UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Black & Tans: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grnitech GRCH Pr Jones’ Northern Country Colt HTX
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Grnitech GRCH Pr Jones’ Northern Country Colt HTX

Colt is a 3 year old that has won up in the mountains in the northeast part of the country. Got set back about a year with lyme as a young dog, but made Grnitech by pickin up cast wins at a good rate against mostly walkers with big winning pkc and ukc pedigrees. Makes it easy to win his cast by consistently pickin up first trees. As fast of a track dog, and as quick of a tree dog as I’ve seen in any breed. But, still a dog that can screw up and look like crap some nights. If he produces what he is, his pups should drift a track on a sprint, and locate quick and get treed with a Coon. Haven’t had the opportunity to hunt in B&T days, rqe’s or oaks due to work, but I’d imagine he would hold his own very well. Not looking to push him hard in the stud pen, but would like to see a couple litters off him and decent females. Welcome to come hunt with him anytime.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2018 06:09 PM
DCorbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DCorbin Click here to Send DCorbin a Private Message Find more posts by DCorbin Add DCorbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Colt drew out with some treeing walker this weekend in grnitech, and took home King of Hunt at the Endless Mountains Coonhunters ABTCHA Sectional.

Old Post 09-10-2018 10:17 PM
DCorbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DCorbin Click here to Send DCorbin a Private Message Find more posts by DCorbin Add DCorbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

OS this dog a littermate to frank Jones toby dog

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 09-11-2018 06:08 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Yes littermates

Old Post 09-11-2018 08:37 PM
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good frank lives about an hour or so from me and I seen his pedigree is why I was wondering

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 09-15-2018 07:58 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 10-03-2018 01:47 AM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Colt was the only non-walker at the double header last night, and he got lucky and paid for both his entries. CW 300+ and CW 150+

Old Post 10-06-2018 02:52 PM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

2019 Performance Sire

Old Post 10-11-2018 09:51 PM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

4th in the state race and 3rd in the breed after a month, went out tonight and got treed 3 times with 3 singles looking down at us after startin off the night by catching one on the ground.
Come for a hunt, bring your walkin stick

Old Post 11-06-2018 02:50 AM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Colt is a 2019 Performance Sire, will be hunted in some pkc hunts, RQE, and possibly UKC state hunt. We unfortunately will not be at B&T days, our local club has a hunt that weekend and I’m relied upon as a guide, and I have a prior commitment thru the end of that week.

Come see him in the woods.

Old Post 02-12-2019 09:32 PM
CHECKMATE
UKC Forum Member

Pups

I would be interested in a pup out of this male if you breed to a Smokey 7 female. Keep me in mind.

Old Post 02-25-2019 02:44 AM
CHECKMATE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHECKMATE Click here to Send CHECKMATE a Private Message Click Here to Email CHECKMATE Find more posts by CHECKMATE Add CHECKMATE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Send me a message with your name and I will let you know when the opportunity comes up. Lots of communication with folks that are interested in breeding to him, but haven’t had anyone show up way out here

Old Post 02-25-2019 11:16 PM
CHECKMATE
UKC Forum Member

Cross

Have you talked to John Davis about breeding to Battie, looking at pedigrees, this would be a super cross. I would buy a male and a female if they were available.

Old Post 02-27-2019 02:35 AM
CHECKMATE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHECKMATE Click here to Send CHECKMATE a Private Message Click Here to Email CHECKMATE Find more posts by CHECKMATE Add CHECKMATE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Champions classic

Got in to the champions classic hunt at 17 due to a cancellation but we can’t make it out this year, good luck to all at B&T days

Littermate just made quick work of three straight cast wins to put on a nitech title under the new format, congrats Frank!

Old Post 04-20-2019 02:44 PM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Performance

Colt is paid up Performance 2019 and if someone wants him SS I will pay him up immediately upon Stud fee and the cross being made. Bring your hiking boots and come for a hunt with him

Old Post 06-14-2019 02:07 AM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

King of Hunt

GRNITECH JONES NORTHERN COUNTRY COLT picked up another King of Hunt at a ABTCHA Sectional this past weekend by treeing Coon in the 75 degree heat hunting grnitech/nitech class with a few walkers and another blackdog. Also, picked up a king of show. You want to see him go, bring your boots

Old Post 07-22-2019 10:07 PM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Another king of hunt

Went to a two night double header ABTCHA Sectional this weekend, and Colt came home with another King of Hunt by winning the first cast I hunted him in. Elected to help guide and judge instead of hunt the rest of the weekend as no other B&T males got a CW. 3rd strike and 1st tree on a Coon getting treed a good while before anybody else to get the win, also got deep on a den later in the hour hunt.

Just bred a nitech female, we’ll see if she takes.

Come check him out if you want. 570 396 6105

Old Post 09-11-2019 12:58 AM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Cast wins at a good rate

Colt picked up a couple chkc cast wins against some coondogs that have won their fair share of casts, coondogs in their own right. I believe in the last 10 hunts, colt has won 8 of them by scoring plus points on all first trees, I think on those other two there were no Coon scored

Old Post 09-26-2019 11:51 PM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Colt

Colt hasn’t been out the kennel much in the last year on his own, due to training young dogs and working on other things. When he got his chances to go to hunts, he won Chkc hunts and ukc B&t sectionals. If you’re looking for a good track dog & 1st tree dog in the pack or off on his own, he might be what you're aiming for.

Old Post 12-21-2019 01:12 AM
DCorbin
UKC Forum Member

Colt

Colt was entered in a few more hunts this year, and same results as always, a high rate of cast wins. He currently sits at the top of the Champions Classic Hunt standings, is qualified for the Tournament of Champions, was qualified for the World Hunt, and picked up some money won in his only pkc Hunt of the year.

At the zones Colt was under 3 of his own Coon, one more than the winner. With two mistakes by me and one tree unfortunately being scored as a single tree touching the winners tree despite being 8-10yards apart, he didn’t get a CW. Hunting against 2 other guys who made the Top 100 last year. Went home after night one as I thought the single cast winners advancing would need a much higher score, and knowing I had a long drive and lots of things to take care of before work on Monday. Wish we could have stuck around, but thrilled to see that he stacks up well against these other dogs in the Zones.

Unfortunately for colt he is hunted well outside of the coonhunting hot spots of the country, he is hunted by someone who isn’t a promoter or doesn’t have the name recognition that can get females coming in from all over. He is simply a dog that makes a high rate of first trees with the Coon in them, and comes away with a high rate of cast wins regardless of the quality of competition. I know that’s what I’m looking for, I’d think other would as well.

References available of guys that have hunted with him numerous times, or bring your boots and a coondog to hunt against him to see how he stacks up.

Old Post 10-18-2020 02:34 PM