UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Chased off tree??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Chased off tree??

Situation last night. I walk hunt 3 dogs male female and 6mo pup. All 3 strike and tracking for 5 minutes. Female and pup come to me. I send them back out and they go reluctantly. All get treed on a den. Pet them up and send again. Male strikes close and female & pup go 200 yds and strike. Male trees female & pup tree. Trees are 250 yds apart. Male will hold so I go to female and pup. Female is hard tree chop every breath can hear pup also. I'm outside of woods on a grass lane 100 yds away. Spotted her coon as I walked. Female and pup go silent. Female comes out to me. Pup goes toward male. Female would not go back to tree by herself. She did show me the tree as we walked in only barked couple times. Very skidish! So I go to male. Pup is not there. When I check GPS Female and pup are leaving the area. Male has a den tree. By the time I get to my vehicle Female and pup are 3/4 mile away.
As I stated I walk hunt patch woods. When dogs get woods hunted they come to me.
My question will coyotes chasing dogs off tree effect them this bad. When I caught up with dogs female was still skidish. I did not hear any fighting or growling. Any one have this happen? Will this effect my female as far as her hunting? Your thoughts appreciated!
Randi

Last edited by RC-Abby on 01-07-2019 at 06:45 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-2019 06:42 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Mouse s a very hard accurate dog and can stay with anything but you let a pack of coyotes get near or howling and she comes in and I dont blame her

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-07-2019 07:31 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Got to mine before she gave up the tree and gave her the coon and it didn't affect her any. I've a few packs light up close sence then and she hasn't paid them any attention

Old Post 01-07-2019 07:42 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i've had mine get weird around bear/big cat sign.

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 01-07-2019 08:17 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Yuuuup , coyote(s) will shooooonuffff messy a dog(s) up.
Had 2 males get runoff a tree last week.....one had it's hock punctured, I heard the commotion and the coyote at the tree.
Guess my dogs AINT TUFF ENUFF TO STAY !

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:34 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

had 2 of my females and a buddies male get run off a tree about a 1/4 mile away a couple of weeks ago , years ago my brother had a female get her tail , and 1 ear chewed off they were trying to kill her.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-07-2019 10:19 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Coyotes can be down right aggressive especially in spring/early summer. A few year ago, a coyote chased a young female of mine all the way back to my vehicle. When I got there I found the coyote 50 feet from my vehicle and the female couched under it. When the coyote spotted my light he came running my way. I can tell you that coyote’s attitude got him eliminated that night.

Old Post 01-08-2019 12:48 AM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

knock on wood haven’t ever seen anything happen with them, but they are thick around here I cut dogs into the all the time. Only one time have I had a dog come back bloody and pretty sure it was from an alligator they weren hunting in $kc cast that turned out to us.

Old Post 01-09-2019 02:52 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I have a coming 3-year-old female that's been going as deep as necessary to find a coon. Lately, she refuses to leave me on some drops. Wednesday night she treed a coon at 520 yards. Last night same spot she wouldn't get out of the dog box. I'm suspecting she smells coyote. Anyone else have this problem?

Old Post 01-13-2019 03:16 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

I've had coyotes come in on my dogs a few times.When that happens the next day me and some guys take our coyote hounds up there and turn them loose.Let 15 or 20 coyote hounds get hold of a coyote it don't end well for that coyote and sends a message to the others

Old Post 01-13-2019 01:20 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

had one Friday night get run off tree by coyotes, he come down the creek struck another track they came back in on him again. he come back where turned lose and we went home. first time for me.

Old Post 01-13-2019 02:57 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote