UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Announced New Line Up For 2016
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

I guess the big question is when will Garmin release the updates????? Have both the watch and drivetrack and not being able to use them is killing me!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!! patients is a virtue. I have none!!!LOL!!!!

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-25-2016 03:29 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Steve I'm not sure about the watch, but I'm currently using the drivetrack. Works great.

Old Post 07-25-2016 03:53 PM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

So the update for the drivetrack connecting to the Alpha and 430 is available? If so, great.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)

Old Post 07-25-2016 04:00 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I have all of the new products and have been using the DriveTrack and 430 for two weeks. They are great products and user friendly. I am learning the Fenix and have not used it on a hunt as of yet. The Fenix is way smarter than this 63 year old Redneck and it will do everything but the laundry.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-25-2016 04:41 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Steve my 430 worked without updating and I did do an update on the ALPHA and it works also.

Josh after using the DriveTrack last week I am even a bigger fan of it. The screen is not as large as the tablet but what it shows looks bigger to me. The system is a lot easier for me to use.

Old Post 07-25-2016 06:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I am with Bruce, as I too, was worried that the screen seemed a little small until I used it and now I realize that it is more than adequate in size. I guess I am so accustomed to looking at the screens on the handhelds...and also agree that the DriveTrack is most user friendly.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-25-2016 07:30 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Anybody now how to link the watch to the handheld?

Old Post 07-25-2016 10:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Saw a beta version of the update. They still working on update. I would say any day now. You can practice by understanding how to get to your widgets. When you upgrade your watch you will find a dog tracking widget there. I would suggest you use the move button and move that widget to the top of the list.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-26-2016 at 03:28 AM

Old Post 07-26-2016 03:16 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce. Well I've been patiently waiting for the update for the watch. Been hearing from members on the board update will be out by the end of the month. I have personal spoken to Garmin twice during July, as recently as this past Monday. They also said the release would be out by the end of the month. Well where is it???? Tomorrow being August 1st, guess they hand out bologna to everyone including guys that are testers. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I have a 600.00 piece of junk that I can't use for what it was bought for.
Sorry for the rant but come on Garmin get with the program.

Old Post 07-31-2016 11:18 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not defending them but since the first products came out the dates usually are changed. Guess I am use to it. This time there is something different though. They got the products out early and the software hasn't been proven. Since 2007 I have experienced this and you cannot hold them to release dates. They have gotten a lot better but the updates with the products would have made a lot of people happy.

Old Post 08-01-2016 01:40 AM
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Garmin for the Beta version of the update for the Fenix 3. Now we have something to play with. Thanks again Garmin and Bruce for all you do.

Old Post 08-01-2016 10:26 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Steve, I hope it works better for you than it did me. After a couple frustrating days I decided to wait for the finished update. That's why I didn't suggest the beta update to you. Let me know how it works for you.

Old Post 08-01-2016 10:34 PM
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Will do

Old Post 08-01-2016 11:26 PM