UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Cold Nose Plotts?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

Cold Nose Plotts?

What is everyone using on bear cat coon or hogs with cold nose and good trailing ability? I'm looking for new blood really need a female! What are y'all using?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-04-2013 03:25 AM
AFricks88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AFricks88 Click here to Send AFricks88 a Private Message Find more posts by AFricks88 Add AFricks88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

Btt!

Old Post 02-05-2013 03:22 PM
AFricks88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AFricks88 Click here to Send AFricks88 a Private Message Find more posts by AFricks88 Add AFricks88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C. Burns 17
UKC Forum Member

is there

such a thing as cold nosed plotts anymore? not tryin piss anyone off either ive personaly only seen a select few an they were mixed up

LightNing~StrIke~KenNels

Old Post 02-05-2013 09:34 PM
C. Burns 17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C. Burns 17 Click here to Send C. Burns 17 a Private Message Click Here to Email C. Burns 17 Find more posts by C. Burns 17 Add C. Burns 17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mcleods Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Dollins breed plots

Old Post 02-05-2013 11:04 PM
Mcleods Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mcleods Kennels Click here to Send Mcleods Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Mcleods Kennels Add Mcleods Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

yes

There cold nosed plotts out there just none that many people wanna part with! Darrel Jonet up in Michigan has some from what I hear! He catches a lot of bobcat with them and lion and bear!

Old Post 02-05-2013 11:44 PM
carolina bay
New UKC Forum Member

Is there

C. Burns 17, I believe and actually know that there are plenty of Plotts out there with cold noses. I know they have just as cold of noses as any other hound that is being big game hunted. If you haven't seen any you are looking in the wrong places. I have hunted all colors and the plotts are just as cold nosed as the rest. Thanks, Ken Spell 910-337-2177.

Old Post 02-06-2013 03:00 AM
carolina bay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carolina bay Click here to Send carolina bay a Private Message Find more posts by carolina bay Add carolina bay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Dailey
UKC Forum Member

Re: yes

quote:
Originally posted by AFricks88
There cold nosed plotts out there just none that many people wanna part with! Darrel Jonet up in Michigan has some from what I hear! He catches a lot of bobcat with them and lion and bear!

Do you know if he has any cat dogs for sale or any started thanks

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg

Old Post 02-06-2013 11:58 PM
Chris Dailey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dailey Click here to Send Chris Dailey a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dailey Find more posts by Chris Dailey Add Chris Dailey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

jonet

No I don't know if has any or not!

Old Post 02-07-2013 12:47 AM
theo
UKC Forum Member

Stewart Kenney

i talked to stewart Kenney up in a Vermont a few years ago he told me his start dog has a pretty cold nose.if interested in talking to him?i can P.M. his number to you.

Old Post 02-07-2013 12:25 PM
theo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theo Click here to Send theo a Private Message Click Here to Email theo Find more posts by theo Add theo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

theo

What kind of plotts he hunt? And u can send me his number I always like talking with new people!

Old Post 02-07-2013 12:27 PM
darrylq64
UKC Forum Member

Give rick grunch a call in MI. his number is in the npha year book, I have two young females from rick. both are going to have reel good noses on them. Come to the TN. plott sectional in march to see them work

Old Post 02-11-2013 05:50 PM
darrylq64 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darrylq64 Click here to Send darrylq64 a Private Message Click Here to Email darrylq64 Find more posts by darrylq64 Add darrylq64 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loganc
UKC Forum Member

Laurel mtn plotts got.some cold noses

Old Post 02-12-2013 12:11 AM
Loganc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loganc Click here to Send Loganc a Private Message Click Here to Email Loganc Find more posts by Loganc Add Loganc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
manhooker
UKC Forum Member

Cold nose plotts

This guy near me has pups 3 weeks old out of Curtis walker and hicks breed they should cold nose name is Carl 845-532-0053

Old Post 02-12-2013 12:20 AM
manhooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for manhooker Click here to Send manhooker a Private Message Click Here to Email manhooker Find more posts by manhooker Add manhooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddevelasco
UKC Forum Member

Cold Nose

I have a couple Plotts bred by Dudley Huber, Bud Lyons Von Plott stock with Alabama Hammer/Heat that are very cold nose. They are cold nosed and move track on the run not boo hoo. I take no credit for this breeding. Dudley Huber has bred some very cold nosed Plott dogs. I run mostly Weems with good noses, however, I got a couple from his breeding, they are very cold nosed. I liked a cold nosed start dog, they are exactly what I like for a strat dog.

Old Post 02-12-2013 03:09 AM
eddevelasco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eddevelasco Click here to Send eddevelasco a Private Message Click Here to Email eddevelasco Find more posts by eddevelasco Add eddevelasco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks for all the info and help guys! Manhooker I can't wait to get another pup from u! Been very pleased with these 3!
Ed, we need to get together for a hunt and discuss dogs soon!

Old Post 02-12-2013 03:46 AM
JSAWYER
UKC Forum Member

noise

there are several around e.n.c. i have 1 ibelieve is part hicks dont have the papers yet

Old Post 02-13-2013 01:35 AM
JSAWYER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JSAWYER Click here to Send JSAWYER a Private Message Find more posts by JSAWYER Add JSAWYER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nessplott2
New UKC Forum Member

Darrell Jonet

He doesn't have any dogs for sale at this time. And has a waiting list for pups. He has like 29-30 bobcat cought already this winter!! 70 plus bear last summer. And he's not afraid to show his dogs to anyone. They definitely brag there selves up.

Old Post 02-14-2013 06:33 PM
nessplott2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nessplott2 Click here to Send nessplott2 a Private Message Click Here to Email nessplott2 Find more posts by nessplott2 Add nessplott2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

jonet

Yea I have talked with him! I have found a guy local with some dogs with cold noses I'm gonna try hear!

Old Post 02-14-2013 11:11 PM
Jan Billgren
New UKC Forum Member

Mr Huber

I think Mr Huber have pups soon! After a male named Major owned by Mr Lyon! Old pure Von Plott bred dogs, that should get really cold noses. I have the litter mate to Major and he is VERY cold nosed fast and gritty!

Jan

Old Post 02-24-2013 12:27 PM
Jan Billgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jan Billgren Click here to Send Jan Billgren a Private Message Click Here to Email Jan Billgren Visit Jan Billgren's homepage! Find more posts by Jan Billgren Add Jan Billgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

jan

What else can u tell me bout major? I may be getting one of those pups!

Old Post 02-24-2013 12:37 PM
Jan Billgren
New UKC Forum Member

Well I have only seen him on a chain, but his brother I have at home here over in Sweden were I live. He is doing good on everything I let him on! We don't have coon over here but I have shot a lot of badgers, raccondogs, pine martens ,lynx and ofcourse bears. He is extremely cold nosed , and independent. He don't need me or any other dog to help him do the job, he stay the whole day on a mean bear or hog with out thinking about a buddy to help him out. I have hog hunted him this season, but decided to stop that, he have been seriously wounded 3 times this season and I consider him to rough for hog hunting. I can't post any pictures on here, but email me and I will send you pics on Geranimo, and I think I have pics on Major an their dad Zack too!

Thanks
Jan

Old Post 02-24-2013 01:29 PM
Jan Billgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jan Billgren Click here to Send Jan Billgren a Private Message Click Here to Email Jan Billgren Visit Jan Billgren's homepage! Find more posts by Jan Billgren Add Jan Billgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theo
UKC Forum Member

Re: theo

quote:
Originally posted by AFricks88
What kind of plotts he hunt? And u can send me his number I always like talking with new people!
hey bud im terribly sorry but i lost his phone number.im sure some of the northerners on here know it.again sorry for taking long to respond back.again stewart is a stand up guy and has really good plotts in the northeast.takecare

Old Post 02-28-2013 11:23 PM
theo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theo Click here to Send theo a Private Message Click Here to Email theo Find more posts by theo Add theo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbillyhoghnt
UKC Forum Member

GERONIMO

Old Post 03-05-2013 08:17 AM
hillbillyhoghnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbillyhoghnt Click here to Send hillbillyhoghnt a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbillyhoghnt Find more posts by hillbillyhoghnt Add hillbillyhoghnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hillbillyhoghnt
GERONIMO

what a beauty!.whats his breeding please?thanx

Old Post 03-05-2013 11:57 AM
hillbillyhoghnt
UKC Forum Member

GERONIMO is Jan Billgrens male. He is von plott bred.

Old Post 03-05-2013 12:20 PM
hillbillyhoghnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbillyhoghnt Click here to Send hillbillyhoghnt a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbillyhoghnt Find more posts by hillbillyhoghnt Add hillbillyhoghnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote