UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Both sides of the fence?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

That threatening to fight crap isn’t need.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-09-2019 05:50 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I never gave much thought to giving or getting rides at hunts. This past summer two friends and I left Baton Rouge for the Utchman Memorial Hunt in Missouri. About 500 miles. Should we have gone in three trucks?

According to some yes. The answer is no there should be someone that you draw that will be kind enough to let you ride along. Hunters helping hunters is still a common occurance still practiced by all but a few.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-09-2019 06:08 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

The number 1 problem today is the lack of COMMON SENSE!! Common sense tells me everything you just said before you even said it!!
It’s sad but believe it or not their ain’t many that have common sense today. They can get on a computer or iPod but can’t tell the difference in a dog that’s running and one that’s treed!! It’s not getting no better either it seems to get worse.
I couldn’t even ask a man to give me a ride 1-2 hours away if I was broke down on the side of the road let alone a coon hunt.
I wouldn’t go to a big hunt if I didn’t know the rules enough to handle the basic things that come up!! I’d stay and take my $30 lessons at home until I got a truck of my own and know the rules

Old Post 01-09-2019 07:02 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloxhdc
UKC Forum Member

4 trucks going across a pasture or parked in someone’s gate isn’t respecting a landowner And will cause you to loose hunting ground around where I live Draws too much attention. IMHO

Old Post 01-09-2019 07:58 PM
bloxhdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloxhdc Click here to Send bloxhdc a Private Message Click Here to Email bloxhdc Find more posts by bloxhdc Add bloxhdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
The number 1 problem today is the lack of COMMON SENSE!! Common sense tells me everything you just said before you even said it!!
It’s sad but believe it or not their ain’t many that have common sense today. They can get on a computer or iPod but can’t tell the difference in a dog that’s running and one that’s treed!! It’s not getting no better either it seems to get worse.
I couldn’t even ask a man to give me a ride 1-2 hours away if I was broke down on the side of the road let alone a coon hunt.
I wouldn’t go to a big hunt if I didn’t know the rules enough to handle the basic things that come up!! I’d stay and take my $30 lessons at home until I got a truck of my own and know the rules

You are a man that I could enjoy hunting with, pleasure and/or competition. Common sense goes a long ways with me.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-09-2019 08:56 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I would guess that most in this sport many of your lifelong friendships have came from your time in the woods and around the club house. Here lately we have talked about the woods and hunts being a refuge for so many from all walks of life. Leave your troubles at the door visit with old friends, maybe make new. Go hunting compete to the best of your ability but always remember there is another one tomorrow night. Practice good sportsmanship win loose or draw and help your fellow hunters whenever you can nothing in the rules prevent it.
Here is the post that lead me to make several in the last few days and I'm so thankful that this attitude is still in the minority. As a Nana and Papa letting our oldest grandson now 6 hunt in a few hunts if this negativity was rampant he wouldn't be allowed to attend. ....

"Giving or not giving a ride has nothing to do with sportsmanship.That is just a convenience. I won't give anyone a ride either.Nor would I accept a ride if I was offered a ride.I'll help you find your coon.Help you find and or catch your dog if need be.But that is about all I'll do.Don't expect me to chit chat either.I'm not there to be a taxi driver or be your friend.I'm there for one reason and that is to hunt.Nothing more nothing less.Anyone that don't like that oh well don't matter to me"

I had asked if he and others that thought like this accepted a ride at the end of a hunt to get back to their own truck and got no response. I'm positive they jump right in happy for the ride and the kindness someone extended to them. My wish is that someday maybe a few will see the error of their thinking. Life occurrences and sometimes age seem to help make some positive changes in people. The big picture of what's important become more clear along with the little things in life.
Help someone when you can extend and little more kindness along the way.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-09-2019 09:09 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

I admire the people who have the ability to word their post so as to get their point across without offending people, I probably need to work on that and 100% own it.

I think that a lot of people are taking it personal or viewing it as someone trying to get me out of the hunt if they dontbwant youbriding with them, or that someone will be difficult to get along with, which I dont believe is the case.

Me going around and picking someone up after the hunt is not the same as taking on the responsibility of getting someone to and from club/fairgrounds. But if you didnt want to give me a ride i would not be offended by your decision.

What if my rider has a great score and my dog is acroos the river and i cant get him, do i leave my dog and drive an hour back leaving my dog or does he get scratched for not making deadline?

What if I have a great score and my riders dog is across the river do I stay or do I get myself back by deadline? If I leave him and he drowns while swimming the river what is my responsibilities in that?

What if i fall asleep driving and kill or maim someione riding with me, are people going to talk about what a great sport I was?

These are all risk and chances that you take regardless of whether you are the rider or the ride giver. I dont know that you should be upset with someone if they choose to not take these risk.

As far as compassion for my fellow man goes I have helped the local football team for 8 years, payed for camps for kids that families couldn’t afford, hauled kids to and from practice weight lifting year round, donated my time. Some of these kids come from lessthan stellar backgrounds, but can never remember one getting out of my truck and not saying thanks coach. The same cannot be said of some of these guys that got a ride at a coonhunt.

Of all the post made about whether you should or shouldn’t give rides, whether you are unsportsman like or not, the one that got my attention was the one about pulling a knife, i have never been to a coon hunt that was worth dieing for or going to jail!

Old Post 01-10-2019 12:29 AM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

There is no such thing as common sense. It's different for everybody. Have you ever heard anybody say," I'm a doctor and smarter than my brother-in-law but I don't have any common sense"? You only hear the opposite.

Old Post 01-10-2019 12:33 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dean jamerson
I admire the people who have the ability to word their post so as to get their point across without offending people, I probably need to work on that and 100% own it.

I think that a lot of people are taking it personal or viewing it as someone trying to get me out of the hunt if they dontbwant youbriding with them, or that someone will be difficult to get along with, which I dont believe is the case.

Me going around and picking someone up after the hunt is not the same as taking on the responsibility of getting someone to and from club/fairgrounds. But if you didnt want to give me a ride i would not be offended by your decision.

What if my rider has a great score and my dog is acroos the river and i cant get him, do i leave my dog and drive an hour back leaving my dog or does he get scratched for not making deadline?

What if I have a great score and my riders dog is across the river do I stay or do I get myself back by deadline? If I leave him and he drowns while swimming the river what is my responsibilities in that?

What if i fall asleep driving and kill or maim someione riding with me, are people going to talk about what a great sport I was?

These are all risk and chances that you take regardless of whether you are the rider or the ride giver. I dont know that you should be upset with someone if they choose to not take these risk.

As far as compassion for my fellow man goes I have helped the local football team for 8 years, payed for camps for kids that families couldn’t afford, hauled kids to and from practice weight lifting year round, donated my time. Some of these kids come from lessthan stellar backgrounds, but can never remember one getting out of my truck and not saying thanks coach. The same cannot be said of some of these guys that got a ride at a coonhunt.

Of all the post made about whether you should or shouldn’t give rides, whether you are unsportsman like or not, the one that got my attention was the one about pulling a knife, i have never been to a coon hunt that was worth dieing for or going to jail!

I know of several handlers that have an addiction problem. Some bum rides at the hunts, both UKC and PKC. How about if you don’t know and you’re giving the handler a ride while approaching a road check he stuff his stash under your seat. Just out of the blue officer searches your truck and finds it. Who is going to jail?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-10-2019 01:02 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I had asked if he and others that thought like this accepted a ride at the end of a hunt to get back to their own truck and got no response. I'm positive they jump right in happy for the ride and the kindness someone extended to them. My wish is that someday maybe a few will see the error of their thinking. Life occurrences and sometimes age seem to help make some positive changes in people. The big picture of what's important become more clear along with the little things in life.
Help someone when you can extend and little more kindness along the way.
Jen

I did not see your question until this evening.I don't bother getting on here much because for one I work then come home and go hunting.But to answer your question.No I would not accept a ride at the end of the hunt.I would walk first and no I would not take a bottle of water either.That stuff is nasty

Old Post 01-10-2019 01:55 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
I know of several handlers that have an addiction problem. Some bum rides at the hunts, both UKC and PKC. How about if you don’t know and you’re giving the handler a ride while approaching a road check he stuff his stash under your seat. Just out of the blue officer searches your truck and finds it. Who is going to jail?

BINGO!! Ding ding ding! We got a winner fellors, believe me from past experiences that don’t involve coon hunting you better be careful who you give rides, most these guys won’t own there minus you thing they gonna earn what is rightfully there’s? 😂😂😂

Old Post 01-10-2019 04:27 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

STASH?

Gary and I have a stash of coffee called a YETI CUP and Tom has a stash of DR. PEPPER , Tar has his honey buns , some need better friends and associates I reckon.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-10-2019 08:31 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

So What Should we do?

After all is said and done, the fact remains that family upbringing is something only we can control with our own and can't help how someone else has been raised. It would be hard for me to change 25 years of misbehaving in someone in just a few short hunts. I attended a few hunts this past year for the first time in several years. I quit going to them because of some bad experiences. I don't cheat, whine when I loose, be disrespectable, and I don't be outright unsociable but I experienced this in the past. It's pretty amazing what some people will do to win! I will meet anyone half way but refuse to go the full distance every time when someone proves time and time again that they won't even attempt to meet you. My kindness will only go so far. The hunts that I attended last year were good ones even though we only won our cast one time. One thing that I did notice was the lack of dog power. What I mean is some folks will enter their dog hoping that their lesser dog will ride along in hopes that all the dogs doing the work will draw minus thus leaving them with a false score. Yes they will win but is that the proper way to do it, no IMO. But! These dogs can and will move on to get their titles by just tagging along. I will be putting my young female in the hunts this spring but you can bet she is well prepared and capable of winning. If she gets beat, so be it, but I know that I will be packing a pretty nice coon dog. Here's what I suggest, take as many young people hunting as possible. Show them at a young age what's right and wrong. Set a good example but be stern and don't do everything for them. We have a young girl that hunts with us, (14 years old) and she does her part. She can handle a big 75 lb hound in and out of the woods and has become a pretty dang good shot. She doesn't get babied and she loves coon hunting. I'm sure it won't be long that she will discover a young man and stray from the sport but the seed has been planted already. One last thing, I agree what someone else said about building the hunt numbers back up. Bring back treeing contests, drag races, water races and all the things that younger kids can participate in without actually hunting in the hunts. It needs to be fun again. These are just a few things that I thought I should bring up. That and $5 just might get you a cup of coffee, LOL!

Old Post 01-10-2019 01:18 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Isn't that part of the American Way? Why are coonhunters always presumed to be guility until proven innocent on this forum. This forum is just like the Kavanaugh hearings. What has America come to? Several people on here are saying that they aren't liberals but they sure are acting like they are.

Old Post 01-10-2019 06:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Brother Richard I just do what I feel is the right thing to do at the time if I am wrong I appoligise and do everything I can to make it right by whom I wronged.

Tarbaby

Old Post 01-10-2019 06:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

im going to have to agree with you Richard and I'm going to say one thing. ive been in the army for 10 years and I compare the army and coon hunting all the time. when you join the military the men and women standing by your side become brothers and sisters to you. after a while you get the since that there is nothing you wouldn't do for any of them. yes just like in any other thing in the world there are people that have problems weather it be finance relationship alcohol or what ever. at the end of the day they are still your brother and you would still do anything for them. I look at coon hunting the exact same way ive never found a better group of people than coon hunters just like the military I have friends all across the country from both. guys that have been in the military will know exactly what I mean by this and so will coon hunters. if I see a guy with a army shirt on no matter where I am I can sit and talk with them for hours like ive known them my whole life. the same goes for seeing a guy hours away from home with a dog box in the back of their truck. coon hunters are a different breed just like military people. we all need to stand together no matter what. just for the record I give rides at hunts dang near every chance I can get does that make me a sportsman more than you absolutely not that's just human nature to me helping someone out or saving gas that does not need to be spent. be leave me you do it enough and it will come back to help you later on. all of us guys around where I live help each other out. why because its the right thing to do.

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 01-10-2019 07:18 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

There have been some really good posts on the subject matter. It is evident that some people have very valid reasons for their decisions and choices in not giving rides to other hunters. We all should respect their decisions and not be upset or berate them for their decisions. Kudos to those who ignore the liabilities of giving rides to other hunters. Let's at least show some respect for those who choose not to accept the liabilities of giving rides to other hunters, after all, it is their choice. It is not as simple as some would have us to believe, nor is it a valid measure of sportsmanship. Dave

Old Post 01-10-2019 08:19 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Can you explain number three a little more in depth? I might have to catch a ride at a hunt I plan on specacting one Florida cause we don’t have a four wheel drive truck. If you have a rental truck don’t you have to fly your dogs?

Thanks

Old Post 01-10-2019 08:43 PM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

No. Two guys leave here in one truck. Say they are going to IN. One has a rental waiting for them. Both have trucks at the hunt.

Old Post 01-10-2019 10:58 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
No. Two guys leave here in one truck. Say they are going to IN. One has a rental waiting for them. Both have trucks at the hunt.

Oh okay that makes sense thank you, at small hunts it’s ok to catch a ride if you’re spectating right?

Old Post 01-11-2019 11:36 AM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Very common at small hunts. Last night we had two cast here to hunt and most people that came had paired up from their locations and when we drew out most paired up. I guided a cast and when it was over they called me and I had paired my ALPHA to one of theirs and knew right were they were. Probably close to two miles away. I went and collected 5 people and got everyone back to their trucks and headed home. We treed 3 coon on the cast I guided and the other cast had just about all pups and they had a slick treeing contest. All and all we had a great time. We had two guys that came from about 90 miles away. One from about 75 miles away and three form 60 miles away with one local guy showing up.

Old Post 01-11-2019 12:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I never gave much thought to giving or getting rides at hunts. This past summer two friends and I left Baton Rouge for the Utchman Memorial Hunt in Missouri. About 500 miles. Should we have gone in three trucks?
at the utchman memorial hunt you will be just fine riding from baton rouge in one truck .even those of us that attend with a off color dog still practice what we call around here southern hospitality .lol

Old Post 01-11-2019 01:27 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Very common at small hunts. Last night we had two cast here to hunt and most people that came had paired up from their locations and when we drew out most paired up. I guided a cast and when it was over they called me and I had paired my ALPHA to one of theirs and knew right were they were. Probably close to two miles away. I went and collected 5 people and got everyone back to their trucks and headed home. We treed 3 coon on the cast I guided and the other cast had just about all pups and they had a slick treeing contest. All and all we had a great time. We had two guys that came from about 90 miles away. One from about 75 miles away and three form 60 miles away with one local guy showing up.

You mentioned a hunt was it Ukc?

Old Post 01-11-2019 02:54 PM
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I 've been at this a long time, boy can I tell you stories. At a large breed hunt, drawed a four dog cast, I'm the judge, got a local guide, no ride, I don't mind hauling the guide, the other hunters show up, a young guy with two spectators, and a guy with a wife that is about eight and a half months pregnant. We're gonna drive about sixty miles to hunt, I tell them I have a single cab, short wide box pu, they all insist they can fit in the cab or in the box. So away we go.The poor pregnant lady is wedged in the cab and she is miserable. I asked her why she was putting herself through this, and she tells me her husband was offered enough for the dog he was hunting to pay the doctor and hospital bills for the birth of their baby, and he wanted to show her that not selling the dog was a good investment in their future. We have a lousy hunt, I win the cast with a low score, and we head back towards the club house, the lady starts having contractions, luckily, we are near to a hospital, drop them both off, guy asks me if I'd tell his buddy to come get him. Get back, miss dead line I look for his buddy, wait til last cast is in, no buddy, went to the hotel and went to sleep. The next day, the new father confronts me, why I didn't contact his buddy.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 01-11-2019 03:18 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

No it wasnt a UKC. They are only on weekends. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Thing is if it was a Saturday UKC hunt. The same guys would have been there. Down here most hunt them all and it is not one against the other. It is just coonhunting. When you get in the swamps down here the mud doesnt care what kind of hunter it is getting on.

Old Post 01-11-2019 03:42 PM