UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon Hunt gets Wild
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
erlandcooner
UKC Forum Member

Coon Hunt gets Wild

Lastnight here in the bottom lands of South Central Oklahoma, something very strange happened. I usually hunt by myself which isn't always the smartest thing to do. I turned loose shortly after dark, and rite off got a strike, which was exciting because it has been so hot I've not hunted very much, then 120 yards later, bam locate 3 yo yo's, and solid chop. Then after about 30 seconds my Dog Journey sounds like he is fighting something for a short time, and takes out about 30 yards, then goes back to the tree, and it is a repeat, and when Journey gives the 3 yo yo's he just doesn't move, but now he has moved 2 times. Eventually about 2 minutes later he goes back and sounds to be fighting, I start in to him, and about 20 feet from him, Bee's swarm on me and are all over him also, I yell come on, he comes to me and we get out, both of us with a lot of Sting's. They were honey Bee's. Has this happened to any of you, or anything else out of the ordinary you'd like to share for us to read and maybe look out for?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-11-2020 08:27 PM
erlandcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for erlandcooner Click here to Send erlandcooner a Private Message Find more posts by erlandcooner Add erlandcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I've had it happen twice, and in different states.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 09-11-2020 09:09 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Comp hunter
UKC Forum Member

Happened to me last yr in a pkc hunt got stung so bad had to carry him 500 yrda an take to vet he couldn't stand or walk

Old Post 09-11-2020 11:35 PM
Comp hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Comp hunter Click here to Send Comp hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Comp hunter Find more posts by Comp hunter Add Comp hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bee stings

Need to carry benadryl, use in case of reaction both man and dog. Dave

Old Post 09-11-2020 11:39 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

ukc hunt

There just was a hound that died from bee stings while competing in a ukc hunt. Sounds like there was a ground nest of bees the dog got into. Stung over 100 times , got to vet quickly. Three days later the hound passed away from the ordeal. RIP CAT SCRATCH FEVER

Old Post 09-12-2020 04:54 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

In my area of Texas, the underground bees that will come after you when disturbed are bumble bees...honey bees only sting once but bumblebee can sting many times...

As kids my brother was mowing our pasture mowed over a bush and on the second path a swarm of bumblebees attacked and followed him for a while...the doctor said he would of died if he hadn’t went in to the clinic...

By time he made it home after getting stung...he was very red faced and swelling up...he vomited and just wanted to go to sleep...luckily my dad forced him to go see the doctor...

All...thanks for posting and like Dave said...keep benadryl handy for the dogs, family and friends...it could save lives...

Old Post 09-12-2020 12:25 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote