UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Harassed threatened by Ohio State park officer
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

"He did so in an attempt to intimidate us from hunting"

What makes you say this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2018 04:46 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The statement you made here just warned us we would be subject to repercussions if he got called out on us or caught our dogs off the hunting property boundary. Let us know he didn't want us there at all

We have the same law here in FL but it is really not an issue unless you choose not to control your dog. Every dog has to have a tag with an ID number of the permit that was issued for the land you hunt on. Not a big deal in my opinion, unless you choose to turn dogs out on surrounding property.

That is why the Garmin ALPHA has become one of the most popular hunting items someone can carry. You can control your dogs and you can get them back if they get out of control.

Old Post 01-14-2018 05:37 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

May have been a watercraft officer, Ohio Division of Parks and the Division of Watercraft have combined. The watercraft officers are patrolling the parks and forest. And yes most Ohio parks have designated hunting areas.

Old Post 01-14-2018 11:04 PM
knockemstiffeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knockemstiffeng Click here to Send knockemstiffeng a Private Message Click Here to Email knockemstiffeng Find more posts by knockemstiffeng Add knockemstiffeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropthetailgate
UKC Forum Member

Yeah it was a park officer not odnr. I don't mind getting checked for liscene or for potential drinking or any suspicious behavior in general. It's just that I have never been subjected to lectures on laws. And I don't know how else to say it. He was for sure trying to make us feel uneasy about hunting there and he did. It was not a friendly hello type conversation. I've been approached plenty of times hunting and fishing. even by homeland security officers and none have ever lectured. They either chatted or checked inspected the situation but not lectured. That was just way out of the normal. And now that I think about it he stayed till he heard our dog tree 50 yards away before he left.

Home of
Nt. Ch. PKC CH. Novak's Easy Flo IV

Last edited by dropthetailgate on 01-15-2018 at 12:50 AM

Old Post 01-15-2018 12:46 AM
dropthetailgate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dropthetailgate Click here to Send dropthetailgate a Private Message Click Here to Email dropthetailgate Visit dropthetailgate's homepage! Find more posts by dropthetailgate Add dropthetailgate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Ohio State Parks

Most ohio state parks, have designated, hunting areas, you have to bring them up on your computer, to see whitch ones ,and the part of the park, that you can hunt on, but none of the parks, allow hunting on sunday. The regulations, for state parks are different, from wild life areas, you can hunt parks, only during the open season, and only where, the map shows, you can. And you can't shoot anything out, within 400feet of a building, path, beach, rest room, etc.

Last edited by JOE H BROOKS on 01-15-2018 at 06:34 AM

Old Post 01-15-2018 05:14 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dropthetailgate
Yeah it was a park officer not odnr. I don't mind getting checked for liscene or for potential drinking or any suspicious behavior in general. It's just that I have never been subjected to lectures on laws. And I don't know how else to say it. He was for sure trying to make us feel uneasy about hunting there and he did. It was not a friendly hello type conversation. I've been approached plenty of times hunting and fishing. even by homeland security officers and none have ever lectured. They either chatted or checked inspected the situation but not lectured. That was just way out of the normal. And now that I think about it he stayed till he heard our dog tree 50 yards away before he left.
They are all O.D.N.R.--- Ohio Department of Natural Resources There are different divisions like the Division of Forestry, The Division of Wildlife, The Division of Parks & Watercraft ect. The Watercraft people are new at dealing with hunters and the way the parks are used during the winter months. I hunt our parks and have no problems. Yet.

Last edited by knockemstiffeng on 01-15-2018 at 11:54 PM

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:07 PM
knockemstiffeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knockemstiffeng Click here to Send knockemstiffeng a Private Message Click Here to Email knockemstiffeng Find more posts by knockemstiffeng Add knockemstiffeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

wildlife dogs

Ohio wildlife officers will be checking hunters with dogs in the near future. The dogs will be trained to find hidden game as well as firearms and ginseng.They are also trained to track humans like lost hunters and hikers or trespassers. So be careful were you hunt guys!

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:10 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I had a Tn Park officer tell me that if he caught my dogs on Park Property again he would shoot them for harassing wildlife. So I don't hunt near Park Property any more.

Old Post 01-20-2018 03:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote