? Hes got to be drunk or just crazy....

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:18 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riproarinkennel
Banned

RULES

THE ONES ON THE BACK OF THE CARD THAT ARE LAID OUT STRAIGHT FORWARD AND SIMPLE ARE THE ONES THAT GET QUESTIONED THE MOST.

JMO.

SEE YOU AT THE NEXT TREE.
- DR. GUMMY

http://www.myspace.com/janetandbarrymorris

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:26 PM
riproarinkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riproarinkennel Click here to Send riproarinkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email riproarinkennel Find more posts by riproarinkennel Add riproarinkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
price griffin
UKC Forum Member

Ive looked at other pages where he comes in and bashes on people for no reason. People like that is why I dont get on here that much and alot of the younger crowd is coming to the face book page. I know he wouldnt last two days on the face book page doing that and he would be gone!

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:32 PM
price griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for price griffin Click here to Send price griffin a Private Message Click Here to Email price griffin Find more posts by price griffin Add price griffin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

i.lyle doesn't bash anybody. If you can't understand a little redneck humor I really wonder if you are really a coonhunter? I guess you YOUNGER CROWD will have to stay on face book and leave the UKC board to us OLD REDNECKS. Okay?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 04-23-2012 03:17 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I am amazed at the folks that have participated in UKC night hunts for many years and still have issues comprehending rules over situations frequently encountered.

Had a situation where dog #1 was struck, then 2 & 3 struck and treed on a previously scored tree. Dog # 4 had never opened at this point. After leading off the tree and casting 2 & 3 toward dog 1 that was opending, dog 4 opened. These two hunters argued when dog 4 opened for a 75 strike points. They were ready to argue that he only got 25 points. Next situation, they were certain that just getting the card back on time wouldn't count. They knew the dog winning the cast needed to be there also.

Had a cast this week where dogs went back to a possible scored tree. I told them if the cast agreed they were on a scored tree that dogs wouldn't need to be declared treed to be handled. The judge was sure they needed to be declared treed and wouldn't allow it. No wounder there is so many problems on cast.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 04-23-2012 04:02 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paints-n-cows
UKC Forum Member

Blueticker,

I had a judge that wasn't going to let a handler turn his dog loose after a tree was scored and when the dog that was out on trail opened up. He demanded that the dog be lead away from the tree for one minute. And he got mad when we pointed out the rule 11.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Old Post 04-24-2012 12:44 AM
Paints-n-cows is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paints-n-cows Click here to Send Paints-n-cows a Private Message Click Here to Email Paints-n-cows Find more posts by Paints-n-cows Add Paints-n-cows to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

hmmmmmm STEAK SUPPER.............

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 04-24-2012 01:10 AM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ysudep2
UKC Forum Member

Ummm no?

quote:
Originally posted by nccoonhunter197
Correct......dog D would get minuse for leaving tree abd minus strike if it came into tree after judge arrived but before tree was scored.

Home of:
GR NITE CH GR CH 'PR' DePalmo's Livin On Alimony
CH 'PR' DePalmo and Stine's Bombshell Bella

Old Post 04-24-2012 01:56 AM
ysudep2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ysudep2 Click here to Send ysudep2 a Private Message Click Here to Email ysudep2 Find more posts by ysudep2 Add ysudep2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccoonhunter197
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ysudep2
Ummm no?

What would you do with dog D's strike points? It was minused tree points and is still holding strike points. It is on a closed tree when the judge arrives and a coon is seen.

Old Post 04-24-2012 02:21 AM
ysudep2
UKC Forum Member

You said before tree was scored. You can't minus him before you see the coon. After the coon was seen minus away.

quote:
What would you do with dog D's strike points? It was minused tree points and is still holding strike points. It is on a closed tree when the judge arrives and a coon is seen.

Home of:

Old Post 04-24-2012 02:37 AM
ysudep2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ysudep2 Click here to Send ysudep2 a Private Message Click Here to Email ysudep2 Find more posts by ysudep2 Add ysudep2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccoonhunter197
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Ysudep2, if dog D gets there after tree is scored then he can't be minused. That is what I was trying to say. I reread it and it does sound weird. Sorry for the confusion.I also should have put and a coon seen.

Last edited by nccoonhunter197 on 04-24-2012 at 04:36 AM

Old Post 04-24-2012 04:27 AM
Raven Creek
UKC Forum Member

Ukc says that tree is not considered scored until dogs are lead away from the tree. I think it is in the advisor somewhere

Old Post 04-24-2012 05:07 AM
Raven Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Raven Creek Click here to Send Raven Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Raven Creek Find more posts by Raven Creek Add Raven Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by price griffin
Ive looked at other pages where he comes in and bashes on people for no reason. People like that is why I dont get on here that much and alot of the younger crowd is coming to the face book page. I know he wouldnt last two days on the face book page doing that and he would be gone!

Some how I don't believe it either. I have lasted two years on kiddy facebook. LOL I don't get on there much because of all them Friends BS . also too many girfrinds hang out there . Plus, the fact last week I got caught and ordered , stomped a foot at and said "BE GONE " from hyar, like my great grandaddy "used to" do , With Bumbs, Vagrants, Carpet Baggers and curdogs come around. Something about a pogog but ny hearing is not too good.LOL,That is what my Yankee girl did to me Saturday Mornin gone . and she had every right too. Exactly what is it I said? That had YOU reprimanding me?? Jumping in on your exclusive whisdom, post (17 I think so far) We'll end up ok, anyway. Cutting fool with each other. Lest you got an off the wall underlieing religion. LOL. I figured "North" carolina was Yankee land tillI was 6 and learnt geometry. LOL

I Wonder what pup will chase this rabbit? Will be one for sure. Non sensicle to a few. Can't make it much more simple minded and still of interest to those endowed with a brain to figure things out with.

Last edited by l.lyle on 04-26-2012 at 08:24 AM

Old Post 04-24-2012 08:06 AM
ysudep2
UKC Forum Member

I gotcha now!

quote:
Ysudep2, if dog D gets there after tree is scored then he can't be minused. That is what I was trying to say. I reread it and it does sound weird. Sorry for the confusion.I also should have put and a coon seen.

Home of:

Old Post 04-24-2012 09:35 AM
Doug Adams
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Some how I don't believe it either. I have lasted two years on kiddy facebook. LOL I don't get on there much because of all them Friends BS . also too many girfrinds hang out there . Plus, the fact last week I got caught and ordered , stomped a foot at and said "BE GONE " from hyar, like my great grandaddy "used to" do , With Bumbs, Vagrants, Carpet Baggers and curdogs come around. Something about a pogog but ny hearing is not too good.LOL,That is what my Yankee girl did to me Saturday Mornin gone . and she had every right too. Exactly what is it I said? That had YOU reprimanding me?? Jumping in on your exclusive whisdom, post (17 I think so far) We'll end up ok, anyway. Cutting fool with each other. Lest you got an off the wall underlieing religion. LOL. I figured "North" carolina was Yankee land tillI was 6 and learnt geometry. LOL

4971 posts and not one of them have made any sense!

Old Post 04-25-2012 03:12 PM
Doug Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Adams Click here to Send Doug Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Adams Find more posts by Doug Adams Add Doug Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote