UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Breeding Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KountyLineKenne
UKC Forum Member

Breeding Question

I have a little female that I am interested in breeding. I am a pleasure hunter and I looking to breed to a dog that produces good quality coondogs. I am looking for a coon in the tree not just a tree. I live in middle Tennessee but can drive a little to get to the right male. I will post my females pedigree in hopes someone will know how certain bloodlines cross. My female is a small dog, about 45 lbs., ball mouth on the ground and chop on the tree. Thanks in advance for all the advice. Oh yeah she started bleeding yesterday.

-------------- Ball's Stylish Harry
--------Stylish Harry's Freak Show
--------------Smoky Mtn. Witch
-----Woodards All Grand Spiderman
-------------- Hard Rock Cafe
---------Hard Rock Daisy
--------------Raiders Barbie Doll

Katie

--------------X Jr.
--------Turpin's Insane Cain
--------------Insane Jane
-----Woodard Insane Minnie Mouse
--------------Rat Attack
--------Fisher's Malden Branch Mouse
--------------Still's Stylish Sally

Thanks again,
Duane

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-2015 01:35 PM
KountyLineKenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KountyLineKenne Click here to Send KountyLineKenne a Private Message Click Here to Email KountyLineKenne Find more posts by KountyLineKenne Add KountyLineKenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

What traits does she have and what traits are you looking for in the pups?

Old Post 11-23-2015 12:16 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KountyLineKenne
UKC Forum Member

She tries to be an honest strike and tree dog. She has a ball mouth on the ground and chop on tree. She aims to please, if she trees I pet her on the head if she comes back empty handed I pet her on the head. I like to hear her strike and hear her tree, not be a mile away. She will back another dog and let a puppy tree with her, she hasn't got a mean bone in her.
That kinda sums her up and well I guess that's the traits I am looking for in a male. One that is known to produce very easy going, not ill at all hounds. I hunt with kids and friends, we do not have time for an aggressive hound. Doesn't have to be a big high powered hound, just a real pleasure to hunt. I would really like to find a male that can reproduce pups that will pass on those traits.

I hope this helps some.
Thanks,
Duane

Old Post 11-23-2015 04:30 AM
KountyLineKenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KountyLineKenne Click here to Send KountyLineKenne a Private Message Click Here to Email KountyLineKenne Find more posts by KountyLineKenne Add KountyLineKenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote