UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo x GrNiteCh GrCh Vining Hammerhead
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Good looking litter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2015 05:54 PM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks David

Hammerhead has done a great job with them. They are into everything right now and as nice as you will find in my eyes. The folks that are getting these are really excited about the prospects of these pups as well as I am.

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 03-29-2015 01:36 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Hammerhead

I don't know if she will make the top reproducing list or not but she's at the top of the mothers list. She is definitely a good mother. There is a female down here that needs 1 more win to be NTCH. She has 2 firsts. She is a full sister to Nail, second litter.

Old Post 03-29-2015 02:05 PM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Great collection of top hounds

Scott I was just sitting here at my computer and got to reading the pedigrees on the bottom of your post of the hounds that you own. It's quite impressive. I would say that there is not many if any breeders and coonhunters in the bluetick world that own that many top hounds with top bloodlines and all of them still alive and still hunting and reproducing. Wishing you the best with them. Good hunting.

Old Post 03-30-2015 05:12 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

David,
You are right Hammerhead is a great mother. She is so patient with the pups even as they get older and have teeth she lets them nurse. Not sure if we will raise any more litters off of her but she has been a fun dog to hunt and a good mother.

Jack,
Thanks for the nice words on the dogs that we have here. Logan was a dog I hunted with as a young pup and I told the owner that if he ever wanted to sell him I would be interested. We traded a Grnite female for him as an open registered dog a year or so later. Made him a Grnite and he had some nice wins also being King of Hunt at the Fall Roundup in 2009. Through a series of events Rick Jordan became part owner of him and he had split his time between Alabama and Wis. through the years. Rick had bred him to some nice females down there.
Rick and I always admired Banjo as we had seen him at a number of hunts and knew he was reproducing. We really liked the mix of the Uchtman and Smokey River along with the double Jimmy Breeding on the bottom. When he came up for sale I talked to Rick and we made the decision quick to get him bought.
When Hammerhead was for sale I called and made the decision right away on her. Rick and I had hunted with her mother Molly owned by Gene Wolfenbarger and really liked her. I had always wanted a Bullet II female. I had bought one as a pup but she did not turn out to my liking. I spoke with Rick and he became co-owner of her along with Logan and Banjo.
About a year and a half ago I was looking for a young female with some of the Smokey River breeding that had come out of Oklahoma so I contacted Lee Smith and Jeff Lovell and told them what I was looking for. Both of them came up with some real nice possibilities but for some reason I had a real good feeling about a female Jeff had that he called Smokey River Star. I asked him to send me a picture and a pedigree and I said I would take her. Jeff told me the story behind her and said she would run and tree a hot turned loose coon. Our first Night in the woods with a Nite Ch female I had she struck first and split with the meat. Needless to say she had a place in my heart for good and I named her Oklahoma Blue Creek.
When Hammerheads daughter Nail came up for sale I was really glad to by able to pick up a daughter of her. Being a Dual Grand in her prime surely is a plus. She is in a great place right now and we will see how that story ends.
Rick and I have always liked the Jimmy and Smokey River dogs and have had our fair share of the Uchtman dogs. We are fortunate to have the dogs we have and don't take it for granted. Both of us have the dogs best interest in mind and have both traveled countless hours to meet and get a dog or female moved to get it hunted or make a cross. Its been good and we have continued to make new friends and meet great Blue dog folks.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Last edited by Scott VH on 04-01-2015 at 02:53 AM

Old Post 04-01-2015 02:49 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zroggenbuck
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Scott

Picked up my pup today the whole litter looked great thanks again Scott. Looking forward to putting him in the woods this fall

Old Post 04-03-2015 02:09 AM
zroggenbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zroggenbuck Click here to Send zroggenbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email zroggenbuck Find more posts by zroggenbuck Add zroggenbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pup

Thanks Zach and good luck with him. I really like this litter and it looks as though most will be going to their new homes today.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 04-03-2015 03:12 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Litter Update (11 months)

I was fortunate enough to get these pups in the hands of hunters. All in the litter are running and treeing. They are now 11 months old.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 01-10-2016 01:36 PM
GulfCoastZH
New UKC Forum Member

Mr Scott, I am very fortunate to hunt with a male out of this cross regularly. He is all coon dog, and will very much so make a non blueticker a believer. I am impressed with him beyond belief and believe that he will reproduce well when the time comes for his first batch of pups to hit the ground.

Old Post 06-27-2018 10:38 PM
GulfCoastZH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GulfCoastZH Click here to Send GulfCoastZH a Private Message Click Here to Email GulfCoastZH Find more posts by GulfCoastZH Add GulfCoastZH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Zeke

quote:
Originally posted by GulfCoastZH
Mr Scott, I am very fortunate to hunt with a male out of this cross regularly. He is all coon dog, and will very much so make a non blueticker a believer. I am impressed with him beyond belief and believe that he will reproduce well when the time comes for his first batch of pups to hit the ground.

Thanks Zeke,

Glad to hear about the young dog. Both Banjo and Hammerhead are gone but I have a son of old Hammerhead hear that I like.

Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:30 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

BTT

I have frozen semen on Banjo. I plan to use some on my Creek female some day but she is bred to Pink Floyd now.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 06-06-2020 03:21 PM
GulfCoastZH
New UKC Forum Member

Mr Scott, you can mark me down for a Banjo x Creek female if possible when the time comes, but I’d take male or female if I got an opportunity. Thank you very much for the update, when you get ready to price them, call me.. ready to make a deposit today if need be.
Zeke Harris
228-282-5035

Old Post 06-06-2020 09:11 PM
GulfCoastZH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GulfCoastZH Click here to Send GulfCoastZH a Private Message Click Here to Email GulfCoastZH Find more posts by GulfCoastZH Add GulfCoastZH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Zeke

Hi Zeke,

Good to hear from you. I am sure it will be at least a year away before I would breed her again. I will keep you in mind.

Thanks,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 06-07-2020 02:20 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Zeke

Hi Zeke,

Good to hear from you. I am sure it will be at least a year away before I would breed her again. I will keep you in mind.

Thanks,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 06-07-2020 02:20 AM
GulfCoastZH
New UKC Forum Member

No problem, I just wanted to make sure my name is in the hat for one.

Wishing you the best with your Pink Floyd litter!

What’s the breeding on your Creek female?

Old Post 06-07-2020 05:43 AM
GulfCoastZH
New UKC Forum Member

Oops I’m sorry, I see what creeks blood is now from your signature on your profile. I had a bocephus daughter I should have never ever let go of.
Won’t make that mistake again twice in this life time.

Old Post 06-07-2020 08:05 AM