UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Fiest in Wisconsin or the Upper Midwest
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

progress

Been making some nice progress on my young male fiest. We have the 9 day deer gun season in progress here so it will be more yard work with him. He did a nice job on a turned loose squirrel last night and treed it right even after it timbered in some tall white pines. Hope to keep working him right through the winter if the weather cooperates.
My plan at this point is to breed pebbles to the best male I can when she is do in. I believe there is a nice one down in Iowa and I know Dave has a real nice male in Ohio so we will see how it goes at the time.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2015 01:36 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles pedigree

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-21-2015 01:44 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hammer pedigree

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-21-2015 01:47 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Pup

Scott if you don't breed to my dog I would like to book a male pup out of your female that looks like her. Up the road I am going to need something to breed my Brownie females to. I like your dog and Allen Smith's Josie dog. I have a nice young male from Brownie for the future. Took Brownie out for little over and hour thanksgiving and he treed 9 gray squirrel. I love that dog. Hope all is well with you. Dave

Old Post 11-27-2015 01:40 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Dave Woofter & Scott VH

Scott good post you put up and best of luck with your dogs and getting up some hunts up your way, there's quite a few license hunts here in Arkansas, u and Dave sure have some Good Lookin Tree Rat Dogs LOL Dave thanks for the PM u sent this morning and when I get her bred I'll let u know my friend, I'll for sure keep me a female out of Josie and there's a couple other folks wanting a pup out of her but like I told them, we'll have to see what happens, as of right now I plan on breeding her to my buddy's high powered Atomic Bred male !

Old Post 11-27-2015 02:16 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Alan and Dave

Thanks for the comments. I sure like the looks of Brownie and would like to breed to him if it works out. I am also trying to get some information and hunt with the Dancer dog down in Iowa. I have heard he is also very nice. Time will tell.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-27-2015 05:09 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hammer

Hammer did a real nice job this morning on a turned loose squirrel just treeing it on scent. Nice job at the tree staying and barking. I have had him less than a month but he has made some real nice progress. I am looking forward to hunting him alone after the deer season is over. Wished I would have had my phone to take a picture on the tree. Next time.
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-29-2015 04:05 PM
Byron Walker
UKC Forum Member

dancer

http://s489.photobucket.com/user/Be...?sort=3&o=0

http://s489.photobucket.com/user/Be...?sort=3&o=3_

This is dancer he is a really nice dog. I'd really like to get some pups on the ground out of him. He is a squirrel champion with three wins towards grand

Old Post 12-01-2015 05:43 PM
Byron Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Byron Walker Click here to Send Byron Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Byron Walker Find more posts by Byron Walker Add Byron Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Dancer

Owned by Byron Walker

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-02-2015 02:38 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

PED

What is his PED Scott? Thanks. Dave P.S. I saw the pictures on his post after I couldn't get them to come up on yours.

Old Post 12-02-2015 04:48 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Byron Walker
UKC Forum Member

Dancer is off of wiltfong's taz and Mullins bred female. Taz was single registered and died really young

Old Post 12-02-2015 06:58 PM
Byron Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Byron Walker Click here to Send Byron Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Byron Walker Find more posts by Byron Walker Add Byron Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Byron Walker
UKC Forum Member

Dancer is off of wiltfong's taz and Mullins bred female. Taz was single registered and died really young

Old Post 12-02-2015 06:58 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Dancer

Thanks. Dave

Old Post 12-02-2015 07:21 PM
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

+1 about Steve McAndrews and his feists. I used to hit most nearly every hunt in Ia., Wi. and Mn. for a few years and Steve had a dog named Dummy that was awesome. I hunted against Dummy several times and never knew if I could beat that dog. It was always up in the air and I was packing a pretty good little dog myself. I hunted with a couple more out of that line and they were all very good and all knew their jobs well.

Also, one of the single smartest dogs I've ever owned was a hybrid squirrel dog that was about 1/4 mtn. cur and 3/4 mullins fiest. I could write pages about that dog and he had brains that were only rivaled by the smarter border collies I've know. I've had a pile of mtn. curs but nothing like that so I attribute the level of smarts to the mullins feist. It's worth looking into.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 12-15-2015 01:14 AM
Dan McDonough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan McDonough Click here to Send Dan McDonough a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan McDonough Find more posts by Dan McDonough Add Dan McDonough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

While I'm at it. You might want to contact NKC and see if they can find anything alive that is out of a dog named Jone's By-Chance. That dog produced magic as far as I'm concerned.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 12-15-2015 01:18 AM
Dan McDonough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan McDonough Click here to Send Dan McDonough a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan McDonough Find more posts by Dan McDonough Add Dan McDonough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

THE OHIO PISTOL

PISTOL 6 Months old
Scott this is what Brownie reproduces. Pistol has been treeing squirrels a lone since 4 months old. Good Luck with your Feists my Friend. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2015 12:20 PM
JHannack
UKC Forum Member

Interested

Scott, I would be interested. If you raise a litter let me know. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, I think the son would enjoy it. My wife's uncle has one and swears by them. Not a lot of them up here in Wisconsin that I know of.

Home of some future hopefuls.....

Old Post 12-18-2015 04:34 AM
JHannack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHannack Click here to Send JHannack a Private Message Find more posts by JHannack Add JHannack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Brownie

Scott took Brownie ( Pistol's Sire ) out for an hour this afternoon and made 6 trees with 4 grays and two dens. Hope the Pistol will be just like Dad in a year or so. He's already a good pup. Good luck with your Feists. P.S. My Pistol Pete Annie female is in heat and will be bred to Brownie 12/26/2015. That's the same cross as The Ohio Pistol. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2015 12:21 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for all of the input on the post to everyone. I am a little behind after coming back up from Oklahoma. I can see there is some interest on helping get some good blood up here and interest on hunting and raising some nice fiest dogs. My wife told me she let Pebbles out of the house this morning while I was at work and had to go get her off a tree with a squirrel in it. My son asked her why she did not take a video and send it to me at work. It is still like Fall here but lots of rain.

Scott

PS. If your looking for a great prospect I would get on Dave's pup list. Looks to me like that may be a great cross. Good luck with them Dave.

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:03 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks Scott I would say the list may get to long. LOL! I guess I am not the only one that loves these little dogs. Dave

Old Post 12-24-2015 04:09 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pebbles

Pebbles is in heat and my intent is to breed her to Byron Walkers Dancer dog this time. If all works out we should have some pups at the end of May. Byron is going to work with me and help get the pups in the hands of hunters if we get enough on the ground. I would like to breed her to Dave Woofter's Brownie male some time to if she proves to be a decent mother but we will see. I sure like the way the Pistol pup has come along out of Dave's dogs. The Hammer male I have here may be a potential sire also but he is just started and needs to be a finished dog before he will be considered.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 03-20-2016 02:11 PM
skeeterhawk7
UKC Forum Member

Scott VH

Ole buddy that Pebbles Feist of yours is one fine looking gyp !

Old Post 03-20-2016 09:52 PM
skeeterhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeterhawk7 Click here to Send skeeterhawk7 a Private Message Click Here to Email skeeterhawk7 Find more posts by skeeterhawk7 Add skeeterhawk7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pebbles

quote:
Originally posted by Scott VH
Pebbles is in heat and my intent is to breed her to Byron Walkers Dancer dog this time. If all works out we should have some pups at the end of May. Byron is going to work with me and help get the pups in the hands of hunters if we get enough on the ground.

GREAT DECISION!

If I was interested in a feist I would be first on the list. In the past 10 years or so of going to the cur & feist events Dancer is the nicest feist I have seen go. Byron isn't too bad of a guy either.....

Best of luck with them!

Old Post 03-24-2016 06:00 AM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Scott VH

quote:
Originally posted by skeeterhawk7
Ole buddy that Pebbles Feist of yours is one fine looking gyp !

Thanks Allen, She is a really nice tree dog and hopefully in about 63 days we will have some pups. Dancer's pictures don't do him justice. He is 23 lbs of muscle, really nice looking fiest. Seems to have a nice personality too. He is bred real nice in my estimation being out of Taz on the top and all Mullins breeding on the bottom. If Byron sends me a pedigree picture I will post it.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 03-27-2016 01:45 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Dancer pedigree

[UR

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 03-27-2016 10:21 PM