UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > score this?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

score this?

three dogs a.b.c treed one dog d working track in different direction tree is closed walking to the tree 75 +- yards from the tree dogs stop treeing and leave 50 yards you can see four kids standing back from the tree dog a is handled and led to the tree the kids said they were on the kids are not part of the cast ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2019 03:27 AM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Unfortunately there is no rule that covers what happened and dogs are to be scored as if those kids were not in the woods.
A common sense ruling would be to delete and go on but it doesn't exist and there is no such thing in the Time Out section or delete section of the rules. If the dogs had trailed into other dogs instead of people interfering you would have a leg to stand on though the intent is for cast getting together it is not does not specify. Did they have dogs with them, the rule states dogs not cast lol.
Interference by outside sources is something that UKC probably needs to address. There have been to many instances of things out of a dogs and handlers control that affect the outcome of hunts that maybe aren't dangerous and don't involve roads or posted land.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-24-2019 04:35 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

mafia

dogs a.b.c should have been minused ? should handler of dog a been scratched for handling his dog off the tree and leading the dog to the tree ? no the kids had no dogs with them.

Old Post 06-24-2019 11:32 AM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Unfortunately there is no rule that covers what happened and dogs are to be scored as if those kids were not in the woods......

Why is that??? If there is no rule against it, why can't you just say the kids interfered with the dogs treeing and delete their strike and tree points? What rule deals with interference? I looked and couldn't find it?

Old Post 06-24-2019 02:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Re: mafia

quote:
Originally posted by 100%hunter
dogs a.b.c should have been minused ? should handler of dog a been scratched for handling his dog off the tree and leading the dog to the tree ? no the kids had no dogs with them.

What rule would you use to scratch the dog that was handled?
Just wondering.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 06-24-2019 03:32 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: score this?

quote:
three dogs a.b.c treed one dog d working track in different direction tree is closed walking to the tree 75 +- yards from the tree dogs stop treeing and leave 50 yards you can see four kids standing back from the tree dog a is handled and led to the tree the kids said they were on the kids are not part of the cast ?

I think everyone is a little confused by how you worded the question. At least I am. What I think I do get is handler A handled a dog off the tree. This is going to totally be up to the judge. Did he see the dog on the tree and told handlers to handle their dogs? If so everything is fine. If you couldn't see the dogs and the dog just met you that far and was handled then that is a different story.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-24-2019 03:54 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Re: mafia

quote:

What rule would you use to scratch the dog that was handled?
Just wondering.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 06-24-2019 08:10 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I am going to put my 2 Cents in for what it is worth and learned right or wrong over the years.
Then separate them to my understanding .
Every since I first started going to nite hunts it has been forced, pounded ,beaten into my head that if you handle a dog without the judges permission you can be scratched. I never questioned it.
You grab your dog without thought as it is about to cross a road. Bam you are told you are scratched or the question is asked did you with draw your dog ?
That said , there are implied scratches. Scratches that are not specifically wrote in the scratch-able offenses rules (# 6 ). They are not there yet you can be scratched if you commit them.
Those unwrote implied scratches are usually for rules addressed in the nite hunt honor rules, state specifically cannot be done and the penalties for doing them not written. Of course rules that are wrote that specifically say what you are not allowed to do that will get you scratched.
Technically Rule (6) (i) could probably be applied for the scratch rule I guess. Any device used to control dog prior to completion of cast. Your leash???HHMMM.

Here is the caveat... rule 4(e) deals with dogs being called off a track being minus. I still remember before the card reformat the rule specifically saying "no dog is to be called off trail without those points being minus.
In the above scene the dog came back to the handler and was caught/ handled. I know,I know. The judge did not give permission. The whole situation had already played out. The dog had already left the tree and came in to the cast.Under normal circumstances you ignore the dog and go to the treed dogs with the other most likely following you there then getting handled.
So myself, I would have probably applied the rule to deal with dogs being caught off trail and handled. And that rule says minus points. So in this case that's what I would have thought to do .
And because interference could legitimately not be called .Even thought it was not mentioned seems calling time out should had happened also at that point.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 06-24-2019 at 10:48 PM

Old Post 06-24-2019 08:54 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

joey

dog a was handled 50 yards from the tree and put on the tree the kids said it was on none of the dogs were seen on any tree.sorry for not being more detailed.

Old Post 06-24-2019 09:49 PM
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

Mr lambert

in a post just below this one it mentions coyotes coming into the tree on a dog and it's called a bad break not interference? also Mr lambert read your comment in that post (interference)

Last edited by 100%hunter on 06-24-2019 at 10:03 PM

Old Post 06-24-2019 10:00 PM
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

?

cricket's LOL

Old Post 06-25-2019 11:56 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: joey

quote:
dog a was handled 50 yards from the tree and put on the tree the kids said it was on none of the dogs were seen on any tree.sorry for not being more detailed.

So no dogs where ever seen on a tree and handler A caught his dog and took it to a tree? The judge has to give instructions for the dog to be handled. Was it the judges dog? Either way the dog is minused track and tree.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-26-2019 10:09 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

joey

Yes it was the judges dog!!and no dogs were seen on the tree.

Old Post 06-27-2019 02:14 AM