UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Looking for a good accurate pleasure dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Johnhendo13
UKC Forum Member

Looking for a good accurate pleasure dog

I’m still looking for a finished coon dog. I’ve hunted several dogs lately and I’m starting to think what I’m looking for doesn’t exist anymore. I’m not a competition hunter so I’m not interested in what a dog will do in a PKC or UKC hunt. I’m looking for a dog that will hunt by itself or with company and consistently have a coon. You know, one of those good old fashioned hounds that you feel confident enough to load your gun before you start walking to them. I know a dog can’t be 100% accurate but these high dollar junkers I’ve been hunting lately might have 5 coons out of 10 trees and that’s absolutely a no go for me, I refuse to walk to trash like that. If anyone has a good honest dog in or around Kentucky and wouldn’t mind showing a guy with some good honest money I would surely appreciate it. I can’t give rich mans price for a dog but I’m very capable of spending good money on a good dog. I would just assume to keep the price between me and the seller. I will entertain any ideas or suggestions. I don’t care what color the dog is as long as I don’t have to walk my butt off to slick trees or possums. If you’re a gun guy I might try to throw a gun or Ten your way if that floats your goat. If you have a dog that needs to be hunted with other dogs or a dog that usually takes a mile to find a coon then you don’t have the dog for me. Like I said maybe dogs like I grew up with don’t exist anymore but I’m willing to keep looking until I trip over one or I can start a pup that suits me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2018 06:02 AM
Johnhendo13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Johnhendo13 Click here to Send Johnhendo13 a Private Message Click Here to Email Johnhendo13 Find more posts by Johnhendo13 Add Johnhendo13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve fuhs
UKC Forum Member

I've got a 5 yr old walker that I used to get a pup started. He's about 75 - 80% accurate. Not ill good tree dog. $800
812-630-7894

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2018 12:03 PM
steve fuhs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve fuhs Click here to Send steve fuhs a Private Message Click Here to Email steve fuhs Find more posts by steve fuhs Add steve fuhs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote