UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > "River Bend" Conversation Thread
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

"River Bend" Conversation Thread

OK im gonna try this again. I had one going and I never resurfaced it so it got deleted.

If anyone has any young dogs out of the River Bend stock of walkers or have hunted with one please post info about them on here and let us know how they are doing and if you like them or not. Thanks

Also if anyone has any pictures please feel free to post them.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Creek Bend Ann
(River Bend Switch x River Bend Annie)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-08-2008 07:00 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Williamson
UKC Forum Member

River Bend Flag

A guy by the name of Gary Dineen in Arkansas City, KS had a direct son. I think he had 4 wins toward Gr.Nt. before Gary had an accident and had give up hunting. There is a guy in Newkirk, OK and one in Nardin, OK that have pups off that dog and a pac-man breed female. The one in Newkirk is a pretty nice hound. I know he is a Nt.Ch. probably about 7 or 8 now. If interested I will get his number.

Old Post 08-08-2008 07:42 PM
Mike Williamson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Williamson Click here to Send Mike Williamson a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Williamson Find more posts by Mike Williamson Add Mike Williamson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COONDOG
UKC Forum Member

I know where there is a litter of pups that is about as heavy riverbend bred then any anywhere. They are ss and perf. The father is Gr.Nt. and a COONDOG all the way. His name is Richard Marshall. Give him a call. 905-309-5153. The father of these pups show a lot of riverbend and finley river, in fact his name is Flag. lol.

Nt.Ch.ChKizmo's Tru-Blu Grit (MIA)
rudedogs99@hotmail.com
www.angelfire.com/oh5/trublu/trublu.html
http://www.acorn-creek.com/signatures/Grit.jpg

Old Post 08-08-2008 08:11 PM
COONDOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COONDOG Click here to Send COONDOG a Private Message Click Here to Email COONDOG Visit COONDOG's homepage! Find more posts by COONDOG Add COONDOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

i HAVE A HEAVY FLAG BRED GYP

BRED RIGHT NOW TO AN OUTSTANDING MALE OFF RAT ATTACK...IN FACT DOESNT THE SACKETT JR STUFF GO BACK TO FLAG THRU CHAMP?? MY GYP IS GETTIN BIGGER BY THE DAY SHE IS DUE IN LATE AUGUST....

Old Post 08-08-2008 11:17 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

Anyone ever hunt with any of Steve Gibbies hound's and any of Jim Yoder's hound's. They were heavy flag breeding and were coon hounds from hell. Man I killed alot of coon with some of those hound's. They are few and far between now, but I think I have Steve talked into useing some of the "Lead" seamen. Jim Yoder had a son to "Lead", Flag, that was a coon treeing machine. Im also trying to talk Jim into letting go of some of the "Flag" seamen. You could breed those two hound's to a hog and get hog's that run and tree coon. Lead produced many,Scout,Ranger, Warrior,Clutch,Flag,Torch,Diesal and I know I'm forgettin many more. Jim Yoder has a bus load of hound's down there for sale that go back to his"Flag" that are super nice pups. That hound was such a tree hound, that more than once, we would roll a coon out to him and he would keep on treeing when the coon hit the ground, had to pull him off the tree and show him the coon. Naturally straight, coon treeing fools.

Old Post 08-09-2008 12:05 AM
cclutch99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cclutch99 Click here to Send cclutch99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cclutch99 Find more posts by cclutch99 Add cclutch99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Yeah Jim has some nice hounds. I hunted with him over July 4th and he was hunting a dog outta Flag and she was nice.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Creek Bend Ann

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 08-09-2008 02:23 AM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaytonWP
UKC Forum Member

flat rock sheena was out of flag

If coonhuntins wrong....I dont want to be right

Old Post 08-09-2008 05:24 AM
PaytonWP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PaytonWP Click here to Send PaytonWP a Private Message Click Here to Email PaytonWP Find more posts by PaytonWP Add PaytonWP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

nvnvnb

Old Post 08-09-2008 09:33 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

Those pup's outta pulpwood,lead and flag, could make a non coonhunter look like a pro. When you cut those hounds and their pups, you better have you iron ready to kill a coon. They were'nt for the weak hearted, because they got to themself's, be it 100 yards in or 2 miles in. NEVER had to walk behind them, trying to get them to go hunting, and coming back, might as will forget it. I sure do miss those hounds, NO I dont, I was younger then, and could take the beating better that they put on me.

Old Post 08-09-2008 11:19 PM
cclutch99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cclutch99 Click here to Send cclutch99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cclutch99 Find more posts by cclutch99 Add cclutch99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike kammer
UKC Forum Member

there are alot of good flag dogs the pups off of river bend thunder are some nice coondogs

Old Post 08-12-2008 05:13 PM
mike kammer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike kammer Click here to Send mike kammer a Private Message Click Here to Email mike kammer Find more posts by mike kammer Add mike kammer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STAGGCREEKFARM
UKC Forum Member

I'VE READ YOUR RIVERBEND THREADS BEFORE AND WAS WONDERING WHY YALL NEVER TALK ABOUT GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH COON WAXER. HE'S LOCATED IN YOUR STATE, IS HEAVIER FLAG BRED THAN MOST OF THE DOGS DISCUSSED ON HERE, HAS WON WAY MORE THAN MOST OF THE DOGS YOUR TALKING ABOUT, AND NOT TO MENTION IS REPRODUCING WINNERS. NOT TRYING TO START NOTHING, BUT WAS JUST WONDERING WHY YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT HIM OR CONSIDERED BREEDING TO HIM??

Old Post 08-12-2008 08:40 PM
STAGGCREEKFARM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STAGGCREEKFARM Click here to Send STAGGCREEKFARM a Private Message Click Here to Email STAGGCREEKFARM Find more posts by STAGGCREEKFARM Add STAGGCREEKFARM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike kammer
UKC Forum Member

we will be breeding GR.CH GR.NT pkc ch. river bend sweetie soon to him.

Old Post 08-12-2008 10:07 PM
mike kammer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike kammer Click here to Send mike kammer a Private Message Click Here to Email mike kammer Find more posts by mike kammer Add mike kammer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dhyer
UKC Forum Member

I have a pup that is 10 mo old that some one needs to buy. He is my sons, and my son is in college so this pup is sitting. His mother is directly out of Wolf lake flag, she is a coon treeing machine, her mother is also flag bred. She was bred to river bend thunder, and that's where this pup came from. he is SS and Perf and ready to go. 440-724-2765

Old Post 08-13-2008 05:11 PM
Dhyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dhyer Click here to Send Dhyer a Private Message Click Here to Email Dhyer Find more posts by Dhyer Add Dhyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Boys this is a "Fact" in my opinion; not only did the River Bend bloodline take a great loss but the whole walker breed took a loss when River Bend Thunder passed on. Listen to what I say and look for some winners out of Thunder in the near future. JMO If anyone has hunted with anything outta RB Thunder please let us know what you think of them (good and bad).

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Creek Bend Ann

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 08-13-2008 07:18 PM
jeff butler
UKC Forum Member

THE COON POPULATION HAS SUFFERED BECAUSE OF RIVER BEND THUNDER PUPS. MY LAST LITTER OF PUPS JUST TURNED ONE YEAR OLD. I FEEL FOR THE COONS.

Old Post 08-13-2008 11:43 PM
jeff butler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff butler Click here to Send jeff butler a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff butler Find more posts by jeff butler Add jeff butler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck barham
UKC Forum Member

Waxer was a coon treeing machine and you could just plus his tree on the way to him , he was going to have his coon , that's not important to some people just look at the pup's on the way in your pkc book. People are breeding to name's in a book not Coon dog's.

Old Post 08-14-2008 09:43 PM
chuck barham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck barham Click here to Send chuck barham a Private Message Click Here to Email chuck barham Find more posts by chuck barham Add chuck barham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

I would like to know more about "coon Waxer". I only mentioned "Pulpwood","Lead", and"Flag" aand their pups, because they kinda spoiled me. For the last 15 years I never hunted anything but pup's outta those three hounds, so I kinda fell outta contact with what's what and who's who, as far as different bloodline's. If the "Waxer" hound throws pup's like his older relatives, I'd buy a few pup's. These are COONHOOUND'S bar-none.

Old Post 08-16-2008 02:54 AM
STAGGCREEKFARM
UKC Forum Member

WAXER IS OUT OF PULPWOODS IMAGE AND RIVERBEND ABBY. SHOWS FLAG TOP AND BOTTOM IN HIS 3 GENERATION PEDIGREE UNLIKE SOME THAT JUST SHOW FLAG ON ONE SIDE. I HUNTED HIM FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND PUT THE 5 NITE CH WINS FINISHING HIM TO GR NITE AND FINISHED HIM OUT TO GOLD CHAMPION. CAN DRIVE A TRACK WITH HIS HEAD IN AIR AND TREE LAY-UPS. WHEN YOU TURNED HIM LOOSE YOU GOT HIM OFF A TREE "SOMEWHERE" WITH A COON, BUT YOU COULD HOLLER HIS NAME 4 OR 5 TIMES AND HE WOULD COME ON THE RUN. HE HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY, LOVES ATTENTION, AND WAS HOUSEBROKE. HE IS LOCATED AT BOB PRIDGEN IN NASHVILLE, NC --252-459-6527

Old Post 08-16-2008 06:07 PM
STAGGCREEKFARM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STAGGCREEKFARM Click here to Send STAGGCREEKFARM a Private Message Click Here to Email STAGGCREEKFARM Find more posts by STAGGCREEKFARM Add STAGGCREEKFARM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SwampBuster
UKC Forum Member

Flag dogs

Hey Clutch, You sound like me on here talking to one of my buddies. No one misses those Pulpwood sons more than I do. Here is a list of a few that I raised or trained.

Gr.Nt. Ch. Baumbach's Hot Sockit.
Gr.Nt. Ch. Stevens Split Spud
Nt. Ch Black Swamp Hawk
Gr. Nt. Ch. Baumbach's Thunder
Nt. Ch. Swamplands Sidemeat
Nt. Ch. Black Swamp Bomber
Nt. Ch.Baumbach's Radar
Nt. Ch. Gibbies Scout (Lead)

These dogs helped pay my way through college. I would love to have anyone of them back. There were several more that I sold that did alot of winning, but I cannot remember their names. Mand I had alot of fun hunting those dogs.

Old Post 08-17-2008 05:32 PM
SwampBuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SwampBuster Click here to Send SwampBuster a Private Message Find more posts by SwampBuster Add SwampBuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcj1973
UKC Forum Member

GOT MINE BOOKED

quote:
Originally posted by mike kammer
we will be breeding GR.CH GR.NT pkc ch. river bend sweetie soon to him.

Got mine booked. Mike it was great talking to you and you will have my deposit by Thurs or Fri. I will call you to verify that you got it. Thanks

Chris

Shonuff Kennels NTCH Hardcore Holly

"PAIN IS ONLY WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY, SO TAKE THE GOOD ONE'S WITH THE BAD ONE'S, EVEN WHEN IT HURTS THE MOST"

SHONUFF KENNELS
Email: shonuffkennels04@yahoo.com
CHRIS BROWN

Old Post 08-17-2008 07:42 PM
bcj1973 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcj1973 Click here to Send bcj1973 a Private Message Click Here to Email bcj1973 Find more posts by bcj1973 Add bcj1973 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

bcj1973 I believe the Waxer x Sweetie cross will be really nice. Both parents are coondogs and there will be more flag blood in them than you could shake a stick at. lol I wouldnt mind having one myself and I believe they will make nice hounds. Anyone else got any RB dogs theyd like to talk about???

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Creek Bend Ann

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 08-17-2008 08:23 PM
bcj1973
UKC Forum Member

Droopy,
I have personally hunted with Sweetie (Coon Dog). I don't know anything about Waxer but I do know Bob Pridgen. I spoke with you before. I am from Marion NC. I am stationed overseas and will return next year. I am currently in Iraq and can't wait to get back. I personally think that this will be a good cross as well. Take it easy.

Shonuff Kennels NTCH Hardcore Holly

"PAIN IS ONLY WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY, SO TAKE THE GOOD ONE'S WITH THE BAD ONE'S, EVEN WHEN IT HURTS THE MOST"

SHONUFF KENNELS
Email: shonuffkennels04@yahoo.com
CHRIS BROWN

Old Post 08-17-2008 08:29 PM
bcj1973 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcj1973 Click here to Send bcj1973 a Private Message Click Here to Email bcj1973 Find more posts by bcj1973 Add bcj1973 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Yea ive hunted with sweetie too and waxer has won enough to prove himself a coondog. I hope everything goes well and you r back on american soil soon. Take care

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
Creek Bend Ann

Frozen Semen
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag

Facebook Page

Old Post 08-17-2008 08:43 PM
Jason Miller
UKC Forum Member

Here is my pup out of Waxer. River Bend Levi is four generations back on the bottom side.

I hunted with Waxer a couple of times. He was a go getter.

Jason Miller
Late Night Kennels

Old Post 08-18-2008 01:29 AM
Jason Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Miller Click here to Send Jason Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Miller Add Jason Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cclutch99
UKC Forum Member

Swampbuster. I never hunted with any of those hounds except Scout, but heard many stories about them, and I'll bet you a dollar I miss this blood more than you.lol I've got a young hound here that Im hunting now that is a good hound, but every now and then he comes back and just stands there, he's not flag bred, like he got broke off something and it spooks him. The pulpwood and lead and flag hounds never came back, even if something spooked them. It was like they hated your guts and they wanted to get as far away from you as possable. Where can I get some of this old blood?

Old Post 08-18-2008 01:43 PM