UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Brush pile question?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
. No one is really in danger at that moment so 7A doesnt fit right now. So what do you do? There isn't a rule written specifically for this situation so you use the one that fits the best. You call time and give the handler 1 hour to handle the dog.

Right. I'd handle it the same as a dog in a drainage tile or under a building or anything else that prevents the dog from being handled

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-02-2019 09:15 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Also remember that a dog does not have to be declared treed at a brush pile or other place of refuge (hole) if he is there he is handled and his strike points scored accordingly whether he was called treed or not.

Old Post 01-03-2019 03:47 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tg3375
UKC Forum Member

So far there are 5 that say time out and 4 that say no time out. What is the right way to handle it?

Old Post 01-08-2019 02:50 PM
tg3375 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tg3375 Click here to Send tg3375 a Private Message Click Here to Email tg3375 Find more posts by tg3375 Add tg3375 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Where's Jim and Allen ? LoL

When he said the brush pile is the size of a house; I ran as hard as I could go!

Old Post 01-08-2019 09:44 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Seriously ,,,,,,

Can this question not get resolved and answered?
I for one want to know .

Old Post 01-21-2019 12:33 AM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I would handle dogs that were able to be handled in the brush pile. If anouther hound had been declared treed take the cast and score the tree and at that point call timeout. One hour to handle all hounds. There will be some what if's but at some point the time out needs called. If no other hound had been treed, time out at the pile. The hound in the pile may be in danger.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-21-2019 05:50 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote