UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Quatro’s vs. Yoder boots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bennett564
UKC Forum Member

Quatro’s vs. Yoder boots

Wondering what everyone’s opinion is on the Yoder boots vs quatros. I’ve had quatros and loved them but have heard the yoders have them beat. Needing another pair and was curious before I got quatros again.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-26-2018 06:32 PM
bennett564 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bennett564 Click here to Send bennett564 a Private Message Click Here to Email bennett564 Find more posts by bennett564 Add bennett564 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
@jjbackwoods
UKC Forum Member

I have yoders and they have lasted a long time. The chaos lasted longer than my muck boots. I just wore my muck boots out and have been shopping also. But I think I am going back to yoders.

PR J&J Backwoods Spazz
PR J&J Backwoods Paizley

https://www.facebook.com/jjbackwoods
/
With GOD all things are possible.

Old Post 12-27-2018 12:28 AM
@jjbackwoods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for @jjbackwoods Click here to Send @jjbackwoods a Private Message Click Here to Email @jjbackwoods Visit @jjbackwoods's homepage! Find more posts by @jjbackwoods Add @jjbackwoods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You can't wear out a pair of Quatros. You can wear out the chaps or cut a hole in the boots by kicking a sharp stob. But you can't wear them out. I have had a pair for 5 years now.

Old Post 12-27-2018 02:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Yeah right

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
You can't wear out a pair of Quatros. You can wear out the chaps or cut a hole in the boots by kicking a sharp stob. But you can't wear them out. I have had a pair for 5 years now.

2 years 2 pairs of Quatros. Sole split all the way across the bottom. The Badlands chaps are great on them.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 12-27-2018 11:00 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, sounds like a defect. Did you send them back for a refund?

Old Post 12-28-2018 03:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I would love to find a boot that lasts more than a year. Doesn't seem to matter what kind I buy they last a year then start leaking. Never had a problem with the chaps it always the boot that fails.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 12-29-2018 04:54 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

A good boot dryer is a must if you want to keep a rubber boot in shape. They stay wet inside it will cause rubber to dry rot. I believe that’s what causes leakes , soles to come off. Have a pair of grubs that are 3 years old , still keep my feet dry.

Old Post 12-30-2018 02:05 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Just got through glueing the soles of my Grubs back on with some glue that you are suppose to be able to glue a car together with. Hope it works with the boots. Last pair of Mucks split in the back just above the heel. Think I'll go back to Lacrosse.

Old Post 12-30-2018 03:31 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I didnt know anyone made chaps with lacrosse boots anymore. I used to love my lacrosse boots but cant find them around here anymore with chaps on them.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 12-30-2018 07:10 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Dunlop Purofort Thermal. Logest lasting boot l have owned. Little bit heavier than most but they work for me. Cant remember where l got them. But had to be a coon hunting vender because l have the heavy Dans chap on them. I want to buy another pair.

Old Post 12-30-2018 09:00 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

You probably won’t get much feedback on the Yoder Cougar because they haven’t been on the market but about 4 months now. The Cougar is a nice boot, lighter and comfortable. Durability will be determined at this time. The Quatro has been through the test and have made a reputation for being durable. I personally haven’t seen them come apart like a Muck does in 6 months, most guys are getting a year or more out them. The Cougar is made very similar to a Dans Frogger( which is a good boot as well) or Muck boot. Cougars are rated to 20 degrees and Quatros to -15, Cougars weigh about 4 1/2 pounds, Quatros weigh 6 pounds. The biggest thing in boots is getting a boot that fits your foot, best to try on as many as you can before making a decision. If you can make it the the Grand American you will be able to try just about every boot available today. Good luck

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 12-30-2018 11:11 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

You probably won’t get much feedback on the Yoder Cougar because they haven’t been on the market but about 4 months now. The Cougar is a nice boot, lighter and comfortable. Durability will be determined at this time. The Quatro has been through the test and have made a reputation for being durable. I personally haven’t seen them come apart like a Muck does in 6 months, most guys are getting a year or more out them. The Cougar is made very similar to a Dans Frogger( which is a good boot as well) or Muck boot. Cougars are rated to 20 degrees and Quatros to -15, Cougars weigh about 4 1/2 pounds, Quatros weigh 6 pounds. The biggest thing in boots is getting a boot that fits your foot, best to try on as many as you can before making a decision. If you can make it the the Grand American you will be able to try just about every boot available today. Good luck

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 12-30-2018 11:11 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Refund???

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, sounds like a defect. Did you send them back for a refund?

Heck no I hunt hard and they last in the stuff I hunt in. I like the boot and the badlands chaps on them. If I could figure out how to get the chap off I would keep those too.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 12-31-2018 05:45 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote