UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Mother laying on the pups
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hustle
UKC Forum Member

Mother laying on the pups

Mother is laying on the pups I mean right on them. Lost two over night. Huge welping box with chair rails on bottom. Plus she doesn’t lay down all the way where the pups can get to all her nipples. Anyone have ideas or solutions.
Wonder if a concrete block out from the corner 8 inches or so ? The pups would have to crawl out to her?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-22-2020 08:38 PM
Hustle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hustle Click here to Send Hustle a Private Message Click Here to Email Hustle Find more posts by Hustle Add Hustle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How old are the pups? Why aren't they getting out of the way? Why aren't they hollering when she lays on them? Sometimes it isn't the Mother. Pups may be too hot.

Old Post 07-22-2020 09:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Fact of life

Not all females are good mothers

Old Post 07-22-2020 09:22 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Re: Fact of life

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
x2

Old Post 07-22-2020 09:33 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hustle
UKC Forum Member

They r not 24 hours old. 12 hours to have 8 pups. Pups are always in a corner and she will lay right on them. Rip has never had pups before she’s probably not good at mothering. Ive had several litters over the years nothing like this.

Old Post 07-22-2020 09:34 PM
Hustle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hustle Click here to Send Hustle a Private Message Click Here to Email Hustle Find more posts by Hustle Add Hustle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Fact of life

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER

X3......

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-22-2020 10:39 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Pups

I know you said you've raised pups so I probably wont help. But make sure they ain't to cold and they ain't to hot. Let mother nature take its course? I hope it works out.

Old Post 07-22-2020 11:06 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hustle
UKC Forum Member

I found an old baby monitor and put out there. Probably no sleep tonight. Thanks guys. Many people wants pups got to get though this first week.

Old Post 07-22-2020 11:21 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Maybe your rails aren't right; our rails are 2 x 4s placed 4 1/2" high. It gives the pups 4" of space to get under the whole way around the box.

Old Post 07-22-2020 11:27 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hustle
UKC Forum Member

I got 4 inches on the rails Rex. She just throws her ass up on the rails in the corner where all the pups are. She’s getting better been out here petting and coaching her.

Old Post 07-22-2020 11:50 PM
benderb4
Banned

just saying. sometimes there is something wrong with the pups. they get pushed in the corner. die. get laid on later and mom gets blamed. been there done that and learned.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 07-23-2020 02:00 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
just saying. sometimes there is something wrong with the pups. they get pushed in the corner. die. get laid on later and mom gets blamed. been there done that and learned.
I agree. The law of nature only the strong survive.

Old Post 07-23-2020 03:26 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Then too you may indirectly be the cause. I had a litter from a female that this was her first litter. She was very nervous and protective. Had a pup to die and when I removed it it worried the female very bad. She tried to take it back from me and after that when I got close to the pups she laid down on them intenionally. I had to give her her space and it took around a week or so before I could regain her confidence.

Old Post 07-23-2020 12:07 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

What's the temp where puppies are being whelped? And if you have a fan going for momma turn it off.
Pops this age don't put anything where they have to crawl out to her either.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-24-2020 05:04 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote