UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Girls Hunt Too!
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

oh wow I didn't realize that when I changed my signature it would go back and automatically change it on every post I've ever written. cool lol. I can't wait to get some letters in front of sam's name too. don't know what to do about his mom, nothing I can do about it I guess.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2014 03:55 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Ole sam is bred up real nice. Should be a natural. Hes got the looks to boot. Cant wait to see some pics of him under the meat. Do you hunt pkc? Plan on haveing my dads pup at the baby stakes in april. I think keiths gonna handle him. Just hope their deer aint very thick. He loves to open on a whitetail. Lol

Old Post 01-23-2014 05:25 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

thanks, I think so too. we haven't had him in any hunts yet. I think the closest pkc hunt this year is still to far away for us to attend. I guess we will hunt around here locally. and I won't be doing that until it warms up some. i'm not used to this kind of weather again yet I can't handle getting out in the hill as cold as its been. good luck with your pup where's a picture of him?

Old Post 01-23-2014 05:36 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I dont know how to post pics. Im a little slow when it comes to tecnology. Your better off waiting till it warms up any way. Coons aint moveing much and it hurts a pup more than it helps them. My pups gonna run something every night you turn him loose. And if coons aint moveing he will find something else. Its just turning into a habit. A bad habit thats hard to break. If he was mine id put the tri tronic around his neck and teach him quick. But dad seems to think running deer teachs them to push a track and dont want him broke just yet. But he aint the one out their in the cold waiting on him to come in. Lol

Old Post 01-23-2014 07:23 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

Aneisa

You've got a houndy looking dog on your hands! I, personally, like a dog with a heavier look/feel unlike a lot of the small boned dogs that are starting to pop up.

If you're looking to hit the show ring with him I can offer up some advice.

- Work with him to stand still on the bench. Start out keeping him still for about 30secs and build it up to several minutes.

- Gaiting. Having your dog gait nicely on a loose lead is very important so the judges can see how he moves.

- If possible, practice in a mirror so you can see how your dog looks.

- Bathe your dog before a show and mist on Show Sheen to give him a soft and shiny coat.

- After the show, ask the judge what they liked/disliked about your dog and what you could do to improve.

Just some helpful tips if you're interested.

Old Post 01-23-2014 09:47 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl coon hunting is my life. I cant wait for it to get dark. Kinda like a big kid watching the weather. Lol i know they aint moveing but i want to be their in case they do. I dont ever shoot them out cause you know my circumstances. But just to hear him come on that wood is more than enough for me. Man i dream coon huntin. Cant wait for the weather to break just a little so i can hunt the hair off these pups. Dad and i dont see eye to eye on how we want our hounds to be. He wants a hound thar gets opened quick and one to get deep by his self. I would rather for mine to strike last and tree first and have the meat than to run something out of hearing and then come back. But thats my dad and i wouldnt tell him hes wrong but i beleive hes been talkin to keith to much. Lol

Old Post 01-23-2014 11:43 PM
ngs91
UKC Forum Member

pup

hey aneshia i have a litter mate to your pup and the grand nite dog i have is a litter mate to our pups mother the guy who raised the pups dont hunt i bought the grand nite dog off his neighbor whenhe was about 14 mnths old he told me when he bought his off james that his neighber bought 2 females and had never hunted them thats a shame just wasted james told me if hed known he wouldnt hunted them he wouldnt have sold themGRN NITE CH ALL GRAND INSANE TRAIN nice hound

Old Post 01-24-2014 02:03 PM
ngs91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngs91 Click here to Send ngs91 a Private Message Click Here to Email ngs91 Find more posts by ngs91 Add ngs91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Laura, thank you so much for the tips! I am new to all this and am trying to learn as much as I can. I wonder where I can get the Show Sheen you mentioned. Maybe one of the vets around here will have it or know where I can get it. Or I do know of one pet store not too far away that might carry something like that. You're right, Sam is gonna be a big one. I don't mind as long as he is obedient, I can't have him dragging me around all over the place especially when I am trying to show him! So far he is doing pretty good with leading and heeling but he refuses to sit. I use both light punishment and rewards to correct him but he doesn't seem to care about either one sometimes he just wants to do what he wants to do.
Please post or private message me anytime you think of something that might help me in my training of Sam. I am very grateful for any instruction. Thanks!

Old Post 01-24-2014 02:15 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Re: pup

quote:
Originally posted by ngs91
hey aneshia i have a litter mate to your pup and the grand nite dog i have is a litter mate to our pups mother the guy who raised the pups dont hunt i bought the grand nite dog off his neighbor whenhe was about 14 mnths old he told me when he bought his off james that his neighber bought 2 females and had never hunted them thats a shame just wasted james told me if hed known he wouldnt hunted them he wouldnt have sold themGRN NITE CH ALL GRAND INSANE TRAIN nice hound

Is Insane Train the name of your dog? LoL that was one of the possible names that I came up with as well! Good thing I didn't choose that one for we would have 2 with the same name! It is a shame about the mother of our pups. I'm wondering how old she is. I wish someone who wouldn't mind investing the time in her would buy her from the guy that has her now. With her bloodline she could be an incredible dog and no one will ever know. It's also not fair to her because hunting is bred into a dog like that and she should get the opportunity to do it. So how is Sam's litter mate progressing??? I would love to see a picture of him/her too!

Old Post 01-24-2014 02:19 PM
ngs91
UKC Forum Member

pup

my grn nite dog is 3 we finished him in dec 19 degrees big moon treed 3 singles he was deep and by his self on 2 of them my pup looks just like yours there was a female to thing maybe she went to main maybejames had her and the one you haveat 4 and a hal mnths old mine treed a coon we turned loose for him ive hunted this stock of dogs for yrs i wont have nothin else you can look at mine hes on my face book page eastfork kennels

Old Post 01-24-2014 02:28 PM
ngs91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngs91 Click here to Send ngs91 a Private Message Click Here to Email ngs91 Find more posts by ngs91 Add ngs91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

cool! I will go check out your page

Old Post 01-24-2014 02:38 PM
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSam
Laura, thank you so much for the tips! I am new to all this and am trying to learn as much as I can. I wonder where I can get the Show Sheen you mentioned. Maybe one of the vets around here will have it or know where I can get it. Or I do know of one pet store not too far away that might carry something like that. You're right, Sam is gonna be a big one. I don't mind as long as he is obedient, I can't have him dragging me around all over the place especially when I am trying to show him! So far he is doing pretty good with leading and heeling but he refuses to sit. I use both light punishment and rewards to correct him but he doesn't seem to care about either one sometimes he just wants to do what he wants to do.
Please post or private message me anytime you think of something that might help me in my training of Sam. I am very grateful for any instruction. Thanks!

Tractor Supply carries it. It's actually something that horse people use to make their horses shiny for shows, but it works great on dogs too!
Practice, Practice, Practice! And you and your pup will be a great team.

Old Post 01-24-2014 05:32 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christianna181
UKC Forum Member

Haha yes he will! It took me forever to get that picture! He is so squirmy but he's a sweetheart! I will get to work with him some this weekend so I will keep you updated!!

Old Post 01-29-2014 12:05 AM
Christianna181 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christianna181 Click here to Send Christianna181 a Private Message Find more posts by Christianna181 Add Christianna181 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Christianna181
Haha yes he will! It took me forever to get that picture! He is so squirmy but he's a sweetheart! I will get to work with him some this weekend so I will keep you updated!!

Hi Christi, good to hear back from you Did you tell me how old Slim is? He looks a little younger than Sam, and Sam is still squirmy but not nearly as bad as he used to be. Are you tired of this weather like I am? I hear we are expecting a heat wave up near fifty this weekend so I'm hoping to spend some time working with Sam this weekend too. Can't wait to see how our dogs turn out after we've had time to get them in line

Old Post 01-29-2014 02:03 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

sounds good. I've got honey buns if you need me to bring a couple of those. i'll get the apples on the way home. I hope we can catch the coon tonight and use him this weekend.

Old Post 01-30-2014 03:44 PM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

Your dogs grandmother Mountain Ridge Julie came from up my area, hunted with her quite a bit in the nite hunts. Also drawn a couple littermates to your dogs mother too.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 02-02-2014 02:11 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Autumn Clements
Your dogs grandmother Mountain Ridge Julie came from up my area, hunted with her quite a bit in the nite hunts. Also drawn a couple littermates to your dogs mother too.

Were they pretty good dogs? I don't know a whole lot about the dam's side of Sam's pedigree...I'm wondering if his mother's littermates turned out, as I've heard that the overall achievement of a parent's littermates can be an good indicator of how well a pup will do.

Old Post 02-13-2014 02:29 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

First drag

Here is Sam treeing on his first dragged coon skin. He barked a whole lot but I don't think he has opened up and got as loud as he eventually will. I was pleased with how the first drag turned out.

Old Post 02-13-2014 02:32 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-13-2014 02:39 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Looks good. Hopefully the weather is starting to get better so these pups can get in the woods. Id say his voice is gonna change a whole lot before hes a year old. I know my pup sure has changed. He went from chops to long bawls on the track, and from a long bawl locate to a long howl locate. His voice is still changeing. You can tell to cause sometimes he sounds almost hoarse.

Old Post 02-13-2014 04:22 PM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSam
Were they pretty good dogs? I don't know a whole lot about the dam's side of Sam's pedigree...I'm wondering if his mother's littermates turned out, as I've heard that the overall achievement of a parent's littermates can be an good indicator of how well a pup will do.

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Here's a video of our Insane Cain male

http://s965.beta.photobucket.com/us...6b2c95.mp4.html

Here is NTCH North Mountain Mort who would be a littermate to your dogs mother. He is independent, to a fault IMO. Has huge mouth.

His grandmother GRNTCH GRCH Mountain Ridge Julie
She liked to pack. Tight on track. Chop both ways. Had a nice mouth too

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 02-17-2014 09:33 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Wow! Mort looks great! I sue hope Sam takes after his Uncle that dog has a loud mouth for sure. I think Sam will be independent too, for he is being trained by himself for the most part right now. Thanks for answering, this is the first I've heard about Sam's mother's side & it's good to hear some good news

Old Post 02-18-2014 02:41 PM
jj_jackson
UKC Forum Member

Insane sam

Thats a fine looking young dog Carl.. jj

Old Post 02-21-2014 07:03 PM
jj_jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jj_jackson Click here to Send jj_jackson a Private Message Visit jj_jackson's homepage! Find more posts by jj_jackson Add jj_jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl just do aniesa like dad does me. Bring a pup in and drop it off and say hunt it. He goes about once a month or so when i run into some problem i cant figure out. He shows me how to correct the problem and im back pushing him alone. I think hes decided to just hand the reins over to me after he treed a opposum the other night dad beat him for probly 5 mins with it and turned him back loose and it wasnt long he was treed again. Dad looked at me and said thats how its done. Bet ya $5 its a coon and i said ill take that bet. Sure enough it was another opposum. Then another opposum aftet that. This dog doesnt take a beating real well. He reacts more to the shock collor better. I broke him off deer with it so i guess ill opposum break him with it to. He caught a skunk the night before last boy was that fun. Lol

Old Post 02-21-2014 08:15 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Just sold a female box pup to a guy and it was a mistake. She had a huge mouth. Better than the male im hunting. The guy says shes starting to tree with the older dogs some. I sold her cause her dams side wasnt really bred good. But now i wish i had her back. I tell you though the first few months witha pup is buetiful but once they get going and start doing things they arent suppose to it makes you want to pull your hair out. Tonight they look great tomorrow night id like to have a rifle. Lol just part of hunting a young dog. Sometimes i forget his age. And then i think most pups aint no were near were
Near were he is at his age. He could use some more mouth though. Dont know why but all these box dogs have had weak mouths. Some worse than others.

Old Post 02-21-2014 08:55 PM