UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Politics
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Politics

Let's break the word down...

poli (or poly)..Greek root meaning multiple or many

tics...blood sucking vermin

In the words of Emet Brohard "Nuff said"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2021 06:48 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

We got a speaker of the house who put house rules up for vote that says members can't speak the words boy,daughter,son,husband, wife or any gender specific words, and shes worried about the sanity of the President. Hard to believe

Old Post 01-10-2021 01:46 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Senator Mitch McConnell has been in the Senate for 36 years. In particular, he has served as the Senate Majority Leader since January 2015. Despite his boasts of his power and influence, he has failed to use these resources for the public good. Senator McConnell has been a woefully weak and ineffective leader.

At a minimum, effective leadership involves using one’s skills and influence to help groups navigate discord and solve problems. Leadership often requires the courage to call down those who sow needless division in a community. Senator McConnell seldom does these things. This is the primary reason we should Vote Him Away on November 3rd.

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, a country’s leaders can save or doom many thousands of lives. President Trump has done the latter via his incompetence and depravity. President Trump’s treatment of Dr. Anthony Fauci provides an illuminating case study of this depravity in action.

Dr. Fauci is the premier infectious disease control expert in the United States. Yet, he has been savaged by the administration because the public rates him as more trustworthy on matters relating to the Corona Virus than President Trump. In a time when the public needs accurate and timely information from trusted sources, Donald Trump has stopped getting advice from Dr. Fauci, severely limited his media appearances, and is now directly attacking Dr. Fauci’s character and expertise. Dr. Fauci has fallen into disfavor because he honestly assesses the status of the pandemic. He has thus contradicted the wishful thinking of the President and his cheerleaders. The attack on Dr. Fauci ranks as one of the most disgraceful acts by President Trump to date. It is after all an attack on us and on our individual and collective abilities to make rational choices about how to best deal with the COVID19 pandemic.

There is one person in Washington who has the power to curtail such travesties enacted by Donald Trump, but has instead been feckless and weak, failing to use his power for the common good. That person is Senator Mitch McConnell.

Mitch McConnell frequently boasts about his power, about how he serves as the “grim reaper” for any and all progressive legislative proposals in his role as Senate Majority Leader. He controls Trump’s nominations, Trump’s legislative agenda, and most recently Trump’s fate in the impeachment trial. Curtailing the malpractice of the executive this year would have been as simple as, “Mr. President, if you continue with X, I will allow a full Senate trial with witnesses and documents.” Whatever sins of commission we lodge against the President, Senator McConnell equally shares in responsibility by his sins of omission – failing to take any meaningful stand for good self-governance.

Mitch McConnell has the power, but he does not use it. He sometimes voices his disapproval of some action, but he never directly criticizes the President Trump’s depredations. Following the murder of U.S.-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the minions of Saudi Crown Prince Muhammed Bin Salmon, Mitch protested that the US must respond to this abhorrent act. However, after President Trump and others tried to assist the Saudi Crown Prince in his coverup, Senator McConnell supported no meaningful response. When an embargo of arms sales to Saudi Arabia passed the House and was before the Senate, Senator McConnell led the opposition to it. The Senate passed the measure despite McConnell’s opposition. However, due in large part to Senator McConnell’s opposition, the Senate failed to override President Trump’s veto of the arms embargo.

When it comes to moderating President Trump’s foolish nonsense, Mitch McConnell is Missing In Action. He did not meaningfully criticize or oppose President Trump’s seizure of defense department appropriations to build the Wall in the fall of 2019. Instead, he lambasted Democrats for not funding the President’s requests for border wall funding. He did this despite the fact that the defense appropriation seizure defunded a $62 million appropriation for building a new middle school at Fort Campbell. Earlier that same year, Senator McConnell crowed in a Courier Journal editorial that obtaining this funding was an example of how Kentucky benefitted from Senator McConnell’s clout in Washington. In April 2020, Senator McConnell announced that money for the school had been restored because of his request that Defense Secretary Mark Esper find funding somewhere. However, where the funds came from in the defense budget was not revealed.

Throughout the Trump administration’s disastrous handling of the coronavirus, McConnell has seldom voiced any criticism of the Trump administration’s missteps. He did, however, take great offense when President Obama criticized the Trump Administration’s COVID19 response: “I think it’s a little bit classless, frankly, to critique an administration that comes after you,” said McConnell during an interview with President Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump. “You had your shot; you were there for eight years. I think the tradition that the Bushess set up — of not critiquing the president who comes after you — is a good tradition.”

In recent months, however, Senator McConnell has very publicly endorsed the wearing of masks as a means of containing the spread of the coronavirus. Indeed, he has specifically targeted young people and declared that there should be no stigma attached to wearing a mask. McConnell has come to be identified as the top GOP cheerleader for the wearing of masks, not only sporting one himself in public appearances, but in bringing the message back to audiences in KY. Search the record as you may, however, McConnell only implicitly critiques the Trump administration’s contradictory messaging on wearing facial coverings. Senator McConnell’s messaging is too little, too late. It appears to simply be another device to get a little separation from the man who appears to be leading the GOP to a devastating electoral defeat.

With great power comes great responsibility. Senator McConnell celebrates his power, but he has shirked his responsibilities. It is time for a change. Let’s Vote Him Away on November 3rd. It did not happen but Georgia was not going too allow him to fail them any longer just like they did for the president. It is time the hardworking Americans show them the days of the Republican party is done.

QUOTE]Originally posted by sleepy head
We got a speaker of the house who put house rules up for vote that says members can't speak the words boy,daughter,son,husband, wife or any gender specific words, and shes worried about the sanity of the President. Hard to believe [/QUOTE]

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:00 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
We got a speaker of the house who put house rules up for vote that says members can't speak the words boy,daughter,son,husband, wife or any gender specific words, and shes worried about the sanity of the President. Hard to believe

MORE FREEDOM OF SPEECH SUPPRESSION...
Infringement on freedom to express without saying whoops and going to jail

Lets see how long old LYING COTTON MOUTH or NEVER BEST post behind this..
I THINK THEY BOTH like to see their names as last to say they got the final word .

They are on ignore list

It is great .Like caller ID.. You see who is calling . Just don't answer the call

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:08 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

You poor thing you must feel left out. As Trump would say in this situation
невежественная задница.

QUOTE]Originally posted by benderb4

I THINK THEY BOTH like to see their names as last to say they got the final word .

They are on ignore list

It is great .Like caller ID.. You see who is calling . Just don't answer the call
[/QUOTE]

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:11 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4

They are on ignore list

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:25 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:

They are on ignore list

Have you blocked wingperson?

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:28 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

WINGNUT !! yes long time ago

Old Post 01-10-2021 04:29 PM
BEST EVER
Banned

невежественная задница. LMAO!

quote:
WINGNUT !! yes long time ago

Old Post 01-10-2021 05:41 PM
BEST EVER
Banned

I’m praying that we are witnessing the demise of the Republican party. I’m also praying that the end of the Democratic party is close on its tail. Political parties are the primary reason why the promise of democracy has not been fulfilled. They have solidified the winner-take-all system we suffer through, where the only people who are ever truly satisfied are the politicians themselves. They are the reason we can’t get rid of corruption, divisive campaigning and lobbyists. They are the reason that no matter where you live, nearly half of your neighbors feel they’re not represented. They are the root of the polarization and hatred.

Political parties only seek electoral wins and sustained power. They form their platforms to pander to those who are passionate about specific issues, and to secure their votes, with no thought to an overarching philosophy – or even a real vision or end game to secure one. A person passionately against abortion is forced to vote for someone who believes the wealthy should pay no taxes and that industry can freely destroy the environment. A person passionate about expanding individual freedom and ensuring fairness in the justice system is forced to vote for someone who supports ideological censorship, cancel culture and universal “political correctness” - not acknowledging that something that may be inappropriate to say in a workplace meeting, or a Sunday school, can be just fine in a comedy club or an intellectual forum.
Is it right that conservatives in California have no real representation? Is it right that progressives in Indiana have no real representation? Both those unrepresented groups still pay taxes. Didn’t we fight a war over just such an issue?

Fantasize with me for a moment… imagine that in every congressional district, the representative or senator’s voting record matched up with the political demographic of his/her constituents, rather than simply voting with the party 99% of the time. Would you be more satisfied with a slow, steady march toward the will of the people, or with the current 4 to 8-year cycle of lurching between political extremes? Would you accept disagreeing with your representative a good portion of the time if his record showed that ALL his constituents were being proportionately represented? Would you vote for an unaffiliated candidate who promised to do just this if you currently live in a district where your political party is the majority?

Old Post 01-12-2021 10:04 AM