UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Gr.Nt.Ch.Dohoney's Boone
Pages (76): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Justin Smith
Banned

What's the scoop on Thunder , NY-Coyotedawgs??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2003 09:28 PM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO I TRIED THE NEW MAIL ADDRESS AND DON'T KNOW IF YOU GOT IT. I NEED TO STICK TO HUNTING AND GIVE UP THIS COMPUTER I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR IT.

Old Post 07-12-2003 10:12 PM
DAVE FREEMAN JR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE FREEMAN JR Click here to Send DAVE FREEMAN JR a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE FREEMAN JR Find more posts by DAVE FREEMAN JR Add DAVE FREEMAN JR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Not yet.Do like 99% of the rest do and get your wife/girlfriend to e-mail it for ya.

Old Post 07-13-2003 02:28 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Boone Groupie's

I'll join in here since Hobo is begging for more. I own a 7 year old who is off of Tom Horn and out of a Kansas Dancer female. He is a winter time meat getter with probably the best tracking ability of any hound I've ever owned. Without a doubt the most accurate dog I have ever owned also as he simply will not tree if the coon isn't there. A little slow to get treed but it is because he will check a tree several times to be sure. No gamble in him. This dog is a big 70 lb.er with a beautiful head and ear set and wonderful color. He looks very much like the Dolly dog that Hobo speaks of and similar to Thunder. I have been amazed at the level of intelligence this hound shows and he knows how to hunt for coon. He is broke to the tee as far as handling and will not run any fast game but when he gets on a fast ,hot coon track you'll think he is running something off. He has caught several coon on the ground and is the most grittiest dog I 've ever seen.Mine or anyone elses. He uses a deep medium to short bawl and long chop on the track and will drift on those bad feedertracks and put a coon on the end of them. He is a hard chop mouth tree dog that stand on the tree and digs in.
Now for what I don't like ....I bought the dog as a four year old and he had been hunted with some rough hounds and will not operate worth a darn with another male or even a strange female in the woods with him. He will not cover a strange hound on a tree even if the coon is there and does his best work when he is hunted by himself. He is not aggressive towards other hounds except over a dead coon.I hunt pups with him and they jump all over his head and he is not bothered by them and will allow another dog in on the coon but when the coon takes it's last breath it is his prize. I don't like this or approve of it but he's too old to change his ways so we have learned how to handle him in these situations. Also a few months after we bought the dog he became very ill and was found to have a very bad case of heartworms so he was treated and now has some heart damage so we don't hunt him in the summertime heat. He just can't take it. We use him in the winter to compete in meat hunts around the local clubs during Kill season and we catch alot of coon with him and my female,who he hunts well with.
I don't have his picture on a site where it can be posted here but you can see his pic on COONHOUND CENTRALS WALKERS Picture page listed as DOHONEY'S JOHN

Old Post 07-13-2003 05:35 AM
Jeff H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff H. Click here to Send Jeff H. a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff H. Add Jeff H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Here ya go Bodene.Its the best I could do.LOL

Old Post 07-13-2003 06:26 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Hobo

That picture of John was taken at one of the local clubs during one of their field trial days. They get together three or four times a year and have water races and other field trial events and they always call me to bring John down because he puts on such a good show!! The pic was taken during the treeing contest.
This is the coon hatingest dog I have ever seen and just goes Bug eyed crazy over any coon he thinks he can have the chance to get his mouth on. He has tore up a couple of the cages down there during these events.
He's not perfect by a far stretch of the imagination and doesn't hunt like he used to because of his health problems but we'll let him live right here until his days are over.

Old Post 07-13-2003 01:14 PM
Jeff H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff H. Click here to Send Jeff H. a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff H. Add Jeff H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO I'M GOING TO GET YOU THAT PICTURE.LOL MAN I'M LIKEING THIS BOONE POWER FOR SURE NOW WON 1ST PLACE NTCH LAST NIGHT 475+ AND HIGH SCORING DOG OF THE HUNT. 60 TO 70 ENTRIES BOTH NIGHTS. THEY WERE GIVING AWAY A NEW TRACKING SYSTEM AND A BELT LIGHT FOR HIGH SCORING DOG SO WE HIT A REAL GOOD LICK. IF YOU TALK TO MIKE TELL HIM ME AND MY DAD WANT TO THANK HIM FOR HIS TROUBLE IN GETTING US STORM AND WE'LL TRY AND SHOW EVERYBODY WHAT THESE BOONE DOGS ARE CAPABLE OF.

Old Post 07-13-2003 04:09 PM
DAVE FREEMAN JR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE FREEMAN JR Click here to Send DAVE FREEMAN JR a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE FREEMAN JR Find more posts by DAVE FREEMAN JR Add DAVE FREEMAN JR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on your wins.I sure could use a new light. At this rate you'll have him Gr Nt in a couple of months.

Old Post 07-13-2003 09:46 PM
Michael
New UKC Forum Member

Are there any dogs out of Boone that can produce an all grand litter.

Old Post 07-14-2003 01:10 AM
Michael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Click here to Send Michael a Private Message Click Here to Email Michael Find more posts by Michael Add Michael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Michael
New UKC Forum Member

Ive had a couple of boone bred dogs and they both slobberd bad when they treed is this a trait in that line of dogs.

Old Post 07-14-2003 01:22 AM
Michael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Click here to Send Michael a Private Message Click Here to Email Michael Find more posts by Michael Add Michael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Michael None That I Know Of.

As far as I know there aren't any sons to Boone that can throw a all grand litter.

Old Post 07-14-2003 02:24 AM
Michael
New UKC Forum Member

Are there any that have a dam that is grand and is at stud?

Old Post 07-14-2003 03:00 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

That I don't know.Call Mike and ask him if he knows of any.

Mike Dohoney 812-472-3563

Old Post 07-14-2003 08:54 PM
Chad Carter
UKC Forum Member

I have a little Boone blood here myself.You can't beat it!!!I have a GRNT female here that is a grand daughter of Boone.Her mother is a GRNT also.I plan on breeding her to Maggards Stylish Jet as soon as she comes in.I bred her to Cowee Creek Clint with excellant results.I bred her last time to Dohoneys Rock River Fiddler.I kept one female for myself and she is doing great.Mike bought the rest of the litter.I have also noticed the chop mouth,GRNT Holly [direct daughter of Boone] and my GRNT Tess female [daughter of Holly] are both chop mouthed.Awesome locates though and no doubting when they are treed 120+Both are excellant reproducers.I would have to give Boone the credit for Sackett Jr,old Sackett was nothing untill he bred Dolly.Just my opinion.
Who else has some of this Boone blood?Let's hear some more about it.
Happy Hunting,
Chad

Old Post 07-15-2003 05:46 AM
Chad Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Carter Click here to Send Chad Carter a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Carter Find more posts by Chad Carter Add Chad Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Hey Dave?

Hey Dave have you figured out how to send that pic to me yet? I've been watchen my e-mail but nothing has made it there yet.LOL Maybe you should just snail mail it to me....

Old Post 07-18-2003 08:47 PM
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO I'VE BEEN IN COLORADO SINCE WED. AND JUST GOT IN ABOUT AN HOUR AGO. IF I GET TIME TONIGHT I'LL HAVE MY WIFE TRY AND GET IT TO YOU. -- TRIED IT AGAIN AND I THINK YOU SHOULD OF GOT IT.

Last edited by DAVE FREEMAN JR on 07-21-2003 at 01:28 AM

Old Post 07-21-2003 12:41 AM
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN THE DOG OR THE GUY IN THE PICTURE BEFORE. I ONLY HAVE 2 PICTURES OF STORM AND THEY ARE BOTH ON A TREE WITH NO ONE IN THEM. I MAY REALLY HAVE THIS MESSED UP NOW. LOL

Old Post 07-21-2003 03:10 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Hey Dave I went back and looked at the e-mail and it was from Clint Smith.So I still haven't gotten your e-mails.

Dave I just recieved your e-mail and here is the picture of Nt.Ch.Thunder's Perfect Storm.

Last edited by HOBO on 07-22-2003 at 03:02 AM

Old Post 07-21-2003 03:44 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Faith owned by Clint Smith.

Last edited by HOBO on 08-11-2005 at 03:36 AM

Old Post 07-22-2003 03:04 AM
Justin Smith
Banned

That's a couple of real lookers ... we've got one of the Fiddler pups that Darrell had on Prohound here now. She sure acts right.Congrats Dave .

Old Post 07-22-2003 03:07 AM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO THANKS A BUNCH. DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BOONE DOG? I'VE GOT SEVERAL HUNTS COMING UP AROUND THE HOUSE HERE IN THE NEXT MONTH AND AM GOING TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING THE GRNTCH DEGREE DONE. I'VE ALSO GOT MY GRNTCH SACKETT JR. FEMALE BRED TO HIM AND MAYBE YOU AND MIKE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A FEMALE PUP TO BREED BACK TO 1 OF YOUR STUD DOGS. CLINT HOW'S THE FEMALE BRED? ARE YOU GOING TO RAISE ANY PUPS OUT OF HER?

Old Post 07-22-2003 04:03 AM
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Dave Freeman, JR.

How is Storm bred on the bottom side? Good lookin hound. We have a female whelping this week with a litter off Thunder. There are some outstanding hounds in the eastern part of Oklahoma off of him. Ed Pair has a Nitech female off Thunder and his Lipper/pac man bred female that is a super nice young dog. He could be the most under rated producer out there right now. I would like to see the PAD on him.

Dual Grand Crazy Mtn Midnite Frost
Cash Creek Big Holler Mojo(Mo)
Cash Creek Wild Bill Hickok(Hick)
Cash Creek Calamity Jane(Janie)

Old Post 07-22-2003 01:34 PM
Walkerfied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerfied Click here to Send Walkerfied a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerfied Find more posts by Walkerfied Add Walkerfied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

...........................NITE CH. DOHONEY'S MIKE
....................GRNTCH DOHONEY'S BOONE
...........................DOHONEY'S SUPERSTAR
.............GRCH GRNTCH BOONE'S THUNDER
...........................GRNTCH SPRING CREEK TEE GEE
....................DOHONEY'S JILL
...........................GRCH GRNTCH CEDAR RUN JAMMIN JILL
...NITE CH. THUNDER'S PERFECT STORM
...........................GRNTCH ROCK RIVER SACKETT
....................CH GRNTCH ROCK RIVER SACKETT JR.
...........................GRNTCH SKEAN'S DOLLY
.............NITE CH. ROCK RIVER ROXIE
...........................QUEENS STYLISH BOZ
....................GRNTCH BOZ'S STYLISH FANCY
...........................GRNTCH ELEY'S LOCKDOWN FANCY

THE PAD ON THUNDER AS OF 11/11/02 WAS 414 PUPS NC5 GS3 SC 13. I KNOW OF AT LEAST 3 MORE NITE CH'S SINCE THEN AND HAVE HEARD FROM SEVERAL THAT SEEM TO LIKE THEIR THUNDER DOGS.

Old Post 07-22-2003 11:50 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

From What I Can See....

HE looks like he has that nice TAN head that Boone is known to throw. Do you have any other pic's of him?

Clint e-mailed me a copy of Faiths pedigree but I didn't save it.I think she was off of a son of Boone crossed with a daughter of Dohoney's Magnum.Magnum was a younger brother to Boone so her sire would have been a first cousin cross if I remember her ped right and I think she had Boone on the bottom side also.She just might need to come live in Va.

Old Post 07-23-2003 01:43 AM
DAVE FREEMAN JR
UKC Forum Member

HOBO I ONLY HAVE 3 PICTURES OF HIM AND THEY ARE ALL ABOUT LIKE THE 1 I SENT YOU. I DON'T HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY BRIAN OGLESBY ON A PLEASURE HUNT IN FEB. ARE ALL THE BOONE DOGS SMALLER DOGS. I'D QUESS STORM AT ABOUT 55LBS IN HARD HUNTING SHAPE. CLINT I GOT THE E MAILS BUT I COULDN'T GET FAITHS PED. TO OPEN. MISSOURI WOULDN'T BE A BAD PLACE FOR A GOOD BOONE FEMALE TO COME LIVE EITHER.

Old Post 07-23-2003 03:06 AM