UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > cabin hunt in mountains of VA
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jguilliams
UKC Forum Member

If you bring steak and shrimp we will teach you anything you want to know!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2013 08:25 PM
jguilliams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jguilliams Click here to Send jguilliams a Private Message Click Here to Email jguilliams Find more posts by jguilliams Add jguilliams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

10-4... It's a deal....its frustrateing being in the woods ..its 2 a.m. your dog is doing strange things...and not knowing if what your about to do,,could be a positive,or a negative for the dog....

Old Post 02-27-2013 10:09 PM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bbbuckbuster
Oh boy it wont be long now. We will be sitting by the fire eating steak and shrimp with some apple pie for dessert, waiting on it to get dark. If we run out of steak we can always go across the mountain and get a buffalo or two. So just how many redbones will be there???? I am bringing 3. Two for me and one for Andy. How many Moose, Haze, and Spook pups will be there? My goodness talk about a family portrait.

i will have Richard's little red headed step child with me

Nite Champion Hunters Sheba (Haze/Sally)

Old Post 02-27-2013 11:14 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

I will have Moose Jr.; Autumn; and Summer. Two Moose pups and a Spook pup. I can think of 4 Haze pups; 5 or 6 Moose pups; and 1 Spook pup.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Bunch's Maroon Effect Autumn HTX
NITECH CH 'PR' Maroon Effect Beamer

Old Post 02-28-2013 01:23 AM
bbbuckbuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbbuckbuster Click here to Send bbbuckbuster a Private Message Find more posts by bbbuckbuster Add bbbuckbuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I will have a Moose pup/offspring. Can I bring my Deuce pup also? Ken, don't worry. If you have enough steak and shrimp, this crew will answer all of your questions. If they don't know the answer, then they will make one up. You also might get several different answers to the same question. My dogs once treed on a big oak tree and the coon was 20 feet away in a pine. I figured that was close enough(I had walked almost 900 yds to them) so I shot at him. When I did, he ran out a limb and took a flying leap back into the oak tree.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-28-2013 at 03:52 PM

Old Post 02-28-2013 03:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

Richard I guess you can bring your Deuce pup. With all this dog power running loose, the coon population may go way down around the cabin. Make sure you bring plenty of .22 bullets because i think VA is all sold out.

Old Post 02-28-2013 04:34 PM
bbbuckbuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbbuckbuster Click here to Send bbbuckbuster a Private Message Find more posts by bbbuckbuster Add bbbuckbuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

richard...

I just was worried that he may have gotten rewarded for not doing it the right way...first time I've ever seen this..bounceing of two trees 20 feet apart..favoring the empty tree..from what I could tell...I don't think this coon could have climbed over...???

Old Post 02-28-2013 04:40 PM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

No use to worry about 22 shells The Natural can climb and shake them out

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-28-2013 04:50 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let me see if I have this right....
Gr Nt Haze(RabbleXPigeon)
Gr Nt Moose(RabbleXSally)
Nt Ch Willow(RabbleXSally)
Nt Ch Chick(HazeXSally)
Nt Ch Sheba(HazeXSally)
Nt Ch Frog(HazeXApril)
Nt Ch Badger(MooseXLienie)
'PR' Wendy(HazeXWillow)
'PR' Wilbur(HazeXWillow)
'PR' Moose Jr(MooseXFrog)
'PR' Bear(DeuceXSally)
'PR' Annie(MooseXPenny)
'PR' Summer(MooseX ?? )
will all be at the cabin hunt???? Who else will be there?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-28-2013 at 05:00 PM

Old Post 02-28-2013 04:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Summer and autumn

And bond will get tired of carry the ladder if he thinks I'm climbing any trees

Old Post 02-28-2013 04:57 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dlinkous
And bond will get tired of carry the ladder

Last year Bond just brought a chain saw so no one would have to do any climbing.

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:01 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

The big hunt

Richard I wish Deuce and I could be there. I know yall will have a great time. I hope you all think about Deuce sitting her on a chain and me bowed up working all night long.
I am hoping Buck will pull Mantis out of hidding for this one.
I would love to hear Bear and Mantis in a treen contest down in one of those vallies. That would be music to a mans ears.
Yall have fun and let us working guy's know how it goes.

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:12 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

Gr Nt Haze(RabbleXPigeon)
Gr Nt Moose(RabbleXSally)
Nt Ch Willow(RabbleXSally)
Nt Ch Chick(HazeXSally)
Nt Ch Sheba(HazeXSally)
Nt Ch Frog(HazeXApril)
Nt Ch Badger(MooseXLienie)
Nt Ch Autumn(SpookXLil Dixie)
'PR' Wendy(HazeXWillow)
'PR' Wilbur(HazeXWillow)
'PR' Mr Wilson(HazeXWillow)
'PR' Moose Jr(MooseXFrog)
'PR' Hazel (MooseXFrog)
'PR' Addie (MooseXFrog)
'PR' Bear(DeuceXSally)
'PR' Annie(MooseXPenny)
'PR' Summer(MooseX Jenny)

What about this list???? Does that look right??? 17 hounds wow that is impressive. 8 of them have hunting titles. I am sure there maybe some more to add to this list. This family of hounds is going to have the mountains rockin.

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:18 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bbbuckbuster

Nt Ch Autumn(SpookXLil Dixie)

Oh my goodness, talk about a red headed step child ????

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:24 PM
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

Haha well i don't think that little redheaded step child has done too bad. She has had 2 cast wins as a Ntch, is a GrCh, an HTX pass, points in the water race, and field trial at only 23 months old.

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:33 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Re: The big hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Don Barnett Sr
Richard I wish Deuce and I could be there. I know yall will have a great time. I hope you all think about Deuce sitting her on a chain and me bowed up working all night long.
I am hoping Buck will pull Mantis out of hidding for this one.
I would love to hear Bear and Mantis in a treen contest down in one of those vallies. That would be music to a mans ears.
Yall have fun and let us working guy's know how it goes.

Don...you are welcome at the cabin anytime you can manage to get off when we have one

i got wind that a grandpup of Ready Freddy may come and go for a drop or two one night

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: The big hunt

quote:
Originally posted by dlinkous
I got wind that a grandpup of Ready Freddy may come and go for a drop or two one night

Wasn't Freddy a half brother of Long Tall Sally? I guess that would make the grandpup a long lost cousin of some sort. Buck/Pastor Mike, do y'all remember when Rex and I brought Freddy and Mongo up and hunted with Shadow and Lexus one night? I guess that was the first Virginia Fellowship hunt. It seems like such a long time ago.

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:58 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 02-28-2013 at 08:12 PM

Old Post 02-28-2013 07:57 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

ole Lex

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 02-28-2013 at 08:27 PM

Old Post 02-28-2013 08:06 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Debbie Dorrance
UKC Forum Member

Beautiful Hounds..

quote:
Originally posted by Pastor Mike

ole Lex

They are some fine lookin Redbones, I don't know about the Men standin Behind them..lol

Old Post 03-01-2013 01:40 AM
Debbie Dorrance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Debbie Dorrance Click here to Send Debbie Dorrance a Private Message Click Here to Email Debbie Dorrance Find more posts by Debbie Dorrance Add Debbie Dorrance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Re: Beautiful Hounds..

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie Dorrance
They are some fine lookin Redbones, I don't know about the Men standin Behind them..lol

Pure outlaws behind them dogs thats for sure

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 03-01-2013 01:27 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Look how young those dogs look. They are all gone now. We only have the pictures and memories of them now. I hope that we can make some more great memories next weekend.

Old Post 03-01-2013 03:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

BB, when are you coming? You have a PM. Pastor Mike, you have one also.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-03-2013 at 05:36 PM

Old Post 03-03-2013 04:54 PM
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

I am coming up friday afternoon. I have to work friday. With all the budget cuts coming up I better work all the hours I can before they start to cut my hours.

Old Post 03-04-2013 12:24 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

I hope everyone brings their snowshoes.......looks like we are in for a whopper of a storm tomorrow night and wednesday.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 03-04-2013 03:05 PM