UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Female slicking suddenly
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Austin1203
New UKC Forum Member

Female slicking suddenly

I have a NITE CH female. She just turned five in October. I've owned her for a year and she has always been an extremely accurate hound. She could run bad tracks and tree with a coon. I raised a gang of pups out of her and was the same great dog afterwards. She came back in heat and now she is pulling slicks left and right. I have been correcting her on the slicks, but can't tell it is helping. I know the dog could run very bad tracks in the cold and coon rut last year. Any advice on what to do? I took her to the vet and they thought it was her hormones and gave her a hormone shot. Any advice is appreciated cause I don't have a clue what to do and I want my dog back to normal. Thanks!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2019 05:18 PM
Austin1203 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin1203 Click here to Send Austin1203 a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin1203 Find more posts by Austin1203 Add Austin1203 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It's coon rutting season ! They are up every tree wee , ween on everything looking for girlfriends scent everywhere but on the ground.

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2019 05:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin1203
New UKC Forum Member

She treed all kinds of coons last rutting season, but isn't this year after she come out of heat

Old Post 01-16-2019 05:33 PM
Austin1203 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin1203 Click here to Send Austin1203 a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin1203 Find more posts by Austin1203 Add Austin1203 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Every day is different. For exzample last week we were up early ran rabbits all day. This week had a hard time finding tracks until 11:00 then it was majic run them for 2 hrs until they holed. Same thing with coons one night hit good tracks coons in all the trees next night slicks and dens and see coons setting up the dogs can't smell. Might try hunting different spots I try to go to a different spot every night the coons know you are there.

It's nature.

Tar

Old Post 01-16-2019 05:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote