UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > What the he!! is going on...
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

If your scared get a hazmat suit and a respirator.im not so people need to let me make a living and pay my bills.if I die from COVID my fault no one else’s.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2021 10:12 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

Covid

We burried my aunt yesterday boys. Covid. It's real. One church in our county lost 5 people in one week. Spread at a church social. It's real. And does it matter how old the people are? My aunt was 75 but definitely not ready to die! Is it being used politically yes. But make no mistake it's real.

Old Post 01-27-2021 10:21 PM
Dan&Ann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan&Ann Click here to Send Dan&Ann a Private Message Find more posts by Dan&Ann Add Dan&Ann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Covid and children

Today they are now saying that while most of the young children do not show COVID symptoms when they contract the virus...that some of these children after 2 or 3 months after they contract the virus with have organ failures due to their bodies having an over active immune response to the virus...even if the children never show any symptoms of COVID they could still be in danger of having an over active immune response to the COVID infection...

It would be really bad if it becomes a life long issue for some of these children...

Old Post 01-28-2021 12:17 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tripple river
If your scared get a hazmat suit and a respirator.im not so people need to let me make a living and pay my bills.if I die from COVID my fault no one else’s.

It's not just you that matters, it's ALL of the others you could give Covid to! I know many are suffering financial hardships, but at least they are alive. We can not get rid of Covid spread until everyone takes this serious or everyone gets the vaccine. Common sense does not appear to be very common with some folks that think their personal rights are superior to the rights of all others. Take all the chances you want, just isolate yourself from the rest of humanity. Dave

Old Post 01-28-2021 12:31 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Like I said get a hazmat suit and a respirator. Let those of us that don’t have everything paid off make a living. You guys can have all the virtue talk let me live.like I posted earlier someone very close to me has been involved with several COVID deaths I know the gig it is real and can be dangerous but the narrative is very skewed I’ll take my chances and try to keep paying for my stuff if I die my fault guess I should have got a hazmat suit and respirator

Old Post 01-28-2021 01:24 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

The cure

WEAR 2 MASKS.
Fauchi sayz....what a bonehead!
Same guy along w biden that said it would last a few months. Follow the science, I have a plan ! With all the knuckleheads that fake news backs and the false positives being reported as real numbers its clear we are destined to have to deal with it for some time.
Or ya can hide in the basement like sleepy joe did....good way to become "president".

Ok, I'm done !

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 01-28-2021 01:24 AM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

If common sense to you is dictating to others how to live you can keep it.ill be responsible for myself you be responsible for you.

Old Post 01-28-2021 01:38 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
It's not just you that matters, it's ALL of the others you could give Covid to! I know many are suffering financial hardships, but at least they are alive. We can not get rid of Covid spread until everyone takes this serious or everyone gets the vaccine. Common sense does not appear to be very common with some folks that think their personal rights are superior to the rights of all others. Take all the chances you want, just isolate yourself from the rest of humanity. Dave

Dave, asymptomatic spread was hugely over estimated. Latest data shows that asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread only occured 0.7% of the time among people living in the same house. Less than 1% chance of infecting someone you live with if you are asymptomatic. If you don't live with them then that's gonna be like getting struck by lightning.

As for the mask, again the data shows it HELPS but it gives you 2 extra minutes until you are considered exposed and there is a possibility of infection The data says that you are exposed if you are within 6 feet of an infected symptomatic person for 15 minutes or longer if you DON'T have a mask. It increases to 17 minutes if you DO wear a mask.

Masks are THIRD LINE. They are probably responsible for the latest surge because people ignore the most IMPORTANT parts of infection, TIME AND DISTANCE because they feel like those don't matter if they have a mask. WRONG.

First line is to stay away from people. If 6 feet is good 10 feet is better, wash your hands and officially, medically a mask is to HELP DECREASE THE RISK WHEN YOU CAN'T STAY AWAY from people. It is NOT indicated for running in and out of the store.

Those are the scientific facts.

I encourage everyone to wash their hands and stay away from others and to get the vaccine when you can. If you CAN'T stay away from others for more than just a short time then wear a mask. Also there is nothing that will protect you from hugging and other close physical contact if you do that with someone that has a symptomatic case (maybe even asymptomatic in that case) you will get Covid if you haven't already had it.

Last edited by Rip on 01-28-2021 at 02:47 AM

Old Post 01-28-2021 02:44 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tripple river
Like I said get a hazmat suit and a respirator. Let those of us that don’t have everything paid off make a living. You guys can have all the virtue talk let me live.like I posted earlier someone very close to me has been involved with several COVID deaths I know the gig it is real and can be dangerous but the narrative is very skewed I’ll take my chances and try to keep paying for my stuff if I die my fault guess I should have got a hazmat suit and respirator

Jason, I wish you well, unfortunately, I have no control over you or anyone else only myself. I can identify that some folks have to risk their lives in order to survive financially, that's really a tough choice for anyone to make. Hopefully, we ALL can get the vaccine soon and if it works, put an end to these issues. Dave

Old Post 01-28-2021 03:02 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I will not be taking there vaccine. I don't trust it. Never will. I don't where a mask. False security. I am not afraid. I may get it an die ldk maybe I already had it idk but I live free and not in fear.
It's a virus it's never going away. Make peace with God and live with faith not fear.

Old Post 01-28-2021 02:55 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Typical libertarian view, always worried about the other guy and trying to tell them what to do. If you are worried, then wear a mask yourself; stay away from other people yourself and disinfect your hands if you have been in contact with others. Worry about what you are doing and not what everyone else is doing.

Old Post 01-28-2021 03:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Typical libertarian view, always worried about the other guy and trying to tell them what to do. If you are worried, then wear a mask yourself; stay away from other people yourself and disinfect your hands if you have been in contact with others. Worry about what you are doing and not what everyone else is doing.

Lol. Quiet the opposite, I am very conservative, but not stupid. It's those who seemingly disregard the safety of others to protect their " rights" to do what ever they want in the name of freedom. Remember this your rights stop when they infringe on the rights of others. Dave

Old Post 01-28-2021 07:26 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
....Remember this your rights stop when they infringe on the rights of others. Dave

I think that is what I said.

Old Post 01-28-2021 11:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Don’t people realize they have the right to protect themselves however they want? I’m not saying you have to wear a protective suit and respirator.I’m saying you have that right.then you don’t have to worry about me and we are all happy.all the money wasted over this the government could have bought us all a suit and respirator for each day of the week and been money ahead.

Old Post 01-29-2021 12:01 AM
pacolet Why
UKC Forum Member

Covid is real and affects people differently but as of yesterday the positive cases in the us was 25,078,884 and 415,557 deaths. If you do the math that's a 98.3 percent recovery rate from covid. More people die from cancer and abortions every year than from covid.

Old Post 01-29-2021 12:17 AM
pacolet Why is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pacolet Why Click here to Send pacolet Why a Private Message Find more posts by pacolet Why Add pacolet Why to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I think that is what I said.

Quote the whole post, NOT just part of it. You may of hinted at that, but never said it. Example my right to free speech does not give me the right to stand up in Church or another Public Forum and curse at the top of my lungs. My right to dress as I see fit does not give me the right to disobey laws requiring a mask in public. Rights have to be reasonable at least. Nuff said, those who want to will do as they desire, it's just part if our privileged society who cherish their rights over others rights. Bias is innate to each of us, making each think their way is right, but we are a democratic union and that means the MAJORITY RULES. Now this does not please everyone, but we are bound by that principle none the less. None of us are completely self sufficient and do have to have contact with the public like it or not, but we should try to heed the advice of our public health officials to protect ourselves and others as best we can. Shame on those who feel like their right to not wear a mask is more important than the rights of others to not be exposed by a positive Covid carrier. DO masks really protect us? Maybe not, but it sure beat nothing covering someone's face that may be sick. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-29-2021 at 02:40 AM

Old Post 01-29-2021 01:56 AM
Jay Chadwick
UKC Forum Member

Dave does your train of thought have a caboose?

Old Post 01-29-2021 04:02 AM
Jay Chadwick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Chadwick Click here to Send Jay Chadwick a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Chadwick Find more posts by Jay Chadwick Add Jay Chadwick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Quote the whole post, NOT just part of it. You may of hinted at that, but never said it. Example my right to free speech does not give me the right to stand up in Church or another Public Forum and curse at the top of my lungs. My right to dress as I see fit does not give me the right to disobey laws requiring a mask in public. Rights have to be reasonable at least. Nuff said, those who want to will do as they desire, it's just part if our privileged society who cherish their rights over others rights. Bias is innate to each of us, making each think their way is right, but we are a democratic union and that means the MAJORITY RULES. Now this does not please everyone, but we are bound by that principle none the less. None of us are completely self sufficient and do have to have contact with the public like it or not, but we should try to heed the advice of our public health officials to protect ourselves and others as best we can. Shame on those who feel like their right to not wear a mask is more important than the rights of others to not be exposed by a positive Covid carrier. DO masks really protect us? Maybe not, but it sure beat nothing covering someone's face that may be sick. Dave

Dave, the problem is the science does not back up that a mask protects you from me. It gives you 2 extra minutes to talk to me within 6 feet but it does absolutely NOTHING for you if you are just passing by or stay away from me. Not one thing.

Look at it like this. A lifejacket will save you from drowning but you have to be in water for it to work. It does you no good to wear a life jacket when you are not exposed to water.

By the same token it does you no good to wear a mask or for the other person to wear a mask if you are not within 6 feet of a symptomatic infected person for 15 minutes or more. Less than 15 minutes you are not exposed. That's just a medical fact. The problem is the gubment lackys wanted to control you and they did not think you were smart enough to understand that if you are not exposed you don't need a mask so they just got lazy, wanted to throw out a THIRD LINE defense and tell you to do it all the time regardless. That is no different than them telling you to wear a lifejacket in your living room. It does no good.

Masks have a time and a place. They are not a bad thing. The people saying they do absolutely no good are just as wrong. They give you 2 extra minutes within 6 feet of an infected person before you are considered exposed. They are for WHEN YOU CAN NOT STAY AWAY from people. Because of this the idiotic politicians have made it worse by making people think they are safe if they wear a mask. That is just completely wrong and has contributed to the spread. If you hug it doesn't matter if you have on a mask. If you stay in close proximity to a symptomatic person for 20 minutes it doesn't matter if you have on a mask. See what I am saying?

As for laws, no they are not laws they are mandates. Big difference and they are not likely legal.

That said if a business or store owner asks me to wear a mask at all times then I would abide by that because it is their property no different than me asking someone not to smoke in my house.

Oh BTW I two days ago I got splashed in the eye in the OR because we still can't get the good masks for surgery that don't fog up when you try to wear eye protection meanwhile masks that are not really needed are laying in the parking lot of other places.

Old Post 01-29-2021 04:04 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rip

I only advocate for wearing the masks in places where one is going to be in close proximity to other folks. I do think masks are helpful as opposed to no one wearing them, even if they are not the defense we are led to believe. Anything we can do to prevent this virus is certainly beneficial to everyone in one way or the other. We are on here debating issues that have no real winners or losers, it's mainly frustration on most of our parts. I only hope we get an effective and safe vaccine that can put an end to this Covid virus. No one likes the effects thus virus has had on our health and financial well being. Stay positive is my only advice and PRAY for the best. Dave

Old Post 01-29-2021 04:20 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

RIP, in your opinion does the vaccine give a person more of a resistance to getting covid than having it and recovering? Thanks

Old Post 02-06-2021 03:38 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
RIP, in your opinion does the vaccine give a person more of a resistance to getting covid than having it and recovering? Thanks

No Immunity is immunity. You are immune if you had a real case of Covid.

The data shows that it is at least 6 months and most likely longer than that.

The vaccine hasn't been proven to be longer.

The reason is we only have that much data available so we only have the vaccine data from when it was developed and we only have the data from infection since March or so. (Remember you have to know they were infected to know).

IMO we usually don't out do God. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Chicken Pox vaccine, it will keep you from getting Shingles where if you have natural immunity you can get shingles.

I did NOT get the vaccine because I had it and recovered. I DID get the vaccine for my Mom, Dad, Aunt and wife. I believe in the vaccine but I also am not going to take someone elses vaccine for myself knowing that I am immune.

Old Post 02-06-2021 04:41 PM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Breath warm moist air into a cotton mask, Then rebreathe air through that petrie dish of germs. What could possibly go wrong?

Old Post 02-07-2021 06:32 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I just got a call a few minutes ago...a close friend just passed away not even an hour ago...I told my brother-in-law to request plasma and Hydroxychloroquine for his mom along with the other treatments...
Right now I feel pretty pi$$ed about the lack of action...early intervention would have probably saved her life...she was healthy other than being 74 years old...
Like I have said before...everyone responsible in managing and stopping this pandemic who said these other treatments don’t work should be convicted and in prison starting with Fauci...

The logic is very simple...they might have excuses but definitely not good reasons...so they shouldn’t be excused...

Hydroxychloroquine and zimecterin have been researched for years and are known to be safe to consume...
So they are telling us they don’t work and they haven’t been proven...yet many doctors are using it successfully...
So Fauci and his team should at a minimum used common sense...and they should of said, let’s do quick research and test these treatments and see how they do...science has already proven these medications to be safe for use...so we have nothing to lose and many lives can be saved...a no brainer...

When I first heard about it I thought they were going to be all over it...but nothing happened and many folks keep dying...one person dying is too many when there is a cure...
The bottom line...it’s about the money and not about saving lives...

Old Post 02-09-2021 02:43 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

But Reuben, they can't make piles of money off of these drugs!! The patents have long run out and they are dirt cheap.

I know of a drug that is $1.50 a dose that cures autism in at least some patients but is not recognized to be a treatment.

Old Post 02-09-2021 07:29 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sodak58
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Events

quote:
Originally posted by Stan Ferrell
So you can still have local hunts and Joe Biden rallies?

Do people actually show up to these???

Old Post 02-09-2021 08:50 PM
Sodak58 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sodak58 Click here to Send Sodak58 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sodak58 Find more posts by Sodak58 Add Sodak58 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote