UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Busher Bred Mountain Curs ?
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Open that can of worms jt , never heard or thought much about streak jr x georgetta offspring.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-06-2014 07:25 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tn russ
Open that can of worms jt , never heard or thought much about streak jr x georgetta offspring.

they sure don't look like most of the others do they, enough said by me anyway lol just look at the thunder bred dogs from ohio.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 01-06-2014 07:32 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Yeah i agree , thunder threw some nice ones imo. Hes in the ped of most of mine. Never had a non cur type issue come up in anything out of that line. Other lines , well theres definitely some outside blood been put in somewhere , when i seen it i was finished with those lines. i gave 200 bucks for a pup from a guy i knew well , i know the two curs he bred and i ended up with a jrt. The dogs were doubled up on some famous curs lol it sucks but i got over it knew what happened. Its bad for the new folks wanting to try a cur or some kid , the whole cur dog family gets a bad name instead of the crook that did it

Old Post 01-06-2014 09:35 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daggum
UKC Forum Member

Can a dog be considered busher if it has streak in it's pedigree?......hmmm.

Old Post 01-06-2014 10:23 PM
daggum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daggum Click here to Send daggum a Private Message Click Here to Email daggum Find more posts by daggum Add daggum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by daggum
Can a dog be considered busher if it has streak in it's pedigree?......hmmm.
Personally, no. But that is just my personal preference. When I breed an OMCBA dog (busher) I wanted to make sure that I was breeding to carry on the "old " bloodlines.

I would say you could easily say a dog that was 1/8 something other than busher was heavy busher bred. I just have never considered anything that had anything but busher or old stock dogs in their papers busher. Again that is just me though.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 01-06-2014 10:34 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GMG
UKC Forum Member

?

Do you consider them Busher as long as what they have in them isnt Streak?Did you ever personally hunt with Burton and Busher Sam,I did.Seems to me as long as there is no DNA Analysis in place there is no way to know for sure about anything,just my opinion ans dont mean to step on any toes as this is very entertaining reading on a cold snowy day in Crossville,Tn

Old Post 01-06-2014 10:47 PM
GMG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GMG Click here to Send GMG a Private Message Find more posts by GMG Add GMG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

Didn't Bushers Sam have NPHA papers on him?

Old Post 01-06-2014 10:56 PM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GMG
UKC Forum Member

Sam

No he did not have NPHA papers

Old Post 01-06-2014 11:00 PM
GMG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GMG Click here to Send GMG a Private Message Find more posts by GMG Add GMG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daggum
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
Personally, no. But that is just my personal preference. When I breed an OMCBA dog (busher) I wanted to make sure that I was breeding to carry on the "old " bloodlines.

I would say you could easily say a dog that was 1/8 something other than busher was heavy busher bred. I just have never considered anything that had anything but busher or old stock dogs in their papers busher. Again that is just me though.

I totally agree with you Tim.

Old Post 01-06-2014 11:24 PM
daggum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daggum Click here to Send daggum a Private Message Click Here to Email daggum Find more posts by daggum Add daggum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Saw real old picture of the Busher dog, he looks like a pretty big dog ?

Old Post 01-07-2014 12:22 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BulletC
UKC Forum Member

quote:

And that IS how breeding should be done on that type or strain of mtn cur dog .

Bullet

Old Post 01-07-2014 02:10 PM
BulletC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BulletC Click here to Send BulletC a Private Message Find more posts by BulletC Add BulletC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

After considering all the facts presented on this topic , i have come to a conclusion...
Ill take a little plott over a little fyce anyday !! But thats just me

Old Post 01-07-2014 02:38 PM
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Whos breeding the torgersen line ? If anyone

Old Post 01-07-2014 02:50 PM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
After considering all the facts presented on this topic , i have come to a conclusion...
Ill take a little plott over a little fyce anyday !! But thats just me

now that what I would call a very good conclusion
don't know anyone breeding torgersen dogs. he had some good busher blood at one time. then it got contaminated ? with something else
not sure but think he hunts pkc mostly now or did.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-07-2014 04:35 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He isn't the only one that has heard that. Guess where Harry Duff lived during that time?

Old Post 01-07-2014 05:09 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BulletC
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He isn't the only one that has heard that. Guess where Harry Duff lived during that time?

Not BOB !!!!!!!

Old Post 01-07-2014 05:29 PM
BulletC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BulletC Click here to Send BulletC a Private Message Find more posts by BulletC Add BulletC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I KNOW I KNOW but I ant saying. lol now this might get interesting. I really
didn't want to open them worms.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-07-2014 05:43 PM
odg
UKC Forum Member

no one really knows whats in any of the dogs unless you breed it so this bs about pure this pure that is just bs the name cur says it all cur =mutt

Old Post 01-07-2014 08:13 PM
odg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for odg Click here to Send odg a Private Message Click Here to Email odg Find more posts by odg Add odg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by odg
no one really knows whats in any of the dogs unless you breed it so this bs about pure this pure that is just bs the name cur says it all cur =mutt

I disagree 100% with your statement.

Pound Va

Old Post 01-07-2014 08:22 PM
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oldman
I disagree 100% with your statement.

Jt , the guys around here hate them too , or grow up and get on board!

Old Post 01-07-2014 09:28 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

Mr jt I don't have a streak dog on the place but I would say ole streak pretty much saved the ombca! Weather you want to believe it or not!

Old Post 01-11-2014 05:23 PM
hoover72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoover72 Click here to Send hoover72 a Private Message Click Here to Email hoover72 Find more posts by hoover72 Add hoover72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Did you recently sell out of them?

Old Post 01-11-2014 05:29 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

Nope I have a busher dogs right now! But I've owned and will own streak dogs in the future! I'm not blinded if it's a good one I don't care what it's out of! I've owned both and to be honest I like em with little bit of both mixed in!

Old Post 01-11-2014 05:35 PM
hoover72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoover72 Click here to Send hoover72 a Private Message Click Here to Email hoover72 Find more posts by hoover72 Add hoover72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

You sell this one?

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928348475

Old Post 01-11-2014 05:40 PM
hoover72
UKC Forum Member

Yes I did he belonged to my son, and is making a nice tree dog! I have one two and half year old that I squirrel hunt and a 15 month old I coon hunt! I didn't have time for his too he's in school and plays ball, this was a pup the other two are already going which would you have sold?

Old Post 01-11-2014 05:46 PM