UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cast wins to make Gr Nt Ch
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Cast wins to make Gr Nt Ch

In the last few years, going with the old format to finish a dog to Gr Nt Ch, how many cast wins did most dogs have before they got their 100 points to Nt Ch and 5 high scoring Nt Ch cast wins to make Gr Nt Ch?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:41 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

There is no possible way to answer that question. A hundred guys can tell you how many casts THEIR dog took but nobody knows how many MOST dogs took.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-18-2018 06:09 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I started to post the question with THEIR instead of MOST but then thought maybe somebody might be able to answer from what they knew about how it worked out with other peoples dogs finishing to Grand Night.

My guess would be that 8 was the minimum but in some areas with smaller entries that wasn't uncommon to finish one with 8 cast wins, but in other areas it might take more than the 13 that will be required.

Old Post 12-18-2018 06:23 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Just a guess

A dog is doing pretty good to win 50% of their casts with plus points. So with the new format 16 hunts would be pretty good.
The old way was tough if you went to just big hunts to get wins ( Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, Grand American, Breed hunts etc...) or if you lived in an area with tough competition at the local level. Getting the first place wins was tough.
Sorry didn't answer your question, but those are my thoughts.

That said, I think the new format will be pretty good. We'll see.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-20-2018 06:06 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

50% cast wins with plus points it will now take 26 hunts to grand 1 out if my figures are correct.

Old Post 12-20-2018 02:38 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Twenty six hunts entered will sure increase entries.

Old Post 12-20-2018 03:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

John

Cant answer that completely but what I can say is I won 5 casts last year and got 1 win to grand out of it.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 12-20-2018 04:14 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: John

quote:
Originally posted by Blaine Stout
Cant answer that completely but what I can say is I won 5 casts last year and got 1 win to grand out of it.

How many cast wins did it take to make Night Champion???

It might end up taking more cast wins to make Night Champion and less to go from Night Champion to Grand Night Champion.

Old Post 12-20-2018 09:22 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

John from my experience living here in SE ohio, if you have a good hound, and have that hound tuned up, you could finish to Nt.Ch in about 6-7 hunts. At least that is what I averaged when taking mine from registered to Nt.Ch. Now granted, that was my (what I call ) GOOD HOUNDS. Rocket, Sling, Little Dolly, Holly, and even Rowdy, they all seemed to earn their Nt.Ch,degree in 6-7 hunts.

Now it became a different story when going for grand. Little Dolly earned her Gr.Nt degree the quickest of any of my dogs by being in a total of 13 hunts to earn her Gr.Nt.Degree.

Rocket, Holly, and Gun probably averaged 12-16 additional casts to earn their Gr.Nt. Degree. So by doing my own math, I would say for me (only) my junk dogs probably averaged 18 to 22 casts before they finished to grand. No records broke here I'm certain, but that is the honest answer for my so called "Good Hounds" Good luck with your collection of information.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 12-20-2018 11:53 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I'm not sure on nite ch. He was already a nitech with 2 wins when I got him last year.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 12-21-2018 04:29 AM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote