UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Springcreek Rock ?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey Ky show girl

was the smut dog a littermate to Ky River Rowdy?

if so I just picked up a dog a while back that goes back to rowdy several times. I only have a 4 gen ped and I am going to send off for the 7 gen one in a few days. I will post his pedigree in a day or so and get some folks to help me fill in the blanks until I get it back.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2013 03:50 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

p.s. share some more old photos of

those dogs and papers when you can. I love seeing that stuff.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 04-28-2013 03:52 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chase Strebeck
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate your input and honesty cripple creek. That sounds like a good answer to me. I guess people just keep moving on to the next big thing. I would say that I don't understand why people would stud a slick treeing dog or breed to one, but I wouldn't be telling the truth. I believe money is probably the biggest reason why. Somebody seen where they could make a few bucks easy and it went from there. No care for the person they were doing wrong to. I tell you money has messed up alot of good things. I guess something as so genuine and down to earth like coon hunting is no exception.

I'm glad that there are still some people out there trying to carry on this blood line of dogs. If they are like you say they are, then thats just what our dogs need. There are some breeders that are breeding balanced dogs, but not enough. I think it's cool to see someone like you and others on here have kept it going for a long time. I'm starting to find out that is easier said than done.

I have seen in the American Cooner that Mr. McKinney had Spring Creek Rock semen. Wasn't the Eliminator dog he had out of Rock? Thanks again for all the stories and information on this thread. I love the pictures as well.

Old Post 04-28-2013 05:01 AM
Chase Strebeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase Strebeck Click here to Send Chase Strebeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase Strebeck Find more posts by Chase Strebeck Add Chase Strebeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

Ole Cripple Creek made a pretty good statement. I'm just going to add that there has to be a lot more of these dogs bred this way out be hind the barn.

I was hunting and showing some dogs that I would not feed now. I kept getting beat by the same gut he would grand his female and I thought I have a chance now, well i was wrong.

I went and got some dogs from him, several generations later I have what I have now. There are people like him who don't advertise there dogs but have a family of dogs they have kept going for ever, C.T. Holekamp III 's were just finley river bred dogs with spring creek radar and stinson's bobby close.

Now to eliminatior dogs, I have had two granddaughters. One was probably a granddaughter to a border collie. the other one was eliminator bred to a stinson's bobby daughter. Bobby came threw. I don't won't to get sued so if you have questions as to what I am saying pm me.

These Rock dogs are not always 1st and 1st but they will tree a lot of coon behind that 1st and 1st dog.

Old Post 04-28-2013 07:27 AM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chase Strebeck
I appreciate your input and honesty cripple creek. That sounds like a good answer to me. I guess people just keep moving on to the next big thing. I would say that I don't understand why people would stud a slick treeing dog or breed to one, but I wouldn't be telling the truth. I believe money is probably the biggest reason why. Somebody seen where they could make a few bucks easy and it went from there. No care for the person they were doing wrong to. I tell you money has messed up alot of good things. I guess something as so genuine and down to earth like coon hunting is no exception.

I'm glad that there are still some people out there trying to carry on this blood line of dogs. If they are like you say they are, then thats just what our dogs need. There are some breeders that are breeding balanced dogs, but not enough. I think it's cool to see someone like you and others on here have kept it going for a long time. I'm starting to find out that is easier said than done.

I have seen in the American Cooner that Mr. McKinney had Spring Creek Rock semen. Wasn't the Eliminator dog he had out of Rock? Thanks again for all the stories and information on this thread. I love the pictures as well.

i thank people get old just like your uncle i need 1 more dog
and that should last me a life time.

Old Post 04-28-2013 03:52 PM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chase Strebeck
UKC Forum Member

I think that has alot to do with it as well KY Show Girl. Theres still some of my Uncles dogs out there but there aren't many trying to keep the bloodline going.

elkrauskopf I appreciate it your opinion as well. Sounds like the Spring Creek dogs were something else. They sound like good dogs to me. First and First dosn't matter. Just having the coon.

Old Post 04-28-2013 07:25 PM
Chase Strebeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase Strebeck Click here to Send Chase Strebeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase Strebeck Find more posts by Chase Strebeck Add Chase Strebeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elkrauskopf

Now to eliminatior dogs, I have had two granddaughters. One was probably a granddaughter to a border collie. the other one was eliminator bred to a stinson's bobby daughter. Bobby came threw. I don't won't to get sued so if you have questions as to what I am saying pm me.

These Rock dogs are not always 1st and 1st but they will tree a lot of coon behind that 1st and 1st dog.

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Old Post 04-28-2013 10:26 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

hey elk....would that border collie tree?

haha send me a pm with the info on that deal. sounds like a hoot.

I saw a pup off of janice joplin a couple years ago and I promise you it would give that border collie a run for its money.

Those pups from that litter sold for $1,000. bux at weaning age.
If they had shipped that to me and I saw that when I arrived at the airport, I would have thrown up on the tarmac!!!!

I WILL NOT hunt an ugly dog. Thats just me.
I am like you in that I have to breed confirmation into my coondogs. Every coondog I have hunted from the first cross till 10 generations later have all been shown. Its a good way to showcase them in my opinion. I usually have them treeing at or near 6 months old by themselves. so it is possible to own a dual purpose hound all the time.

I am still pursuing that dual world show and world hunt champion in the same hound. I am so close I can taste it. the next cross or two should give me what I am looking for. Got one in the cooker now that I am sure going to push in that direction. I sent you a pm on that.

Got old Spring Creek Rock like 15 times, but with any live breeding these days, it is off the papers away. all around the 6th and 7th gen.

Old Post 04-29-2013 03:44 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey Nutt

do you have any of your old articles on breeding you could send me by email or mail? would like to read over them again.
also what is your opinion on when the genetics of a dog start to deminish in a cross that is made? i.e. does a major dogs traits still show up after 3 or 4 generations if not line bred back to.

I think some of the color does, like some of the old martins Hi style dogs that looked like preacher...well you can see that all black running down the legs at least 5 to 6 generations later. Just makes me wonder about other characteristics like mouth, tracking etc.

Old Post 04-29-2013 03:50 AM
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

Needs 10 points to make Ch and a 3rd or better to be NiteCh

He is available for Inspection or Breeding at this time for a Limited time! He will be bred to select females only . I am not worried about people saying mine will cross good on him! I want to see the female in the Timber if she cant do it alone and tree coon she will not be bred PERIOD!. Stud fee is $250 will increase as his titles do!

..............NITECH CH SPRING CREEK C.B.
..........GRNITECH GRCH SPRING CREEK ROCK
..............WILLOW SLOUGH KATE
....GRNITECH GRCH ODYSSEYS ELIMINATOR
..............NITECH MOORES OHIO ROCK (KANSAS ROCK)
..........NITECH ODYSSEYS SPRING CREEK MAGGIE
..............NITECH MOORES LITTLE MAGGIE ( SPRING CREEK RADAR)
LAY-UPS SPRING CREEK PENETRATOR (WAVE)9-5-2014
..............GRNITECH RUBLES DIE-HARD LIPPER
..........GRNITECH RUBLES DIE-HARD JACKPOT
..............NITECH COOTS ROCKIN LADY (ELIMINATOR X'S DOT)
....NITECH CH GILLESPIES LAY-UP LIZZY(NEEDS 2 WINS TO GRAND)
..............GRCH GRNITECH BIG CREEK RAT-TAT
..........JENKINS PINE LAKE TRACY
..............GRNITECH GRCH LIPPERS LITTLE LADY

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 11-19-2016 11:31 AM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiekhofers_walk
UKC Forum Member

spring creek blood

I have two littermate sisters who are directly off neosho river money Maker and a Doug Meyer's bred/ spring creek bred female.

Money maker, is has a bunch of spring creek blood in him. Neosho river, kansas dancer, dohoneys all these dogs go back to rock. And maker is full of this blood.
On the bottom side, Meyer's blood has neosho river, spring creek, house and finley river. If you look back rocks all over in the ped.

Old Post 02-17-2017 12:20 AM
kiekhofers_walk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiekhofers_walk Click here to Send kiekhofers_walk a Private Message Click Here to Email kiekhofers_walk Find more posts by kiekhofers_walk Add kiekhofers_walk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Gillespie
UKC Forum Member

Here is some Rock for ya!!!!!

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Old Post 02-17-2017 10:42 AM
Jason Gillespie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Gillespie Click here to Send Jason Gillespie a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Gillespie Find more posts by Jason Gillespie Add Jason Gillespie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I owned a male Born 2001 got run over in 2002. Best young dog I ever owned. Was a natural . He showed Spring creek Fred, Sue, Slobberin Mike, FR Rock, Dohoney's Boone and Spice in three gen.

I now own a young female granddaughter of Spring Creek Rock, on top side with Fred, FR Rock, And SC Sounder on the bottom side. Hope she makes close to The male I had.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-25-2017 07:11 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

cripple creek

Hey Cripple Creek, I just crossed Jesse with Jezz. How much Rock is there?

Old Post 02-26-2017 10:53 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.Conaway
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HistoryNutt
[/QUOTQUO
Just wondering if any dogs left from this cross or semen from them? Thanks Gary

Old Post 02-27-2017 12:23 AM
G.Conaway is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Conaway Click here to Send G.Conaway a Private Message Click Here to Email G.Conaway Find more posts by G.Conaway Add G.Conaway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey matt

I'm out of town right now. I'll check those pedigrees when I get back home.
Glad you did. That old blood you got needs to be saved through getting them bred. I'll holler at you bout the end of the week.

Old Post 02-27-2017 05:23 AM
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Rock

Old Post 07-23-2022 03:41 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote