UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Both sides of the fence?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Both sides of the fence?

It is sad to read this message board following a large hunt. It seems that no matter how hard the KC works at putting on a quality hunt. There is always one or two things that give the Hunt a Black Eye. In most cases on this board or social media there is one side of the story and then the other side of the story. Somewhere in the middle there is the truth but it is so covered up by opinions from those not even understanding the situation. That after a few days it isn't even important.

I would like to share a few things, not about which side is right or wrong. But what you can and should do to protect yourself. Yes I know we live in a world that we have given all our power to others. People think they are doing that, trying to be kind. I believe strongly in being KIND and HELPING OTHERS. But you have to be KIND and STRONG to yourself first. Then you can help others.
1. We have said it a hundred times on here. Learn the rules. JiM made an excellent point the last time this was mentioned that you have to go to some hunts not knowing the application of the rules and wanting to learn through seeing the rules played out. I agree, but don't go there with a know it all attitude and that every rule used was used to cheat your or your dog. Go there to learn and while you're learning. Learn how to loose, even if you feel it wasn't deserved.
2. Don't ever go to a hunt expecting the competition to find your coon and hand you a win. There are plenty of men that will do that for you. But it is important for you to have a light your are comfortable with and the ability to find the coon yourself.
3. Don't ever travel to a large hunt that has satellite clubs off the grounds 1-2 hours or more away and expect to catch a ride. Why should you even expect someone to travel 2 hours or more out of their way to see you get back to where you came from. FL is out of the loop and all large hunts are many hours away. Many guys ride to the hunt together but the smart ones have a rental truck waiting for one of them when they get there.

You have to protect yourself and be strong. If things don't go as planned. Blame yourself and rethink what you did. It has never been anyone else's problem or fault that a cast wasn't won by one of my dogs. Please don't confuse being strong to mean not to be kind and helpful to others. The stronger you are the kinder and more helpful you can be and still accomplish your goals.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2019 04:07 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Real men and handling bad situations the right way went out the window with the 3 hr hunts jmo.

Tar

Old Post 01-08-2019 04:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

?????

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Real men and handling bad situations the right way went out the window with the 3 hr hunts jmo.

Tar

That is not true, as Bruce said there are still a lot of honest and helpful men out there has nothing to do with real men hunted 3 hrs. Remember we older guys set the example for the younger guys coming up.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 01-08-2019 05:38 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: ?????

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Robinson
That is not true, as Bruce said there are still a lot of honest and helpful men out there has nothing to do with real men hunted 3 hrs. Remember we older guys set the example for the younger guys coming up.

Exactly Doug.
Good post Bruce.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 01-08-2019 05:45 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The kc's tolerate more now then they did back then because they are fighting for revenue! I don't know if you are one or not but become a moh and see how you are handcuffed when dealing with bad situations. When I came up there was a bunch of war veterans and they ment what they said. They told you to leave you left and you did not come back till you got invited simple as that !!

Tar

Old Post 01-08-2019 05:49 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Excellent post, excellent advise! Dave

Old Post 01-08-2019 08:02 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Re: Both sides of the fence?

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
It is sad to read this message board following a large hunt. It seems that no matter how hard the KC works at putting on a quality hunt. There is always one or two things that give the Hunt a Black Eye. In most cases on this board or social media there is one side of the story and then the other side of the story. Somewhere in the middle there is the truth but it is so covered up by opinions from those not even understanding the situation. That after a few days it isn't even important.

I would like to share a few things, not about which side is right or wrong. But what you can and should do to protect yourself. Yes I know we live in a world that we have given all our power to others. People think they are doing that, trying to be kind. I believe strongly in being KIND and HELPING OTHERS. But you have to be KIND and STRONG to yourself first. Then you can help others.
1. We have said it a hundred times on here. Learn the rules. JiM made an excellent point the last time this was mentioned that you have to go to some hunts not knowing the application of the rules and wanting to learn through seeing the rules played out. I agree, but don't go there with a know it all attitude and that every rule used was used to cheat your or your dog. Go there to learn and while you're learning. Learn how to loose, even if you feel it wasn't deserved.
2. Don't ever go to a hunt expecting the competition to find your coon and hand you a win. There are plenty of men that will do that for you. But it is important for you to have a light your are comfortable with and the ability to find the coon yourself.
3. Don't ever travel to a large hunt that has satellite clubs off the grounds 1-2 hours or more away and expect to catch a ride. Why should you even expect someone to travel 2 hours or more out of their way to see you get back to where you came from. FL is out of the loop and all large hunts are many hours away. Many guys ride to the hunt together but the smart ones have a rental truck waiting for one of them when they get there.

You have to protect yourself and be strong. If things don't go as planned. Blame yourself and rethink what you did. It has never been anyone else's problem or fault that a cast wasn't won by one of my dogs. Please don't confuse being strong to mean not to be kind and helpful to others. The stronger you are the kinder and more helpful you can be and still accomplish your goals.

Great post!

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-08-2019 08:20 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Tar , I don't think they understand that in the end at this rate the numbers will continue to drop and folks like You and Preacher Tom and I will still be hunting our Swamp Rabbit /Possum dogs by Jerry Clower RKC rules drinking coffee , RC Colas and snacking on moon pies. Honest clubs are still out there and so are Honest Men and Women. But folks like us are just big dummies , THAT DON'T KNOW NUTHIN. LOL! I hope you get your Truck going soon buddy. Waiting on the President's address , then going hunting.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-09-2019 01:44 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Great post Bruce. No one says it better. And a few shouldn't say it at all.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-09-2019 01:53 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Clearly Jim you don't get out much ! although I respect your opinion you should be able to see that everthing ain't as groovy as it once was. There are no boundrys anymore and until you get off your bum and get out there in it you will never get a clear picture of how it is.

Fellow Hoosier

Tar

Old Post 01-09-2019 02:25 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You always seem to make my point for me.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-09-2019 03:07 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

My kids have been told a few times that a lack of planning on their part does not constitute a mistake on mine. With that said they were also taught as was I and many others (thankfully) to offer a hand up to your fellow man to help when you can, true sportsmanship, honestly, integrity the list goes on.
Though the rules in place do not force you to show your fellow hunters a coon they do have all be able to shine a tree after 2 minutes. Do you think this rule was put in place for them to twiddle their thumbs or actually try to help?
Though the rules do not force you to offer a ride to your fellow hunters it does have specifications if not all make it ti the woods on what to do along with specific rules for withdrawing. Do you think these rules were put in place so that some could intentionally leave others behind.
How many suffer from night blindness while driving at night and choose to ride with others for medical reasons? How many though they very much enjoy the sport and are an asset to it would be eliminated if every thought like a few because they choose to ride along for financial reasons. If you can't help out your own who can you help? Some of us see this hand up and being good sportsmen and stewards of this sport not an option even though the rules do not force it upon one. Do not make excuses for those who choose to be contrary to everything good you find here. Many of you need to walk in someone else's shoes for awhile because life lessons you should have learned as children have slipped your mind.
Back in September two young men 22 and 24 made it to the World Championship and choose to ride to the World hunt together it was safer and cheaper. One has a young family the other a recent college grad just starting out. They live less than 3 miles apart. I know of several others that did the same some sleeping in their trucks on the grounds. God help us if the people more fortunate in this sport had decided to deny any one there a ride to the woods. No one was left on the grounds with no ride because of the graciousness of others, a wonderful thing. Great fellowship was had at this hunt and new friends were made and old friends revisited.
No rules force you to be the nice guy or offer help to a fellow hunter but nothing is stopping anyone either.
None of this gives a specific kennel club a black eye it gives the sport as a whole one.
Kindness is not anyone's responsibility and none is required but when one can no longer do the right thing it may be best to just stay home.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-09-2019 04:46 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Some of the comments I’ve read in the past few days have really opened my eyes to how terrible some of our fellow hunters have been raised. There is no excuse to be a jerk. I do my best to get along with everyone all the time. I’ll give rides offer to buy you a pop if we stop at a store basically whatever you may need I’ll do. I’ve found coons ran down dogs on time out. Heck this year at the world hunt I let a boy I was beating on tie breaker cut back loose with me heads up when all I had to do was stand at the base of a den tree and let the hunt run out and I win. You guys do it for the wrong reasons. I just thrive off the competition the more that’s on the line the more I like it. I’ll hunt off every $$$ Hunt I can just to get one more round. Now with that being said if you treat me like some of these guys apparently treat people you better break out your pocket knife or get whatever you think you need to make it fair because it’s time to fight and that’s the only thingthat excites me more than lining dogs up.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 01-09-2019 06:49 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You always seem to make my point for me.

Your welcome lol !

Tar

Old Post 01-09-2019 08:44 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Well said Dalton. And Tar , God will bless you for being polite and you are buddy , one can be both blunt and polite , the good Lord knows us all because he made us all and some he made with no tact whatsoever , Tar , You and I came out of that mold. On a good note made a den and a real live raccoon tonight after 2 REAL COLD tracks , even the best possum dogs can tree a coon once in a while. LOL

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-09-2019 09:29 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Right now I have a truck being used by a young hunter. He has had it for a couple weeks and just a few days ago I told him I needed it for tonight due to a small competition hunt we are having and I want it here to take anyone needed to the woods. I am so thankful that God has given me a heart that wants to help my fellow man and a means to do so. With that said. I am not one that puts my ability to perform in the hands of anyone else but God and myself. I have been blessed many times with people showing up when I am in need and I am very Thankful for that. It just I don't plan it that way and I sure don't get excited if it doesn't work that way. I sure won't give anyone else the advise to rely on someone else. Because out there in this world we all don't hold hands and sing together. In a small way my effort to change that is doing the right thing and hopefully someone follows my lead. If they don't, then it is on them.

Old Post 01-09-2019 11:03 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jugheadmiller
UKC Forum Member

Good post. People don't need to be a jerk about things like this

Old Post 01-09-2019 12:10 PM
Jugheadmiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jugheadmiller Click here to Send Jugheadmiller a Private Message Click Here to Email Jugheadmiller Find more posts by Jugheadmiller Add Jugheadmiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Ms Cummings,
You are so quick to point fingers at those not giving rides to those that had them pointing out that maybe the people isn’t financially able to drive all over the country. Has it occurred to you that maybe the guide doesn’t have the money to haul someone back to the club? Help others when you can is a good thing. It is not mandatory to be a good sportsman. One thing that is hurting our sport is people not preparing themselves and bashing others for their mistakes all over social media.

The incident that started all this is a newly married very good gentleman that hasn’t seen his wife all week due to her being out of town, guided a cast for a friend and his local club to help put on the biggest hunt in the state. While driving a piece of truck(he sold his new truck just before getting married). Another guy chooses to ride with a friend and calls everyone unsportsmanlike jerks because they won’t give him a ride. So, all of y’all so called go people are with the guy that thinks he is entitled to a free ride and bash the guy who actually was doing a good thing, he was already helping friends, club, hunters, UKC put on a good hunt. Y’all high and mighty people are something. I stay down here helping people that NEED help when I can and let y’all claim to help everyone that WANTS and EXPECTS help do to them NOT preparing themselves.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 01-09-2019 01:30 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce serious question. A lot of clubs have quit holding their day events. Coon in a log , treeing contest , swim race , even the bench shows that kept ( family's ) all day long they visited with each other , ate , even prayed together. Maybe clubs need to work at bringing those things back. I for one have a lot of fond memories of those things now they just come to the hunt and go home. Bring back the grade hunts have a grade ukc title just cost you to get it.

To have good ole family fun you got to have some good ole family fun don't you ?

Tar

Old Post 01-09-2019 01:39 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
Ms Cummings,
You are so quick to point fingers at those not giving rides to those that had them pointing out that maybe the people isn’t financially able to drive all over the country. Has it occurred to you that maybe the guide doesn’t have the money to haul someone back to the club? Help others when you can is a good thing. It is not mandatory to be a good sportsman. One thing that is hurting our sport is people not preparing themselves and bashing others for their mistakes all over social media.

The incident that started all this is a newly married very good gentleman that hasn’t seen his wife all week due to her being out of town, guided a cast for a friend and his local club to help put on the biggest hunt in the state. While driving a piece of truck(he sold his new truck just before getting married). Another guy chooses to ride with a friend and calls everyone unsportsmanlike jerks because they won’t give him a ride. So, all of y’all so called go people are with the guy that thinks he is entitled to a free ride and bash the guy who actually was doing a good thing, he was already helping friends, club, hunters, UKC put on a good hunt. Y’all high and mighty people are something. I stay down here helping people that NEED help when I can and let y’all claim to help everyone that WANTS and EXPECTS help do to them NOT preparing themselves.

Kenneth let it go you made your point do what you believe in it gets me in hot water all the time lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-09-2019 01:41 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

No Kenneth what really got me riled up had nothing to do with the goings on at GA it was when individuals admitted that no matter the circumstances they will not give a ride to a fellow hunter ever. None ever responded back as to whether or not they accept rides when the hunt is over back to their truck. Quite a double standard. My point on every post I have made is for everyone to practice good sportsmanship every chance they get. Can you imagine how much more pleasant this coon hunting world would be. I have invite you multiple times to post any ideas of your own you may have that would contribute to it and so far you haven't. Once again do you or any others have any suggestions?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-09-2019 04:28 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
No Kenneth what really got me riled up had nothing to do with the goings on at GA it was when individuals admitted that no matter the circumstances they will not give a ride to a fellow hunter ever. None ever responded back as to whether or not they accept rides when the hunt is over back to their truck. Quite a double standard. My point on every post I have made is for everyone to practice good sportsmanship every chance they get. Can you imagine how much more pleasant this coon hunting world would be. I have invite you multiple times to post any ideas of your own you may have that would contribute to it and so far you haven't. Once again do you or any others have any suggestions?

Yes I have a great idea! Everyone drive your own truck, bring your own Garmin collars and Alpha/Astro and light. Be a sportsman by following the rules and helping other find their coon and dogs. Now that is he sportsmanship everyone should and can follow.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 01-09-2019 05:18 PM
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
Some of the comments I’ve read in the past few days have really opened my eyes to how terrible some of our fellow hunters have been raised. There is no excuse to be a jerk. I do my best to get along with everyone all the time. I’ll give rides offer to buy you a pop if we stop at a store basically whatever you may need I’ll do. I’ve found coons ran down dogs on time out. Heck this year at the world hunt I let a boy I was beating on tie breaker cut back loose with me heads up when all I had to do was stand at the base of a den tree and let the hunt run out and I win. You guys do it for the wrong reasons. I just thrive off the competition the more that’s on the line the more I like it. I’ll hunt off every $$$ Hunt I can just to get one more round. Now with that being said if you treat me like some of these guys apparently treat people you better break out your pocket knife or get whatever you think you need to make it fair because it’s time to fight and that’s the only thingthat excites me more than lining dogs up.

Old Post 01-09-2019 05:48 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2

Old Post 01-09-2019 05:48 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I never gave much thought to giving or getting rides at hunts. This past summer two friends and I left Baton Rouge for the Utchman Memorial Hunt in Missouri. About 500 miles. Should we have gone in three trucks?

Old Post 01-09-2019 05:49 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote