UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Brush pile question?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

Brush pile question?

4 dogs in cast. All struck and 2 treed. Wait 5 minutes and 2 dogs treed are in brush pile. One dog is handled other is not because he is out of reach. Dog c is declared treed with d still on track. What do you do? Time out or all must go score dog c tree? This part did not happen but what if dog d trees when going to c’s tree? Dog a can be recast before d is declared treed?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-31-2018 08:57 PM
tg3375 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tg3375 Click here to Send tg3375 a Private Message Click Here to Email tg3375 Find more posts by tg3375 Add tg3375 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

start the 5 on C . handle dog out of reach and recut A & B since D is still out on track A & B can be recut. go score treed dog C .

Old Post 12-31-2018 09:15 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I assume dog B is the one that cant be handled and is out of reach ?

Old Post 12-31-2018 09:17 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Yes dog A can be recast if D hasnt been declared treed

Old Post 12-31-2018 09:18 PM
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

Dog b cannot be handled and is in brush pile.

Old Post 12-31-2018 09:20 PM
tg3375 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tg3375 Click here to Send tg3375 a Private Message Click Here to Email tg3375 Find more posts by tg3375 Add tg3375 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I would say send handler of C to go handle dog after his 5 up and wait for cast . While this is going on give dog owner B a satisfactory amount of time to handle B while dog owner D is listening for D to get treed. You have to go Score C . Bad break for dog B .

in this situation i dont think U can call timeout unless one of the dogs or handlers were in danger.

This is a heck of a purrdickament !! LOL

Old Post 12-31-2018 09:58 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Must be a good question since so many people are jumping on it !! LOL
My judgement prob wasnt the correct one .....

Richard ? Tar ? Where you guys at ? Ya'll always have something to say or a thread to hiJack !

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:02 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

I'll back ya up Toad Hill. lol.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "out of reach". I'd guess therein lies the problem. Why exactly is the dog out of reach or why can it not be handled?

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:13 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I wasn't there so I don't know what should have been done.

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Dog Cannot be handled

Im gonna guess this dog couldn't be handled because the dog was under the log pile with NO WAY to actually get your hands on the dog and pull it out from under there. This happened to me this winter while pleasure hunting. Dogs were in a bull dozer pile with NO WAY I could physicall get my hands on the dog. I had to go to the lower end of the dozer pile and call my dog down to me approximate 10 yds or so.

Took about 10 minutes to get the dog to listen to me and come to me. I'm guessing this was a similar situation.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:26 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

Happened at state hunt and similar situation at our local club. One time a time out was called and other time things moved on. Both times dog came out of brush pile and was not hurt. When time out was called it was the judges dog.

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:30 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Allen - LOL !

We have ALOT of dozer piles here . I hate em ! Esp when trying to train a young dog and you want a good race from strike to tree and be treed on a tree not a dozed pile or in it. Bad break for the dog in competition AND even while just pleasure hunting/training. My cousin had to get a chain saw and cut out a way to one once ( Not during a hunt). it took over an hour . It pays to have a good handle on a dog but sometimes when adrenaline mode or when one is face to face with the coon they are hard or impossible to call off. Depends on the dog all are different.
If i had one stuck and knew it was gonna cost the hunt time and I there wasnt much on line to win i'd just have to withdraw i guess and let the other 3 dogs move on finish hunt cause its not fair to the other 3. Just a bad break IMO

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:38 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I will add one other thing ..... If i'm dog D youre def not calling time out LOL

Old Post 12-31-2018 10:40 PM
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

I have seen natural log jams and man made brush piles bigger than most houses. I think the coons had surveillance cameras and a flag flying on some of them. In my younger days remember ole Dixie in a beaver hole along the creek bank. We spent almost 2 hours trying to get her out by yelling, shooting, squalling and making other dogs tree Finally gave up and she beat us back to the truck. She must of thought we were cheering her on the whole time. Lol.

Just looking for an answer if there is not obvious danger. I have never chainsawed one out or hired a backhoe, my dogs got out what they got into so far. So time out or not?

Old Post 12-31-2018 11:34 PM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna take a shot at this. Dog A can't be recut until dozer pile is scored. Can't score until dogs are handled. Call timeout and start the hour. Dog C gets scored because was treed before timeout was called.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 01-01-2019 12:24 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I was just already assuming the brush pile was scored. He never stated that detail but said they handled the dogs declared treed there. Well one of them at least.

You can't call time out . And if you try to , under what rule would allow u to do so ?

Old Post 01-01-2019 08:46 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Here we go again

The people on here will tell you call a time out under the rule,( they want to!) Done tried to have a talk about time outs on here and most just do what they want when they want. But I'm this case I don't you can make a time out fit. Dog b's handler can withdraw if he doesn't want to continue without his dog out.

Old Post 01-01-2019 01:28 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

Here we go again? Sorry, before posting this question I researched holes and piles with no good answers to time out. What if 2 dogs cannot be handled or even 3, does the hunt move on?

Old Post 01-01-2019 06:44 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
I'm gonna take a shot at this. Dog A can't be recut until dozer pile is scored. Can't score until dogs are handled. Call timeout and start the hour. Dog C gets scored because was treed before timeout was called.

That works for me. 7(a) fits.

Old Post 01-01-2019 07:53 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
That works for me. 7(a) fits.

How does 7a fit ?

Old Post 01-02-2019 05:30 AM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

How can you score brush pile without both dogs that were treed there handled? You can’t. If you can’t handle both dogs at brush pile. Give the handler of the dog that can’t be handled the time to try and handle his dog if it can’t be handled in that time frame scratch hiim bad. Break

Old Post 01-02-2019 12:02 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

You can't score the brush pile without handling the dog. You cant scratch the handler because his dog is out of reach. No one is really in danger at that moment so 7A doesnt fit right now. So what do you do? There isn't a rule written specifically for this situation so you use the one that fits the best. You call time and give the handler 1 hour to handle the dog. If he cant then he is scratched for delaying the cast. If dog C was declared treed before that decision was made then it can be scored when time is back in.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-02-2019 02:37 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Use the one that "best fits " the situation?????
You'd have to have maj vote to call time out regardless .
We can't forget that dog D is still out on track.

Old Post 01-02-2019 07:10 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Where's Jim and Allen ? LoL

Old Post 01-02-2019 07:12 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Y’all do what you want with draw mine and turn your head!! I don’t do ground holes and I don’t do brush piles. But that’s just me.
I’d say the handler of the dog in the brush pile needs to get his dog handled, I call mine out of it but you more than welcome to climb in there and get him. The dog that left should get an award but we can’t give that to him so we minus his tree points and send the other guy to go handle his dog no sense in him standing here watching this circus. But we ain’t calling no time out if that’s what handler A thinks we gonna do. Break that stuff at home and you won’t get into this mess!! Handler c says take your time lol

Old Post 01-02-2019 08:13 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote