UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I watched a bunch of them.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

I watched a bunch of them.

Probly this years world hunt was the best I ever watched and sombody had to taint it that sombody probly couldn’t even get qualified.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2019 01:46 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't let a keyboard troll ruin anything. Just ignore ignorance my friend. The trolls only have a voice if we feed into their ignorance

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 09-28-2019 01:50 AM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I thought the same thing, made me mad. And I don't get mad very easy. Good clean hunt, a coon treeing contest like it's supposed to be and someone has to pop off at the mouth, or at least at the keyboard.
Heard it said that it's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Old Post 09-28-2019 02:27 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

X2, one of the best hunts that I can remember. It's a shame what some folks will do for a little attention, unfortunately we gave him some, remember that crazy show jackasses and all the stupid things they done for attention. Low self esteem is at the root of this type of behavior. Nuff said. Dave

Old Post 09-28-2019 02:29 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I do not know trevorwade09...but he did a fine job on the play by play...made me feel like I was there...I immediately took a liking to that Ace dog and thought he was going to do it...but all 4 dogs were tops coon hunting machines...

Trevorwade09...if you read this...thank you for a fine job, I felt like I was there...

Emmy stuck, 100! Fairy for 75, off to the west.

* Bonnie struck for 50 out in front of the cast. Ace for 25, in that same direction.

* Ace treed! 125. Bonnie, right behind him for 75!

* Ace and Bonnie aren't but 100 yards from where they cut the dogs. Close. Hammering.

* Cast is moving in to Ace and Bonnie. Fairy is moving along nicely with her track, now off towards the south.

* Tree time is up, dogs are being handled.

* That didn't take but a minute...... plus up Ace and Bonnie!

* Back up a second..... Fairy was called treed south of the cast for 125 , while they were shining that first tree.

* Ace and Bonnie are recut.

* Ace struck back in for 50.

* Bonnie back on the card for 25 strike, same area as Ace.

* The cast is headed south towards Fairy......

* Closing in on Fairy now....... Emmy is in the same area as Fairy still.

* Uh... oh...... no dog at the tree......???

* Fairy is in the tree! 10 feet up.

* Monty wastes no time shimmy-ing up the leaning tree and gets her collared. She's back down and all is good. Start your shine time.

* Tree Emmy for 125! She is 40 yards from Fairy.

* Judge Jack, has found Fairy's coon. Plus her up!

* Fairy is recast. Four minutes gone on Emmy's tree.

* Emmy's tree is closed and she is being handled. Fairy now retsruck for 25.

* Three coons in Emmy's tree! Plus her up, as well.

*Walking away from the tree to recast Emmy. Trevor is also sending a notice out to the locals; "if anyone has any land for sale around here, contact me. This is COON COUNTRY!"

* Emmy struck back in to the east of the cast for 25.

* The dogs are now getting scattered. The cast is looking to split the differences, as best as possible.

* Another dog treed off to the east.........

* It's Ace! Brett calls him for 125.

*uh....... put the two on Ace.

* Two is broke, on Ace..... but put it back on again.

* Unofficially, around an hour and 15 minutes remaining in the hunt.

* Lost connection with TWade there for a minute. Emmy treed for 75, same area as Ace.

*Bonnie hasn't been heard in a good while. Fairy is getting deeper, and deeper. Still running.

*Ace is back on trail. Minus his 125 on tree.

* Moving in on Emmy now. Five is up. Tree Fairy! 125, off in the distance.

* The cast is shining Emmy's tree. Nothing so far.

* Score Emmy's tree. Circle.

Emmy is back off leash again, and cast is headed towards Fairy.

* Approx, and hour gone and and hour remains in this coon hunt.

* The cast has arrived at Fairy's tree. Only one dog here. It's Bonnie.

* Hang on..... Fairy is in the tree.... again. This time asst Judge Blaine Stout volunteers to climb this one.

* Fairy is 18 feet up this time. Meanwhile........ tree Ace for 125, off to the south of the cast.

* Ok, Fairy is back on solid ground, all is good. Shine time started, lights in tree.

*This is a den tree. Cast is testing the reeds in their squallers. Nothing yet.

* Circle up Fairy's tree. Her and Bonnie are being led away from the tree to recut them.

* Go grab another snack and a fresh beverage, while the cast heads to Ace. Fairy and Bonnie are off in the dark again.

*The cast has arrived at Ace's tree. 43 minutes remaining in the World Hunt.

* Still shining.....

*Circle Ace's tree. No coon found.

Ace has been recast. All strike positions open again.

Unofficial Scores:
Emmy - 225+
Ace - 25+
Fairy - 200+
Bonnie - 125+

* Ace struck for 100!, Emmy struck for 75, waaay north of the cast.

* The cast is headed north in an attempt to split the difference between Ace and Emmy. Captain Jack, informs the cast he has 33 minutes left on his hunt time watch.

* Emmy treed for 125!

* Bonnie struck for 50 and tree her for 125!

* The is getting closer to Emmy. 500 yards to go.

* The cast has arrived at Emmy's tree. Lane has her handled. Start the clock Captain.

* Plus her up! Emmy has another one.

* Fairy is struck for 25, northwest of the cast. Lane opted to keep Emmy on the leash, while the cast is now walking towards Bonnie.

* Ace treed for 125! He is northwest of the cast.

* Bonnie is taking a break. Put the two minute clock on her.

Let's check the unofficial score at this point.
Emmy - 425+
Ace - 25+ (225 pending)
Fairy - 200+
Bonnie - 125+ (175 pending)

*Two caught Bonnie. Minus her 125 tree points. The cast is making a turn towards Ace. Lane Denny still chooses to keep Emmy on the leash. Captain Jack says, he has 7 minutes left in the hunt.

Arrived at Ace's tree. The cast finds his coon right away. Plus him up.

*Ace and Emmy are on the lead, waiting for a dog to open. There's Fairy..... Ace and Emmy are both recast.

*40 seconds left when Ace and Emmy are recast.

* Tree Fairy! 125! Strike Ace for 25 and tree him for 125, 30 yards in front of the cast! Fairy is off in the distance.

* Hunts Over. Two trees to scored. Stay tuned.

Emmy 425+
Ace 250+ (150 pending)
Fairy 200+ (150 pending)
Bonnie 0.

Ok, the cast handled Ace and shined his tree. He's got a kitten (coon). Plus him up. The cast is now headed towards Fairy to score her.

* Fairy's tree is circled. Just waiting to confirm official scores.

It's official. Emmy is the 2019 World Champion!

Final scores:
Emmy 425+ CW
Ace 400+
Fairy 200+
Bonnie 0

Congrats to Lane Denny and Carl Reed on winning the Championship with Emmy.

Congrats to Brett Meyers and Ace on the runner up finish, Monty Gusse and Fairy third, and Dennis Steinhauser and Bonnie fourth.

Emmy $10,000
Ace $3500
Fairy $2500
Bonnie $2000

Last edited by trevorwade09 on 09-21-2019 at 10:56 PM

Old Post 09-28-2019 12:30 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Double posted...

Last edited by Reuben on 09-28-2019 at 10:42 PM

Old Post 09-28-2019 12:40 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

That is a great play by play

I’ve never done a comp hunt, and I usually get confused by most play by plays (well... I can’t just limit it to that), but I can pretty much make sense of this now. This really helped me. Thanks Trevor.

Old Post 09-28-2019 01:32 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote