UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rqe Numbers Dropping!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Just going is only a big thing the first time or two. After that it is all about winning.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Truer words never spoken.
UKC world is elusive as Bigfoot. It takes pretty good hound to tree coons at local RQE then take the travel stress and different hunting terrain at Zones then move on to another area and start the elimination style format.

If I could pick one world hunt to win it would be the UKC World

Old Post 07-14-2018 06:02 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
Truer words never spoken.
UKC world is elusive as Bigfoot. It takes pretty good hound to tree coons at local RQE then take the travel stress and different hunting terrain at Zones then move on to another area and start the elimination style format.

If I could pick one world hunt to win it would be the UKC World

Elusive is right !! I had a dog that I thought with all my heart I was going to win it got him qualified took my vacation had my money saved up won the zones on Friday high scoring dog Saturday got the cast won 5 minutes to go and bamboo he backs on a possum up a 5 ft tree boy I was broken I just knew I was going buuuuuuuut lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-14-2018 10:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

More than a few have had that happen to them, once in the final four cast of the UKC World Championship that was a hard one to swallow. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-15-2018 01:07 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, I once made it to Friday night at the Finals and was leading with 30 minutes left when the dog that I was hunting backed on a possum. I didn't know whether I should be mad that he did it and got beat and whip the tar out of him or happy that he made it into the Top 20. Since he was a Redbone I just petted him up and got my jacket and trophy for having the high scoring Redbone and smiled real big when they took our picture.

Old Post 07-15-2018 04:46 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard what was bad he hadn't done it in years I almost couldn't believe it I didn't even whoop him just went home he was my once in a life time dog this pup out here has him top and bottom.

Crossing my fingers.

Tar

Old Post 07-15-2018 06:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

At the end of the day, dogs are just dogs. We get misled into thinking that a certain dog won't do this or that, then when it does, we act shocked. We tend to let our egos get in the way of our better judgement. Dave.

Old Post 07-15-2018 07:29 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, the only problem is that everyone else has a better dog also. That is why Redbones are having such a hard time catching up. They won't wait on us. We have to work twice as hard.

Old Post 07-15-2018 07:30 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I been working hard at it too but once you had that dog and if your not rich it's a long time in between dogs like that maybe never. See if I go to a hunt I ain't there because I think I have a chance I can win I am there because unless I draw tuff I got the dog to win against tuff competition I ain't driving 16 hours with a mediocre dog like you said it was fun and new the first couple times.

Tar

Old Post 07-15-2018 09:04 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

When you have the right kind, you should want to draw the best dogs there. I always wanted to hunt against the best, especially when I had a good one. Dave

Old Post 07-15-2018 10:05 PM
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

The last 2 weekends there were only 16 dogs in each RQE
and scores where low the judging on the first rqe was awful and the whole cast had to be scratched last sat nite scores were low only 2 cast winners myself and one other guy maybe people are burned out with the whole hunt process

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Old Post 07-16-2018 02:17 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I attended the RQE at Vanita Ok this past weekend and we had 35 dogs (9 casts). I will also say I had one of the best hunts I had ever been on even though I didn’t win my cast. We had youth in our cast, one person it was his very first hunt, and the guide/judge was very professional. Overall great club/Hunt. If the Miami zone is anything like that RQE, it is the place.

Old Post 07-17-2018 11:55 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Yep there are a lot of real good clubs up this way.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 07-18-2018 12:44 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim/Chuck

So, it's not all gloom and doom in Texas and Oklahoma as we have been led to believe! That's good to hear, always liked that part of the country. Dave

Old Post 07-18-2018 01:33 AM
Randy Howard
UKC Forum Member

Re: Baby boomers

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Every year seems like it gets harder to get in shape to coonhunt. You better be in good shape to hunt these mountains 6 nights a week. Not hunting in the spring and summertime, I get out of shape and it takes at least 30 nights of hard hunting to get in decent shape. Hunting all fall and winter, I get in real good shape, only to get out of shape in the spring and summer months. Used to hunt all year long, now I really don't like spring and summer hunting. Me and my hunting partner [ both babyboomers] realize how much we have slowed down. It's really hard work to coonhunt and you better enjoy it, to hunt every night. Lol. Dave

I know your right!

PKC CH County Line Big'N, Natural (RIP) Independent.
County Line Sod Buster (Big'n x Bev)$ Brains, Accurate a Pleasure to hunt..
County Line Alittle Ambraw Pepper(Big'n x Jenny)
Line bred Pups Buster x Pepper 12/09/16
Working to rebuild some of the old Ambraw blood line.
(618) 214-1695

LUCK-Is when opportunity & Preperation Meet

Old Post 07-18-2018 04:29 AM
Randy Howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Howard Click here to Send Randy Howard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Howard Find more posts by Randy Howard Add Randy Howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote