UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Squirrel Dog Central
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Squirrel Dog Central

Does anyone know what's up with the Squirrel Dog Central web site? Every time I try to access the site, a warning comes up saying a malious download is attempting to enter my computer and some type of download attemts to download my computer. At that point, I turn off my computer and unplug my internet connection to stop any download. Apparently, some type of download was attempted because when I have Registry Mechanic run a scan, there is a highly rated malious file that comes up which I have removed from my computer.

I really like the squirrel dog site but I am afraid to connect to the site. Thank God I have great Anti-Virus software.

Anyone know what is going on?

I hope it doesn't spread to the UKC site. It has been running extremely slow but I have read a tonado hit Kalamazoo and is the cause.

LAKELAND KENNELS
PKC Sq Ch Lakeland's Mini Mouse
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate
GrCh HBCh Lakeland's Cricket II

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-19-2010 12:02 AM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keystone kid
UKC Forum Member

I've been on there three times today and haven't had any trouble. The trouble must be on your end.

Old Post 07-19-2010 12:50 AM
keystone kid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keystone kid Click here to Send keystone kid a Private Message Click Here to Email keystone kid Visit keystone kid's homepage! Find more posts by keystone kid Add keystone kid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

I tried again this morning and had the same problem. Apparently there is a thread on the board where others have had the same problem but I can't access the thread or log in because of the download that tries to take over my computer. I paid to be a member, I expect good service without malious software.

Does anyone have Lonetree's e-mail address or phone number?

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 07-19-2010 10:40 AM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

THERE'S A VIRUS ON SQUIRREL DOG CENTRAL.

Old Post 07-19-2010 10:09 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keystone kid
UKC Forum Member

SDC Contact Information
Website/Forum Administrator
Jim LaPratt
4161 Maxwell Rd.
Gagetown, Michigan 48735
1-989-550-0888
Email
Forum Administrator
Royce Ewalt
Clinton, Iowa 52732
1-563-249-0466 or 1-563-242-3147
Email
Forum Moderators
Mike English
7500 Meridian Rd.
Bannister, Michigan 48807
1-989-862-5191
Email
Michael Croucher
5022 Ga Hwy 37 West
Moultrie, Georgia 31768
1-229-873-1602
Email

Postal Address
Squirrel Dog Central
4161 Maxwell Rd.
Gagetown, Michigan 48735

Old Post 07-20-2010 01:04 AM
keystone kid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keystone kid Click here to Send keystone kid a Private Message Click Here to Email keystone kid Visit keystone kid's homepage! Find more posts by keystone kid Add keystone kid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Keystone, thank you for your help.

Apparently, there is a malware program that tries to download on your computer. If you visited the site lately, you may need to have your computer scaned for malware. You can download free software at www.malwarebytes.gov

Apparently, the malware goes for your financial records like bank accounts and credit card numbers. Be careful!

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 07-20-2010 01:31 AM
huntsmenbob
UKC Forum Member

Lonetree is aware of the problem. I am sure he will be able to get rid of the threat soon. It is a great site. Sure some antis probably had something to do with it.

Old Post 07-20-2010 02:04 AM
huntsmenbob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntsmenbob Click here to Send huntsmenbob a Private Message Click Here to Email huntsmenbob Find more posts by huntsmenbob Add huntsmenbob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

I sure don't want to scare anyone from the site, it is one of my favorites. I think I am member # 15, so I have been there for a while. I usually check that board before I check this one. I hope it gets fixed. I hope UKC's staff keeps an eye out for malware. Everyone needs very good anti-virus software.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 07-20-2010 10:36 AM
hatfield
UKC Forum Member

SDC

Have they fixed the problem with the malware?Got on there two days ago and had to remove it from my computer.Just wondering.

Old Post 07-24-2010 03:14 AM
hatfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hatfield Click here to Send hatfield a Private Message Click Here to Email hatfield Find more posts by hatfield Add hatfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

To the best of my knowledge, the site is good to go. It certainly is one of the best sites on the Internet but I am a hard core squirrel dog guy.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 07-24-2010 01:26 PM
2Mules
UKC Forum Member

I whent on it last week and it put a virus on my work computer, Boss was not happy, Took him 4 hours to fix it LOL LOL

Fredericksburg Va

Old Post 07-25-2010 01:12 PM
2Mules is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2Mules Click here to Send 2Mules a Private Message Click Here to Email 2Mules Find more posts by 2Mules Add 2Mules to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

i just got computer back today. i had to have it disinfected two times. i don't know where i got the virus but i had been on sdc both times. it's almost always the first place i go when i get on the internet.

Old Post 07-26-2010 10:40 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyhunter53
UKC Forum Member

I was on there last night,no trouble good site to be on.

Old Post 08-03-2010 04:37 AM
kyhunter53 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter53 Click here to Send kyhunter53 a Private Message Visit kyhunter53's homepage! Find more posts by kyhunter53 Add kyhunter53 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legend
UKC Forum Member

I was there today and my hole board has changed i now get the IP board. legend

Old Post 08-03-2010 10:34 PM
legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legend Click here to Send legend a Private Message Find more posts by legend Add legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntsmenbob
UKC Forum Member

They got it straightened out. Looks different cause they updated it. No virus threat now. They don't have the on-line pedigree up yet.

Old Post 08-04-2010 02:38 AM
huntsmenbob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntsmenbob Click here to Send huntsmenbob a Private Message Click Here to Email huntsmenbob Find more posts by huntsmenbob Add huntsmenbob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote