UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bench shows?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stevelovegolf
New UKC Forum Member

Bench shows?

So how the heck do you win a best of show at a small bench show it seems everyone I go to its always the club hosting that has the dog that wins. Not sure my dog is good enough to win best of show but I sure would like a fair shot at it when I go to a show. But come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

three travelers today from 3 different parts of the state show up and imho any one of those dogs could have been best of show but not one of them even made best of Breed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2018 01:08 AM
stevelovegolf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevelovegolf Click here to Send stevelovegolf a Private Message Click Here to Email stevelovegolf Find more posts by stevelovegolf Add stevelovegolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars
UKC Forum Member

😀

I used to feel the same way but that was ruining the fun of showing for me. Sometime judges get a bad reputation for liking a certain breed and maybe a more petite or houndy looking dog. Maybe those reputations have been earned or just someone's opinion but the truth is the judges all evaluate our dogs and our presentation skills differently. If a judge likes your hound or not should not take away from time we spend with our hounds, be it on the bench or in the woods. Showing coon hounds is about having some fun. A show title or grand show title really doesn't make the dog more valuable or it's pups more valuable. I try to win every time I out a dog on the bench or in a hunt, and I still get frustrated once in a while but I want to leave a show or a hunt with new friends and having had a good time. So my advise to you is to practice working your dog on the bench and then go to have some fun. With those two tools in your pocket the wins will come.

Old Post 02-25-2018 01:25 PM
lars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lars Click here to Send lars a Private Message Find more posts by lars Add lars to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
E Hale
UKC Forum Member

That's why I stopped showing after the first dog years ago she won her class at South Carolina state show and walker days in nc and va youth hunt and couldn't win at a local hunt so you tell me and the judge tells me after it was all over that the guy that beat me needed a win with company so I say go to bigger shows with more eyes and might be a little more far

Old Post 02-25-2018 01:35 PM
E Hale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for E Hale Click here to Send E Hale a Private Message Click Here to Email E Hale Find more posts by E Hale Add E Hale to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote