UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Opinions on 3 hole dog boxes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Opinions on 3 hole dog boxes

Thinking about getting 3 hole dog 48" x 36". Need this size to fit in front of gooseneck ball. Never had 3-hole. Just wonder if dogs have plenty of room to turn around?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-27-2016 04:23 PM
Mike Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Reynolds Click here to Send Mike Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Reynolds Find more posts by Mike Reynolds Add Mike Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Do you ever stuff four dogs in your box when your out hunting with buddies? I've never had a three hole box but I always figured you can fit more dogs in two big holes than three little ones because I think with a three hole your pretty much limited to one dog per hole.

Old Post 06-27-2016 07:57 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
Do you ever stuff four dogs in your box when your out hunting with buddies? I've never had a three hole box but I always figured you can fit more dogs in two big holes than three little ones because I think with a three hole your pretty much limited to one dog per hole.

X2, plus the dog in the middle has less ventilation

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-27-2016 08:30 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

They are ok if you have small dogs,,BUT,,if you have bigger dogs,,you will hate it,,no room at all for dog to go in head first,,then turn around so it can come out head first,,you're pretty much stuck with putting your dog in the box backwards

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 06-28-2016 01:06 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I love mine. I don't have to beat dogs to keep some in the box. Mine is larger. It goes across bed to each side and is cut out for fenders. But I like it. Had it for years

Old Post 06-28-2016 04:29 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
I love mine. I don't have to beat dogs to keep some in the box. Mine is larger. It goes across bed to each side and is cut out for fenders. But I like it. Had it for years
A box like that would be ok for larger dogs,,but most boxes fit between the feNderwells ,,not over them,,and it is hell on a larger dog in a standard 3 hole box,,we had to cut out one of the dividers so we could haul our larger dog in it.
I'd rather have a 2 hole box any day,, jmo

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 06-28-2016 09:53 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEE POWELL
UKC Forum Member

Had a 3 hole for a month, dogs couldn't turn around and like one guy said the vents in the middle gives a dog little air.
Would be a good box for beagles

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL

Old Post 06-28-2016 08:21 PM
DEE POWELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEE POWELL Click here to Send DEE POWELL a Private Message Click Here to Email DEE POWELL Find more posts by DEE POWELL Add DEE POWELL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote