UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > About this possum thing.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

About this possum thing.

I guess we are going to have to elect a board of directors because the higher ups won't respond ( we gave you a chance to get in we know you want to hunt possums but afraid of what everybody will think ) the rules are there are no rules so we don't have to argue about them so welcome to the PHKC. Oh no feeder buckets it would stink to much my dog rolls in dead stuff.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2016 01:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: About this possum thing.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I guess we are going to have to elect a board of directors because the higher ups won't respond ( we gave you a chance to get in we know you want to hunt possums but afraid of what everybody will think ) the rules are there are no rules so we don't have to argue about them so welcome to the PHKC. Oh no feeder buckets it would stink to much my dog rolls in dead stuff.
if this ever happens, we will have our first bluetick world champion.

Old Post 06-17-2016 03:29 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I believe there's a lot of in the closet possum hunters they do it but don't want nobody to know about it lol.

Old Post 06-17-2016 04:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

I am in.
woke up the other morning to a dean on laying in front of my car. The old man had gotten out of the kennel somehow (first time in 5 years he has ever gotten out) He was laying beside the car and possum in the front of it in the driveway. Not saying he killed it and layed it there for all to see. It could have just shown up.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 06-17-2016 04:21 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

I would think the world hunt should be in heavy possum country. NW Iowa is probably not the place. Ive killed so many in the last couple of month its getting hard to get a strike!

Old Post 06-17-2016 04:29 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

I am in.

Robert, your the president. I'm telling you I have the honey hole of all honey holes for possums. There a few skunks. But a good broke possum hound will be solid here.

What do we need to do to get recognized Todd, Allen? Don't make me jump the chain of command and go to Tonya!!!

Phone number 270-820-5560

Last edited by MIKE CARDER on 06-17-2016 at 05:18 PM

Old Post 06-17-2016 04:46 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

What you do just now get up? I been up since 5:30 working on official PHKC buisness I can't do this alone looks like the ( staff ) can't see how big this is going to be maybe when Carson goes to work for them we will get in.

Old Post 06-17-2016 04:59 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Carson

Did he accept the job? I received my notice of non selection from them, something to do with the "Company I keep". What ever that means. I got up at 5:20. Had to check My traps for coon. I got one hound that's been really hard to break off them ole ringtails. 2yr olds are hard to break off of coon.

Old Post 06-17-2016 05:09 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

You know when my young dog comes across one of those things!! I laugh to my self and think about these threads we talk about!! say good boy and walkem off!! no intentions of breaking him completely! may draw out with with ya all and have to tree something!! Close! because I hate to have to walk across country for one stanking coon! when I can tree a half dozen possoms closer!! just a thout of the mind!!

Old Post 06-17-2016 06:15 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: lol

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
You know when my young dog comes across one of those things!! I laugh to my self and think about these threads we talk about!! say good boy and walkem off!! no intentions of breaking him completely! may draw out with with ya all and have to tree something!! Close! because I hate to have to walk across country for one stanking coon! when I can tree a half dozen possoms closer!! just a thout of the mind!!

I love it, with age comes wisdom.

Old Post 06-17-2016 06:22 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Nothing but crickets they must be on a no donut diet and they are cranky that's ok I can eat all I want I am happy, happy, happy!!

Old Post 06-17-2016 09:21 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

We aint gomna have strike points are we? Nothing I hate worse than a babbling possum hound. Most possum dogs are pretty accurate to. So I say we should either plus a tree or minus it. No circle points. I been all over the southeast today looking for sponsorships. Seen some crazy stuff. Saw a man riding up the rd on bike. This bike was decorated in that ice cycle string stuff you put up at Christmas cept it was in blues, pink, green, red and all colors. I started to stop and see if he knew of any turn outs but I was skeered.

Old Post 06-17-2016 11:07 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayseedlady
UKC Forum Member

Will this be open to all dogs? The blue ticks pups consider possums speed bumps but my old Vizsla/Lab considers possums as her favorite squeaky toy.

My Great Grandma had some excellent recipes for possum, might have to go find them.

Old Post 06-17-2016 11:26 PM
Hayseedlady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayseedlady Click here to Send Hayseedlady a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayseedlady Find more posts by Hayseedlady Add Hayseedlady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I see the blueticks being a dominate force in the PHKC they are really good at treeing possums.

Old Post 06-17-2016 11:54 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Scoring

I see the scoring as such
Only (+) or (-). There should be no numbers. You walk up to a tree and if its in the tree you get a (+) if its not then there's a (-). At the end of the hunt if there is a tie then each hound tied will hunt by itself for 15 minutes and continue until a winner. Any hound getting out of pocket let's say 150 yards is scratched after second offense.

As far as Blueticks go, since they are at such an extreme advantage at treeing possums they will start the hunt with an existing (-).

Old Post 06-18-2016 12:23 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Ut owe. Ive walked 800 yards to a possum more than one time. I guess yalls dogs could have treed possums behind mine?

Old Post 06-18-2016 12:32 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I just read on here that most possum dogs are accurate. How do you know when your dog slicks trees a possum?

Old Post 06-18-2016 01:25 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Ive never saw a possum slick treed on. They dont miss. Was just a figure of speech when I said pretty accurate.. Sorry. Also that may just be my possum dog. Hes never once in 5 yrs missed a possum.

Old Post 06-18-2016 01:33 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Ive never saw a possum slick treed on. They dont miss. Was just a figure of speech when I said pretty accurate.. Sorry. Also that may just be my possum dog. Hes never once in 5 yrs missed a possum.
It sounds like you have a winner.

Old Post 06-18-2016 01:57 AM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Dawg the possoms we have up north!! smarter than just your ordinary opossum!! they learned how to dodge traffic !! all these rds ! they even tap trees!! and run like a supped up RABBIT!!LOL

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:16 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

Our possoms are smarter than those southern coon!!and harder to tree!!

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:30 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
It sounds like you have a winner.
Hes a good un. Aint no doubt. He alittle touchy though but we aint gonna have no rules. I expect him to be alone most of the time with +. Chewback them possum up there prolly are a little smarter. I suspect cause of so many possum hunters in your neck of the woods. They had to get smart.

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:33 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hes a good un. Aint no doubt. He alittle touchy though but we aint gonna have no rules. I expect him to be alone most of the time with +. Chewback them possum up there prolly are a little smarter. I suspect cause of so many possum hunters in your neck of the woods. They had to get smart. G
GA DAWG, is he a blue tick?

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:42 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Slick trwe

quote:

when I was trying to break my two-year-old off of possums he would slick one or two trees from the possum. until I caught on and started searching the other trees and found it he thought he was smarter than me I guess he was because I'm turning him into my possum hound now

Old Post 06-18-2016 02:51 AM
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

possum dog for sale last time out treed 1 next drop caught 1 on ground ukc /pkc registered walker heavy wipeout bred blazing fast chop all the way runs like fast game 5 and a half years old he is a winner ! no reasonable offer refused ! on another note a possum eats about 5000 ticks a year and is unlikely to get rabies as body temp is so low virus has a hard time surviving !

Old Post 06-18-2016 04:35 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote