UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Christmas Eve hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Christmas Eve hunt

Maybe Santa will bring me a new dog!!! NUFF SAID!! LOL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-25-2018 02:18 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Dogs to a Christmas party

Just want to share my Christmas eve hunt. Nice still night frost set in early. Ground had a frozen crust just enough the mud didn't stick. What traffic there was you could hear for miles.
I hunt with a Polaris UTV and snowmobile trailer. Can go about any where and not leave a track. And believe me it has been wet.
So I decide to go back a half section (mud) road. And all is well. I cut loose in what was a Pheasant hunting farm. The dogs work to the south and at 400 yards strike. make a little circle and head south. When they head south it sounded like they were chewing on coon tail. then they treed. Remember how I said it was still and sound traveled. Just a big roar when they treed. Well when I get close to them they are circling a old toolshed in a back yard. 3 dogs barking every breath. (sure was pretty music) Not a problem yet. When I can see the house driveway full of cars. House lit top to bottom I realized a family Christmas. Since we were not invited I leashed the dogs and tiptoed away.
Was reading forums thought I would share. And I have to ask did you get a dog??
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Randi

Old Post 12-30-2018 10:32 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Santa didn't bring a new dog but I'm sure working on getting one! Lol..... seems like mine have lost their minds all of a sudden!

Old Post 12-31-2018 03:57 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

Jordy

I hunted my Jordy dog Christmas nite (believe its first time I hunted Christmas nite) and had best nite of season,6 tracks 6 trees 4singles and 2 doubles.Had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old Post 12-31-2018 05:39 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote