UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Not one Dead Cast
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Not one Dead Cast

Correct me if I wrong but I didn't see one dead cast early or late! Good job guides.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2019 02:34 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

I think the fact that they used hunting judges for 1st time that I can remember may have had something to do with it.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 09-20-2019 05:36 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ellie Mae
UKC Forum Member

And all cast winners made it through round 2!!!

Debbie Killough
501-412-2760

Old Post 09-20-2019 05:46 PM
Ellie Mae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ellie Mae Click here to Send Ellie Mae a Private Message Click Here to Email Ellie Mae Find more posts by Ellie Mae Add Ellie Mae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
I think the fact that they used hunting judges for 1st time that I can remember may have had something to do with it.

Now you have me wondering how many cast were won by the Judges dogs? it'd be interesting

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 09-20-2019 05:49 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Looks like a better class of dogs and handlers to me. 10k will do that.

Old Post 09-20-2019 05:52 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HERSHSHUNTIN
Now you have me wondering how many cast were won by the Judges dogs? it'd be interesting

A hunting judge is at a disadvantage in a cast. Not the other way around

Old Post 09-20-2019 05:55 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

I didn't mean they had an advantage or disadvantage--was just wondering what percentage came out on top

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
Dogs I have owned
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 09-20-2019 06:46 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How many questions were brought back?

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:02 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis Spunkmeyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:

THAT MUST BE WHY ALL THEM LONE PINE DOGS GOT SMOKED ?

Old Post 09-20-2019 07:20 PM
Otis Spunkmeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Spunkmeyer Click here to Send Otis Spunkmeyer a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Spunkmeyer Add Otis Spunkmeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

HERSHSHUNTIN

Recheck casts from last night. I'm pretty sure the top handler listed was the judge for the cast. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-20-2019 08:11 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: HERSHSHUNTIN

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
Recheck casts from last night. I'm pretty sure the top handler listed was the judge for the cast. Take care, Ron.

Thank you Rolllin Blues--if this is correct looks like the iudges dogs won 5 cast out of 26 won, that is under 20%--looks like a good hunt with all cast seeing coon

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
Dogs I have owned
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 09-20-2019 08:57 PM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Not always,not when you cover up for a weakness in your hound,like a weak mouth that you can't hear very far,and with road noise,and you go back to where the dog was heard last, apply the 8 correctly and stay and listen for the dog,and not walk until you hear the dog,just 1 example.I would of sat down on a log and not moved until you either hear the dog,or the 8 is up and the dog is minused.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-20-2019 09:59 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike

Your example is not the best dog winning or being a good sportsman. Dave

Old Post 09-20-2019 10:31 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Your example is not the best dog winning or being a good sportsman. Dave

Or if you are watching your garmin and walking toward where your dog is at...and not running the time on the dog.....

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-20-2019 10:36 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Van Dusen
Or if you are watching your garmin and walking toward where your dog is at...and not running the time on the dog.....

If the cast allows a judge to do that they are to blame as well.

I've judged all over the country, and I assure you no handler wants to be the hunting judge.

Old Post 09-20-2019 11:52 PM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Mike

quote:
If the cast allows a judge to do that they are to blame as well.

I've judged all over the country, and I assure you no handler wants to be the hunting judge.

I was born at night but not last night, I CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS A BIG ADVANTAGE!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:07 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike

Why would the other cast members tolerate this type of behavior? Like Josh said, if they do it's the cast at fault not just the judge. A hunting judge can be over ruled and s NON HUNTING JUDGES can not. Any one can make a mistake, I would prefer the chance to over rule a hunting judge in case of a mistake. AND not be at the mercy of a non hunting judges bad call. I respect your opinion, just giving mine. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:17 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

It happened Dave..

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:26 AM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

I was not on the cast,this was questioned,MH would not listen,said he was going with his judge,end of story,dog was leash locked long enough to tree 2 real live racoons, while all this was going on,just bad break I guess,oh well,their will be other hunts.

But if anyone thinks judge doesn't have a lot of influence,and top handlers don't want the card,in my opinion wrong answer.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Last edited by Mike Van Dusen on 09-21-2019 at 12:38 AM

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:29 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mike

quote:
I was born at night but not last night, I CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS A BIG ADVANTAGE!

Only it isn't.

Have you judged a lot of major events? When you did, did it feel like you had a huge advantage?

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:39 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

I have not judged major events but I have judged before,I suppose your opinion is the only one that counts on here right.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:42 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I have not judged major events but I have judged before,I suppose your opinion is the only one that counts on here right.

Not at all. But normally I would take the opinion of a handler that has judged large hunts as a hunting judge then someone that hasn't.

By all means, don't take my word for it. Ask the guys that have to do it all the time and see what they say.

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:45 AM
RYAN WHITEAKER
UKC Forum Member

Looks like quite a few dogs that frequent PKC hunts. Didn’t know they could tree real live coons

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:48 AM
RYAN WHITEAKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RYAN WHITEAKER Click here to Send RYAN WHITEAKER a Private Message Click Here to Email RYAN WHITEAKER Find more posts by RYAN WHITEAKER Add RYAN WHITEAKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

For one thing the big timers get the card and don't hunt against some of the other big timers,cause they get the card,then they ride home together....after they split.I have seen that,and yes they wanted the card,knew they would judge before they arrived at club house,but what do I know,I just noticed.Your right again......

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-21-2019 12:52 AM
l p w
UKC Forum Member

Leash locked

I'm just curious what happened to the dog that was leash locked did it have two eyes looking down when it was put on a leash and then had to walk to all the other dogs trees or was it a circle or a slick tree just curious

Old Post 09-21-2019 01:29 AM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote