UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Funniest thing you ever heard in the woods
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
8up
UKC Forum Member

Funniest thing you ever heard in the woods

Whats the Funniest thing you ever heard in the woods that man said to or about his dog.

these 2 are a tie for me.

My dad goes to try a dog out and the dog goes out strike and makes a couple circles and comes back in and my dad thinks he hears what the guy says but figures I must have misunderstood him. The dog goes back out strikes again and runs what seem like a rabbit track then shuts up and comes back in and the guy looks at the dog and "says the matter boy did he go up a tree and get away from you" Dad says I have seen and heard enough I am ready to go lol

Now the second one we made the first drop without a strike so we are headed to second drop and a coon crosses the road and the guys stops and got his dog out and cuts him loose the dog walk right over the log the coon ran down and never acted like he knew a coon was there. I walk the dog to the log and he stands there, The dogs owner says "he has a cold nose that track must be to hot for him" suppose to be a finished dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2019 06:12 AM
8up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8up Click here to Send 8up a Private Message Click Here to Email 8up Find more posts by 8up Add 8up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I was at a hunt and someone farted and said 'strike ol brownie'

Old Post 01-12-2019 02:28 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson

Didn't know you and Tar hunted together

Old Post 01-12-2019 02:38 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I like the old standby quote "well never seen him do that before" lol

Old Post 01-12-2019 04:17 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

I love when I hear someone say all tight mouth dogs are hot nosed. Same goes for a barking idiot being a track dog.

Tried a dog years ago.. Dog would fired in and didn't mess around be wooded...after three slicks I told the guy I understand a treedog will miss more than ideal but 3 in a row was a bit much... He said well come back when coon are running you'll buy him...

Old Post 01-12-2019 06:35 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

LOL...

Old Post 01-12-2019 06:36 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Was on a cast with a first time competition hunter that had the worst babbling dog I have ever witnessed. When confronted about it, he said " Oh, he's just happy barking because he's glad he got to go hunting".

Old Post 01-12-2019 09:44 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

quote:

U wasn't hunting in Indiana when you heard that one was you??? That's one of my regulars lol.

I was in a hunt one night and boys dog wasn't looking too hot, n he said if he don't straighten up I'm just gonna blow my squaller outta nowhere n end this misery 😂, for whatever reason that just hit my funny bone n I couldn't quit horse laughing that night.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 01-12-2019 09:56 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Was hunting with jay brademyer up at his place one night we walked up on a car in the woods. Was some heavy praying going on in there. Car was running and everytime it would bounce the tail pipe would blow a smoke ring !!

Lol

Tar

Old Post 01-12-2019 10:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I drew a young guy one night, he had a brand new Garmin and a ten dollar light, never once did he look up from the Garmin. His dog took off across a cut bean field running wide open, opening every breath. After a bit, I said, suppose that might be trash; he said, no if it was trash, it'd show up on this screen.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 01-12-2019 10:27 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

Don't know what kind of critter there runnin but it's got coon feet!

Old Post 01-13-2019 02:58 AM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

Don't know what kind of critter there runnin but it's got coon feet!

Old Post 01-13-2019 02:58 AM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Had a fella tell me I couldn't minus his tree because it was obvious a limb allowed it to cross out. At least one of the dumbest.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-13-2019 at 04:29 AM

Old Post 01-13-2019 04:14 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8up
UKC Forum Member

This one wasn't in the woods but was funny and true. Dad had some friends from WV that use to come up and hunt in Michigan and thought they had some good dogs until they ran with dad's. Then They went back home and bought them some more dogs and over that year they would talk and tell how many they had been treeing. Then one day Dad called him up and dad asked him how he was doing and he said Welll they haven't treed near as my since I found Jesus and got saved. We all fell out laughing because he couldn't lie about how may they were treeing.

How about this one... well **** my dog beat the coon to the tree again. (slick tree)

Old Post 01-13-2019 07:15 AM
8up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8up Click here to Send 8up a Private Message Click Here to Email 8up Find more posts by 8up Add 8up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Had a pair of young dogs tree a persimmon tree one fall that had two possums and three coons in it. My buddy said "Well, you whip yours, and I'll pet mine. One of us will have to be right."

I was driving down a lane towards a gaswell pad one night and in the course of conversation I said "I don't know what it is about this place, but I sure get turned around awfully easy down here."
He didn't miss a beat and replied "Probably 'cause your truck's smaller than mine..."

Old Post 01-13-2019 01:20 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Two guys driving down the road on their way hunting passenger says pull over I can't listen to that dog barking in the box. Driver pulls over lets him out he goes back pulls his dog out tunes him up gets back in the truck and continue on. Few minutes later same thing driver pulls over passenger gets out goes back and overhauls his dog for barkin in the dog box and off they go again. Third time passenger says pull over I don't know what's wrong with that fool tonight. Driver pulls over says me either but if ya really wanna stop the racket whoop my dog it's been him barking all along lol

Old Post 01-13-2019 02:12 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote