UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Hillbilly Deluxe Pedigree
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harveycmd
UKC Forum Member

Hillbilly Deluxe Pedigree

Does anyone have a pedigree of Hillbilly Deluxe handy they can post?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2015 01:03 PM
harveycmd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harveycmd Click here to Send harveycmd a Private Message Click Here to Email harveycmd Find more posts by harveycmd Add harveycmd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Sire: White Trash
Dam: Crocker's Quick Flash

Trash is out of Whitey, and Flash is out of Cord and Threat.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-07-2015 06:40 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Sire: Stylish Clover
Dam: Gadd's Indiana Singin YaYa

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-07-2015 10:04 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Scott's Crooked Creek Threat was born here at my house. She was out of Sackett Jr. and my female Dolly.

Now, Dolly was heavy bred Hickory Nut Harry, but no Ball's Stylish Harry.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-18-2015 05:50 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Dolly's sire was Hickory Hill Little Jack. The gentlemen who owned him had several females who were related to Ohio Diamond. Ohio Diamond was directly out of Hickory Nut Harry. This same gentleman believed in line breeding.

I knew all this and have selected several dogs through the years that went back to Harry numerous times. Then there is the fact that Dolly was line bred her self.

Aim small miss small

Last edited by Larry Atherton on 05-20-2015 at 02:27 AM

Old Post 05-20-2015 02:24 AM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
Dolly's sire was Hickory Hill Little Jack. The gentlemen who owned him had several females who were related to Ohio Diamond. Ohio Diamond was directly out of Hickory Nut Harry. This same gentleman believed in line breeding.

I knew all this and have selected several dogs through the years that went back to Harry numerous times. Then there is the fact that Dolly was line bred her self.

Larry, what specific traits does the linrbreeding on old Harry bring to the table?

Old Post 05-21-2015 10:26 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I have heard many good things and bad about line breeding Harry dogs. Jack dog's had a lot of track (Sailor, Nance, and Hershberger). I think that Harry probably balanced that out with tree.

John, people are still piling that breeding up today. Just look at how many have line breed Bozo dogs.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-22-2015 03:52 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
I have heard many good things and bad about line breeding Harry dogs. Jack dog's had a lot of track (Sailor, Nance, and Hershberger). I think that Harry probably balanced that out with tree.

John, people are still piling that breeding up today. Just look at how many have line breed Bozo dogs.

Thanks.

I know the Harry blood makes tree dogs.

I was just wondering if there was anything else you had in mind by linebreeding on him.

Old Post 05-22-2015 04:15 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

John I did it not because of what i knew Harry threw. I did it because the gentleman from Ohio had such great success crossing it with his dogs. I knew what they did when combined.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-22-2015 08:48 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

It was basically just a component in a recipe you knew worked well.

Got it.

Old Post 05-22-2015 10:31 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Morgan's Penny was Diamond's mother. Penny was out of Norman's Coon Stopper and Cypress Creek Beulah. Beulah was out of House's Bawlie. Stopper was out of Rain's Banjo Jr. and Hershberger's Kansas Babe.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 05-25-2015 12:03 AM