UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Allegan State Forest Michigan
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Allegan State Forest Michigan

Is anyone familiar with the Allegan state forest about a 1/2 hour northwest of Kalamazoo? I was checking it out on onX and thinking of maybe trying to plan a coon hunting trip up there this fall. If anyone could tell me anything about the place I would appreciate it.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-13-2022 06:03 AM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero Dark
New UKC Forum Member

I was wondering the same thing about Allegan, can't believe no one on this board has ever hunted it.

Old Post 08-18-2022 02:58 PM
Zero Dark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero Dark Click here to Send Zero Dark a Private Message Click Here to Email Zero Dark Find more posts by Zero Dark Add Zero Dark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

I live north of there 45 min have hunted it once, the problem.with all state land in Michigan unless you go way up north is the deer hunters in the fall, there are several places I'm referring to state land I won't hunt due to that don't wanna deal with the drama, Allegan state game area is good hunting but there are a lot of hunters that hunt that, alot of the deer hunters camp there all weekend

Old Post 08-18-2022 03:38 PM
markncole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Zero Dark
I was wondering the same thing about Allegan, can't believe no one on this board has ever hunted it.

They are probably wanting to keep their secret spots secret.

Old Post 08-19-2022 03:29 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
They are probably wanting to keep their secret spots secret.

Not everyone, but a lot of folks are just as Allen said, wanting to keep their spots to themselves. Michigan has more public hunting land that most states. Hides are worthless and most out of state hunters just want the opportunity to tree several coons a night. They are not going to kill everyone at least not the responsible hunters. We sure did not kill many when I hunted in Michigan, it was just a change of scenery and the enjoyment of the hunt. Dave

Old Post 08-19-2022 10:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero Dark
New UKC Forum Member

That's all I'm looking for is a change of scenery and a good weekend hunt.

Old Post 08-22-2022 08:24 PM
Zero Dark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero Dark Click here to Send Zero Dark a Private Message Click Here to Email Zero Dark Find more posts by Zero Dark Add Zero Dark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote