UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Monkey Face Bluetick History
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue Style

Robs Crazy

lets see if I can remember this right....Robs Crazy was monkey faced, produced windy, monkey faced, windy produced cc, monkey faced, cc produced raggs, monkey faced, raggs produced rocket, monkey faced....dont know about any pups out of rocket yet monkey faced, still babies...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-31-2006 07:35 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT EVER IS IN BULLET

quote:
Originally posted by John Vaught
Rebel II. is not monkey face he has a more of a red head like Northern Blue Sadie a lot of difference in Rebel II"s. face and these hounds like bullet and some of the others posted on here
no kidding, I prolly have look at, patted his head, and hunted with him a couple hundred times, I know what Buddy's head looks like.

Last edited by RRbluehound on 03-31-2006 at 08:37 PM

Old Post 03-31-2006 08:34 PM
RRbluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRbluehound Click here to Send RRbluehound a Private Message Find more posts by RRbluehound Add RRbluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardup Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Can someone post a picture of a red headed bluetick? I dont think I have ever seen one.

PR' Dodge 'Em's Fame & Fortune

Old Post 03-31-2006 09:44 PM
Hardup Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardup Kennels Click here to Send Hardup Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Hardup Kennels Find more posts by Hardup Kennels Add Hardup Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony foley
UKC Forum Member

nt ch langans blue suzie

suzie had a solid read head, she had a nt ch littermate owned by Marvin Roberts named Glory that was solid readheaded as well.
Thes females showed Smokey River Rambler and Gr Nt Ch Evans Blue Kojack in there 3 rd generation. Suzie was a top hound that excelled as a reproducer ! Suzie was 12 yr old in this pic.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:01 PM
tony foley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony foley Click here to Send tony foley a Private Message Find more posts by tony foley Add tony foley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony foley
UKC Forum Member

3 way nt ch foleys big river jack

Jack was out of Suzie, and 3 way dual grand DIggers blue Cheater. He had pretty much a solid red head also. He was a real coondog.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:09 PM
tony foley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony foley Click here to Send tony foley a Private Message Find more posts by tony foley Add tony foley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no show
Banned

Tony

that son of a gun looks like a tri-colored english..............I like'em diff. myself though.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:11 PM
no show is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no show Click here to Send no show a Private Message Find more posts by no show Add no show to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

that is the type of head my dog off of rebel II had with the black stripe

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:19 PM
RRbluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRbluehound Click here to Send RRbluehound a Private Message Find more posts by RRbluehound Add RRbluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

Tony, would you say that the red head and monkey face go hand in hand? or that the head red is just an extreme case of monkey face ?

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:21 PM
highview
UKC Forum Member

Does any one know if there is any relation to the monkey face and ability. What im saying is.....have you seen any monkey faced pups that didnt turn out. I have owned two monkey faced hounds out of bullet and they were both very good. Maybe the same gene that throws the monkey face also throws the performer in the litter. Just throwing it out there for debate.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:27 PM
highview is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highview Click here to Send highview a Private Message Click Here to Email highview Find more posts by highview Add highview to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no show
Banned

highview

I have seen a couple that could tree a coon but I would just call them avg. hounds.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:30 PM
no show is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no show Click here to Send no show a Private Message Find more posts by no show Add no show to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony foley
UKC Forum Member

I am sure there are some monkey face pups that did not turn out, Suzie showed old Rambler and Kojac up close, I am not sure and someone please correct me if i am wrong but Kojac was littermate to the old Ranger dog , it has been awhile since i seen their pedigree. Suzie produced several red heads by many different studs. I definetly believe this is a gene(monkey face) that comes through our foundation dogs. I personally like it although i know many dont, it shows a strong transmission of our foundation dogs.Both Suzie and Jack had Huge bawl mouths, and great big bawl mouth treedogs.

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:36 PM
highview
UKC Forum Member

Ok let me ask it this way. If you have a litter of pups and one of eight is monkeyfaced, do you think the monkey faced pup has a better chance of turning out because it carries that dominant gene of Bullet. (Looks more like him, hunts more like him)

Old Post 03-31-2006 10:57 PM
highview is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highview Click here to Send highview a Private Message Click Here to Email highview Find more posts by highview Add highview to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CountryMile
UKC Forum Member

Tony

What hounds would Suzie and Jack have in common with what I have here? These hounds being bred pretty tight on Spanky and old Hammer blood, specifically Hammer II,III and V. I have a few that look like littermates to Suzie and Jack. Dave

Old Post 03-31-2006 11:58 PM
CountryMile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CountryMile Click here to Send CountryMile a Private Message Click Here to Email CountryMile Find more posts by CountryMile Add CountryMile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Voyd Cannon
Banned

I didn't know red was one of the color choices on blueticks. How can you register a red headed bluetick, or should I ask, can you regester them?

Old Post 04-01-2006 01:53 AM
Voyd Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Voyd Cannon Click here to Send Voyd Cannon a Private Message Click Here to Email Voyd Cannon Find more posts by Voyd Cannon Add Voyd Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKIN' GUNS
UKC Forum Member

TONY, SUZIE'S PEDIGREE

__________BEAN'S RANGER
______EVAN'S BLUE KOJACK
__________UCHTMAN'S BLUE FLY
___CAMP CREEK BLUE RIG ROD
__________POWELL'S IL. SHORTY
______CAMP CREEK BLUE MINNIE
__________CAMP CREEK BLUE ELLE
LANGEN'S BLUE SUZIE
__________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE RAMBLER
______POWELL'S IL. SAM
__________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE SELDOM
___CAMP CREEK BLUE BREEZY
__________IL. RIVER BLUE PORTER
______CAMP CREEK BLUE BREEZE
__________IL. RIVER SAGE

Old Post 04-01-2006 02:05 AM
SMOKIN' GUNS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKIN' GUNS Click here to Send SMOKIN' GUNS a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKIN' GUNS Visit SMOKIN' GUNS's homepage! Find more posts by SMOKIN' GUNS Add SMOKIN' GUNS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony foley
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Shane, suzies pedigree is correct. I do remember that most all the dogs in her bottom go back to smokey river also. I think it was either shorty, or porter was a grandson to diamond jim.

Dave they would be related through Rambler, which was vaughn bred.

Voyd not only do they register them red headed dogs, they give them nite champion degrees.

Last edited by tony foley on 04-01-2006 at 03:26 AM

Old Post 04-01-2006 03:13 AM
warn
UKC Forum Member

tony, dave, forgive me for saying but id have to say there is an english dog in the wood pile somewhere lmao

later warn

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 04-01-2006 03:31 AM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Voyd Cannon
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by tony foley
Thanks Shane, suzies pedigree is correct. I do remember that most all the dogs in her bottom go back to smokey river also. I think it was either shorty, or porter was a grandson to diamond jim.

Dave they would be related through Rambler, which was vaughn bred.

Voyd not only do they register them red headed dogs, they give them nite champion degrees.

Toney, i've had a couple red headed pups but I didn't register them, I did buy one that was the loudest treedog that I have heard, oh he made NT CH to, they gave him the degree in three hunts.

Monkey faced blues have been around every since there has been a registery but red headed blues are english, that's part of the split when the blues were seperated from english.

Old Post 04-01-2006 03:45 AM
Voyd Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Voyd Cannon Click here to Send Voyd Cannon a Private Message Click Here to Email Voyd Cannon Find more posts by Voyd Cannon Add Voyd Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
texhog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by warn
tony, dave, forgive me for saying but id have to say there is an english dog in the wood pile somewhere lmao

later warn

LOL, All Blueticks have an English in the woodpile some where. Thats where the breed came from. I am pretty sure all breeds except for Plotts, can be traced back to English hounds.

Old Post 04-01-2006 11:26 AM
texhog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for texhog Click here to Send texhog a Private Message Find more posts by texhog Add texhog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STAR
UKC Forum Member

Red-Blues

I am surprized at this post as I read through it because I asked about red headed , red ticked , Blue dogs showing up still today in different crosses ( mostly Smokey River types ) and most everyone that replied said that it was a thing of the past and seldom will you ever see them , but now after reading this posting seems like it is not so uncommon , and my question a month ago was what do you guys do with these Red ones ?????? I fully understand how they surface still as I remember reading where old Warren H. bred them if they could tree , red or blue was not something he worried about . That was many moons ago .

Old Post 04-01-2006 12:13 PM
STAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STAR Click here to Send STAR a Private Message Find more posts by STAR Add STAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony foley
UKC Forum Member

I have not seen any redheads in several yrs., Suzie carried some real old blood for her time, she did live until i believe 13, BTW, warren said that is a dominate trait from old Rambler (long life span). Suzie has been gone for a few yrs now and most all of her pups are gone or about gone as well. My old Gr Nt Ch Foleys Smokey River Blue Annie was out of her and Chief, she had a black head, there was 3 crosses made with chief and only 1 redhead pup showed up, that is the Banker dog in N.C. i believe. It does seems like just after a generation or 2 they stop showing up, it is like something clicked in that cross of suzies and glorys to make it dominate, just as the cross with chief and fly showing a dominate monkey face.

Old Post 04-01-2006 02:24 PM
Blue Style

just

figured I would toss in here that Diamond Jims grandsire was monkey faced, annabelle lees sire, ole Buzz Andersons Soldier....

Old Post 04-02-2006 07:03 PM
rajunrebelblues
UKC Forum Member

hey

Blue style i have a monkey faced pup off of rocket x holly when we got her she wasnt but in less than a month shes total monkey faced

CH NITE CH'PR'Rajun Rebel Ten Ml. Blue Bullet
GRCH NITE CH'PR'Wolfenbargers Bl. Brat
CH'PR'Macs Rajun Rebel Blue Jazz

Old Post 04-02-2006 08:00 PM
rajunrebelblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajunrebelblues Click here to Send rajunrebelblues a Private Message Find more posts by rajunrebelblues Add rajunrebelblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Style

well

they generally dont start gettin really monkey faced til around 6 months old....although rocket has monkey face on top and bottom, pretty strong.....theres 6 straight generations of monkey faced dogs, at least, startin with robs crazy.....who goes back on some more monkey faced dogs....I wanted to get one out of that litter, but unfortunately, money and time dont make themsleves available at the same time...

Old Post 04-02-2006 11:41 PM
Blue Style

TOny

do the red head on those dogs develop like the monkey face, or are they born that way....

Old Post 04-02-2006 11:42 PM