UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Heavy Linebreeding
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I need an honest opinion from you. You bring a lot of experience to the table. But sometimes, i am not sure if your telling it like you see it. Or just throwing a line of bull you pick up at the coffee shop. The question is. Do you really run into the dogs you keep talking about with the non stop barking when cut and then a mile deep on a coon? My experience with seeing those hounds (Thank God) is not the same as yours.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2018 06:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce there are a lot of barkers even down here not pinning it on one certain strain some are even other breeds they use it as an unfair advantage in the $$$ hunts a lot watch the play by plays now the main reason I don't like it is not so much the out of place barking I can beat that by treeing coons behind them but they are hunting through the country to fast and splitting up making a hunt miserable chasing them all night there has been babblers ever since I started in the hunts ain't something new but we let them know not to use it as an advantage back then now you got the I can't beat them join them crowd.

Tar

Old Post 03-01-2018 06:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
Novicane65. Breeding Walker's you have to know what your doing because 75% of them don't have it. Most of the time when you hunt or talk to someone with Walker's good chance your looking 0r talking to that 75%.. I may even up that to 80 to 90% are the type dogs your talking about can't tree a coon, just a tree..

so what breed has a better percentage? Name 1 other breed that has exactly what I'm looking for?

1 hunts 10+ mph
2 when it strikes a coon it better get the better part of 12-13 mph
3 honest good strike dog
4 will hunt as far as needed alone to find a track
5 better be 85%+ on accuracy
6 big mouth you know the kind that drowns others out on the tree so much so he sounds like he's all alone if he gets covered
7 will be alone 98% of the time, the other 2% all the dogs in the cast get struck right out of the truck
8 will bird dog coons behind the others
9 trash free is a plus
10 after porcupine number 3 it gets a dirt nap

Ps I've only ever seen 1 of these, and it wasn't an English dog bud, it was a walker.

Last edited by novicane65 on 03-01-2018 at 09:46 PM

Old Post 03-01-2018 09:03 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
khester7923
UKC Forum Member

GUYS I DIDNT START THIS POST TO TURN INTO A P-----G CONTEST BETWEEN BREEDS. I JUST ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT INBREEDING AND LINEBREEDING. I DONT CARE WHAT BREED ANYBODY FOLLOWS BECAUSE IT JUST HAS TO PLEASE THE GUY FEEDING IT. IVE SEEN DOGS IN EVERY BREED EXCEPT ONE THAT I WOULD FEED. SO LETS GET BACK ON SUBJECT PLEASE OR START A NEW POST

Old Post 03-01-2018 09:29 PM
khester7923 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for khester7923 Click here to Send khester7923 a Private Message Click Here to Email khester7923 Find more posts by khester7923 Add khester7923 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Khester I've been trying to get him to say exactly why he's dead set against line breeding. As for me, I'm all for it. It works in bird dogs. So why shouldn't it work in coonhounds? I personally like the cross that you have in mind. I know of a similar cross, father x daughter. Now the pups had some quirks but nothing you couldn't live with. If line breeding didn't work then the bird dog guys would've switched their game by now. About the same number of pups make the cut in that scene also. Regardless of this myth that there's more pups that make it over there, so anywhere from 10-30% usually. Some crosses work better than others. Some out crosses don't work at all.

Old Post 03-01-2018 10:12 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

here is how i line breed , I tie a lead LINE to the great female and then turn the exceptional male loose to Breed her.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 03-02-2018 01:53 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Yadkintar, I see where PCH. Full Throttle Milt Down just won another Truck down in Mississippi. I told Milt Downs handler you where going to bring down one of those Droopy Eyed Yadkin Tar Rattler dogs and show them guys how to tree some coons and he said it would probably easier for you to just make a truck payment then to win one.... HEHEHEHEHE! BAWHEEYEE!! Tar, I'm still laughing about putting this on here, HEHEHEHE!!LOL

Old Post 03-02-2018 10:15 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Eeeeeeeedward that hunt starts tonight you ole goober lmbo. That was last year hee, hee , hee good gosh I can't keep you right your to high maintinece lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-02-2018 10:37 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Yadkintar, I see where PCH. Full Throttle Milt Down just won another Truck down in Mississippi. I told Milt Downs handler you where going to bring down one of those Droopy Eyed Yadkin Tar Rattler dogs and show them guys how to tree some coons and he said it would probably easier for you to just make a truck payment then to win one.... HEHEHEHEHE! BAWHEEYEE!! Tar, I'm still laughing about putting this on here, HEHEHEHE!!LOL
Uh that was last year he is no pup anymore .

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Last edited by wjoey on 03-03-2018 at 01:44 AM

Old Post 03-02-2018 10:44 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Uh that was last year but dont count him out on a repeat .

They sure stay pups for a long time over in that kc.

Tar

Old Post 03-02-2018 11:03 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Didn't ya ever see a two year old with no teeth, a while back I seen on here that they said you can't tell how old a dog is by their teeth. Well that is a bunch of horse dookie! No way is someone going to sell me a 8 year old dog for a 4 or 5 year old.....HEHEHE! LOL

Old Post 03-02-2018 11:54 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Didn't ya ever see a two year old with no teeth, a while back I seen on here that they said you can't tell how old a dog is by their teeth. Well that is a bunch of horse dookie! No way is someone going to sell me a 8 year old dog for a 4 or 5 year old.....HEHEHE! LOL
Yadkintar goes by how many eyes they have left after all those coons he shoots out to em

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 03-03-2018 01:22 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I don't know very much about walker dogs but it looked to me like there sure we're a lot of Wipeout pups hunting for that truck last night. I wonder how they all got there?.

Old Post 03-03-2018 02:25 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard a Red Dog is going to win tonight and put a stop to those walker dogs driving off in a new truck. Then again Weed might have something to say about that. Going to be an interesting cast tonight.

Old Post 03-03-2018 02:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I wish. That "red dog" is 1/2 Wipeout. She is red colored.

Old Post 03-03-2018 03:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Was down to the eye doctor yesterday to have my eyes checked. The old boy is a coonhunter and asked me if I still hunt, I told him I did and he said the day before there was three coonhunters in for eye exams and it so turned out they all had Rat dogs and said they couldn't see the coons their dogs treed and was wondering if they would get glasses if it would help. (Turned out they were line bred.) Another guy up here got a Rat dog last summer (That was line bred) and was Tickled to Death with him treeing the little kit coons in the summer and was down at Hardees every morning bragging on how good of a tree dogs he was, he just loved him, and when the leaves fell off he was sick, He was so sick the poor guy all most ended up getting a divorce over that dog he got suckered into buying. So BEWARE of the line bred dogs.. HEHEHEHE!!!! LOL

Old Post 03-03-2018 03:21 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

I know several that have line bred rat dogs. And honestly sticking isn't an issue with their dogs. One line bred off rat has done pretty good for being a young dog. He got to Friday night at the fall SS. He got to Friday night at the PKC world hunt this year also. All at just over a year old.

Old Post 03-04-2018 01:40 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Rat Attack was another one they LINED UP TO BREED TO! I learned a long time ago When your breeding dogs you don't go with the flow, Didn't you ever here the saying the Majority are Normally Wrong!!!!!

Old Post 03-04-2018 01:50 PM