UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Spring Creek Rock
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

Spring Creek Rock

Who owned him? Who trained and hunted him? Some guys at work was asking, and I didn't know.

----------------GRCH.GRNITECH. ROCK RIVER FRANK
--------GRCH.GRNITECH. SILVER CREEK SETH
----------------NITECH. MAPLE RIDGE RUDY
GRCH.GRNITECH.INMAN'S CUMBERLAND RIVER ROCK
----------------GRNITECH HARD ROCK CAFE
--------CH.GRNITECH. JUDE'S ROCKETTE
----------------GRCH.GRNITECH. RAIDERS BARBIE DOLL

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
OWNER:LARRY INMAN
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Nite Champion "Bionic Buck"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-05-2006 09:35 PM
Larry Inman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Inman Click here to Send Larry Inman a Private Message Find more posts by Larry Inman Add Larry Inman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blister 1
UKC Forum Member

Duane Clark and Mike Boone

Both freinds of mine and great guys.

Old Post 02-05-2006 09:39 PM
Blister 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blister 1 Click here to Send Blister 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blister 1 Find more posts by Blister 1 Add Blister 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Blister1, thanks for the info. When I started hunting Spring Creek Rock was highly recommended for breeding. We had some Spring Creek Radar blooded dogs. thanks again for the info

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Old Post 02-05-2006 09:46 PM
Larry Inman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Inman Click here to Send Larry Inman a Private Message Find more posts by Larry Inman Add Larry Inman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chopper5
UKC Forum Member

I HAD A FEMALE ONCE THAT WAS DOUBLE ROCK BRED IN 3 GEN. I WISH I HAD HER BACK. SHE CAME FROM WESTERN SUNSET KENNELS IN MAYOR,MN. THEY STILL MAY HAVE SOME OF THAT BLOOD UP THERE

Old Post 02-05-2006 09:49 PM
chopper5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chopper5 Click here to Send chopper5 a Private Message Click Here to Email chopper5 Find more posts by chopper5 Add chopper5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charley noble
UKC Forum Member

Blister, Correct me if I am wrong but I think Mr. Clark and Wade Ward had him, Mike came in later. All three are top shelf hunters.

Hall of fame Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Jet
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.Noble's Oklahoma Bell Star
1988 Oklahoma State Champ Gr.Nt.Ch Neosho River Skinner
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Razor
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Stopper
Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Gunner
1995 TWBFA Nt Hunt Dog of the Year Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Angel
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.Neosho River Bufford
Gr.Nt.Ch. Neosho River Cyclone (psycho)
Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.Lone Mountain Lady
Gr.Ch.Solid Gold Reba
And the list goes on, and on, and on..................................
Now Starting a new list with
American Black and Tans.
"PR" Kansas Sassy
"PR" Clubber Lang

Old Post 02-05-2006 09:52 PM
charley noble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charley noble Click here to Send charley noble a Private Message Click Here to Email charley noble Find more posts by charley noble Add charley noble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

blister

is there any more semen left on old Rock? I know Duane was a big farmer and I know he collected some, but do you know how much he collected and where it might be?

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:02 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blister 1
UKC Forum Member

Re: blister

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
is there any more semen left on old Rock? I know Duane was a big farmer and I know he collected some, but do you know how much he collected and where it might be?

Charley,
I know Duane had told me Wade hunted Rock, and to be honest with you I don't know if he owned him at one time or not. Could very well have for sure.

Cripple Creek,
As far as I know all the Rock semen was sold to Steve Kinney, what he did with what he had left I honestly don't know.

I do know when the semen was sold to Mr. Kinney a gentlemens deal was struck that Duane would get first pick MALE puppy, THAT NEVER HAPPENED!! Because the "new" owner of the semen wanted to monopolize the male studs off Rock. Little did he no just how small of a community the coonhunting fraternity is. Its really a **** shame the Rock semen was used the way it was. Nuff said on that.

Larry,
Billy Stinson {Billy used to own Radar} has called me several times trying to coax me out from under Blister....

Last edited by Blister 1 on 02-05-2006 at 10:42 PM

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:12 PM
Blister 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blister 1 Click here to Send Blister 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blister 1 Find more posts by Blister 1 Add Blister 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

rock

Charley, I have hunted with some very nice hounds out of the dogs on your signature.

Blister 1, did you own Southern Pines Jet? I really liked him. I saw him at walker days and took some pics of him in 1998 I think.

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:20 PM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Spring Creek Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Inman
Who owned him? Who trained and hunted him? Some guys at work was asking, and I didn't know.

russ bellar told me rock was the real deal.
he said he owned him once for about 30 minutes.
he gave duane a shoebox with ten thousand dollars in it for rock while they were hunting.he said in a few minutes duane realized what he had just done and got teary eyed and seemed like he had just sold a member of his family.seeing duane like this got russ all choked up too,so russ took his shoebox back and duane took rock back home.lol

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:27 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Elvis, that was a lot of money wasn't it.

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:31 PM
Blister 1
UKC Forum Member

Re: rock

quote:

Blister 1, did you own Southern Pines Jet? I really liked him. I saw him at walker days and took some pics of him in 1998 I think.

Larry,
Southern Pines Jet was born in Wittenburg, Wi. at the home of Lowell Boreen. Jet was out of Minkler's Kansas Dancer {Neosho River Jet x Spring Creek Rock blooded female.}

Jet was then raised and trained by Lowell and then sold to Glynne Horn and Dale Pace in Georgia. Dale and Glynne hunted Jet and finished him out to GRNTCH.

Jet was then bought back by Lowell Boreen and Shawn Woodford, and studded for a while in Wisconsin Lowell raised some real nice litters out of Jet. Shawn Woodford owned GRNTCH Cedar Run Lil' Doll {Jets littermate sister}. Then at the age of 6 Jet was sold to Mark Cross in Clinton, Ia. I owned two females jointly with Mark at the time and helped Mark promote Jet.

Jet died at the home of Ricky Hawkins at the age of 12 I believe, he was a coondog.

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:35 PM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rock

quote:
Elvis, that was a lot of money wasn't it.

id say back then it would have been a record.

Old Post 02-05-2006 10:36 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

Dancer

Blister 1 that is the first time I have ever seen a pic of Dancer, he was a good looking dog.

Elvis, that was what I was thinking about the money back then.

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Old Post 02-06-2006 01:35 AM
Dickens
New UKC Forum Member

Win

I won last night with 200+ The nite ch's bobo I am going to beat yopu next time

Old Post 02-06-2006 02:37 AM
Dickens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dickens Click here to Send Dickens a Private Message Click Here to Email Dickens Find more posts by Dickens Add Dickens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

I like to read about the ole' Rock and Kansas Dancer bloodlines.

I had a guy come to the house about 3 years ago to hunt with Big Bubba before he bred his female. This fellow had also hunted with Dancer a couple of times years before he died. Bubba showed him 5 singles in about 2 hours. His name is Dan Coate and he is a well known breeder here in Ohio. He told me Bubba was the closest thing to Dancer that he had seen. He left his female. I felt very honored.

Thanks Monte for posting that picture. I thought it looked familar and after digging around I found this picture of Bubba as a 3 year old. Amazing similarities between grandpup and grandsire.

GRNTCH Late Nite Big Bubba

Last edited by Nathan Lattimer on 02-06-2006 at 06:07 AM

Old Post 02-06-2006 05:36 AM
Nathan Lattimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Lattimer Click here to Send Nathan Lattimer a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Lattimer Find more posts by Nathan Lattimer Add Nathan Lattimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Inman
UKC Forum Member

Bubba

Nathan, Bubba does look a lot like Dancer. I had a grandpup to dancer that was a one bark tree dog, hold all the pressure you could put on him. I also like to read about the legends of the past. I would like to hear some stories about Gold Creek Mundo.

2010 PERFORMANCE SIRE
D.O.B. 03/17/2002
BARBOURVILLE, KENTUCKY
(606)539-0557

Old Post 02-06-2006 11:42 AM
Nathan Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

I'm to young to remember Mundo, but I did come acrossed a old American Cooner with a full page stud ad on him. If I can find it I will post it.

Old Post 02-07-2006 04:48 AM
Nathan Lattimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Lattimer Click here to Send Nathan Lattimer a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Lattimer Find more posts by Nathan Lattimer Add Nathan Lattimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

do you guys know anything of a dog named

NITECH PR Tallent's Spring Creek Earl

CH Hayseed's Sweet Talkin Sadie
Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

PR Mitchell's Whiskey In a Jar
May 14,2006 - Feb 13,2010

Old Post 02-07-2006 11:47 AM
ladycoonhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhuntr Click here to Send ladycoonhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by ladycoonhuntr Add ladycoonhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Lattimer
UKC Forum Member

I don't recall a hound by that name. What time period would he have been in, or is he still alive?

Old Post 02-08-2006 07:36 AM
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

he is prob still alive barring any accidents, I know nothing of him either, other thatn he is our 3yro 's sire. Mabye just a similar name, but wondering if there is any relation.

CH Hayseed's Sweet Talkin Sadie
Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

PR Mitchell's Whiskey In a Jar
May 14,2006 - Feb 13,2010

Old Post 02-08-2006 12:18 PM
ladycoonhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhuntr Click here to Send ladycoonhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by ladycoonhuntr Add ladycoonhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Rock

How’d Rock cross on Deamon or Diamond Jim females?

Old Post 07-23-2022 03:50 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote