UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Adviser vs. rule book
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Allen are you going to answer my suggestion

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-24-2018 07:33 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Yeah, scratching for a growl alone would not meet the criteria of "attempting to fight".

Wait what?! That was a bold statement there Cotton! Once again where's that line drawn LOL Mind Blown!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 10-24-2018 07:34 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shawnstovall
Allen are you going to answer my suggestion

No Shawn you've done caused too much trouble since the state hunt and he has a headache with your name on it... You're in timeout! Try again next week

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 10-24-2018 07:36 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Jen, are you sure this is the way Chey understands the rule to be interpreted? Sounds like the way it is done in a different registry. I have hunted plenty long enough to know what an all out dog fight sounds like without having to lay eyes on the actual fight. So do 100's of others. I'm not talking about "possibly, could be's or might be's". I'm going to have to agree to disagree. If you're suggesting this is the way it should be opposed to the way UKC has always suggested, then forgive me for misunderstanding your post.

I think Chey like many other good judges would never scratch a dog unless he was sure of what was happening and would not scratch a dog from afar. Your rules allow him to head to that tree to see what is going on. The interfere comes from your own rules that clearly says in pertaining to aggressive behavior AND interfere with dog(s) not OR.
A long term Field Director actually pointed this out to me on a conversation one night when a cast was trying to scratch a dog in a box that because no interference had taken place that the dog couldn't be scratched. (this wasn't at our hunt but a call that I received asking about it)
There is one big difference that I see between the various kc's and that is that in your typical UKC hunt the scratching mentality to many are looking for an excuse to scratch the competition. In other kc's it is a handlers game with dogs doing their thing the huge majority know the rules very well and their dogs as well amateurs learn quickly there is the threat of being barred for the incorrect scoring of trees, the buddy system is off the table and yes you have to see it to scratch it. The mentality of letting dogs compete and getting rid of piddly Annie rules like the squalling scratch are things that need to come to this side of the pond.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-24-2018 07:56 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

and if you hear a fight arrive and 2 dogs are bloody and 2 aren't i wonder which 2 were fighting ?

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:19 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by shawnstovall
Allen you know as well as I do we can work on rule changes for days on days and submit 10 or was it 11 and not even one get approved. Remember that.
So here's my thought on this everyone needs to submit there rule changes to there breeds let there breeds review those rule changes and then they submit them to UKC after they have reviewed them. UKC then reviews them and then put them on here to voted on by the public and not just two reps from each breed.

Not specifically. Are you saying that none of the proposals on the ballot passed? If so, then I would be wrong in thinking that there's never been a rules committee that hasn't passed at least a couple props. Talking about since I've been involved. Although, it's not been uncommon to see a good majority of proposals not get the nod.

Seems like, in the past, we have posted the props that were on a ballot and did a poll of sorts on this forum. Not positive though. If not, maybe should try it and compare the results with those of the Rules Committee.

Considering that we have a lot of active knowledgeable hunters that don't frequent this or any other forum, I'm not sure how well that would work. I'd be concerned that we would get a lot of buttons pushed without much in-depth thought or consideration going into it. What are your thoughts on that?

Reading some of the comments related to the current system, especially those who are critical of the credentials of those who have served on the committee when they have no idea who they are actually being critical of, is a little unfair and disturbing. In-depth discussion, consideration of pros and cons, and thought is a highly important part of the process. It has to be. That said, I highly doubt that some of the critics would have the same critical opinions if they would have ever been a fly on the wall during these proceedings.

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

There was a breed that at the last committee meeting meeting that their membership had agreed on a proposal submitted it then in the rules change meeting their reps voted no on their proposal.
There is a problem with the process. I like many others have no problem with breeds forming their own breed standards but these meetings involving need more reps. Has UKC ever considered having state or area reps along with breed reps, field directors ect for a larger more diverse less secret group.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:32 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Allen two well placed rules would fix a lot of the other ones there is some that need a little tweeking but I been hunting by these rules a long time and can win with them as is. But in business you have to stay current the styles of dogs have changed to the point these rules hinder an honest coon treeing dog that trees the first coon up a ( fur on the barn dog ). You know the two I am talking about. If all you hunt is the patch woods up north you don't notice it as much. But in the southern states in large tracts of woods in scattered coons it's a pain in the rump.

Tar

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:39 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Allen two well placed rules would fix a lot of the other ones there is some that need a little tweeking but I been hunting by these rules a long time and can win with them as is. But in business you have to stay current the styles of dogs have changed to the point these rules hinder an honest coon treeing dog that trees the first coon up a ( fur on the barn dog ). You know the two I am talking about. If all you hunt is the patch woods up north you don't notice it as much. But in the southern states in large tracts of woods in scattered coons it's a pain in the rump.

Tar

Aka leash lock???

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:43 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Not specifically. Are you saying that none of the proposals on the ballot passed? If so, then I would be wrong in thinking that there's never been a rules committee that hasn't passed at least a couple props. Talking about since I've been involved. Although, it's not been uncommon to see a good majority of proposals not get the nod.

Seems like, in the past, we have posted the props that were on a ballot and did a poll of sorts on this forum. Not positive though. If not, maybe should try it and compare the results with those of the Rules Committee.

Considering that we have a lot of active knowledgeable hunters that don't frequent this or any other forum, I'm not sure how well that would work. I'd be concerned that we would get a lot of buttons pushed without much in-depth thought or consideration going into it. What are your thoughts on that?

Reading some of the comments related to the current system, especially those who are critical of the credentials of those who have served on the committee when they have no idea who they are actually being critical of, is a little unfair and disturbing. In-depth discussion, consideration of pros and cons, and thought is a highly important part of the process. It has to be. That said, I highly doubt that some of the critics would have the same critical opinions if they would have ever been a fly on the wall during these proceedings.

Reduced shine time passed and as a result the squalling time had to be reduced or you would have only had 1 minute to squall at a tree. Then the squirrels and birds thing passed. I believe Shawn would be referencing getting rid of squalling time, leash lock, tree countdown ect all the changes that the hunters not just in the b&t breed had/are asking for.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:48 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
.....this side of the pond.......

Isn't it more like an ocean? Sure some handlers travel back and forth to visit but most have taken up residence on one side or the other. The Pro's are on one side and the Amateurs are on the other. They require different rules. The Pros want one set and the Amateurs want another set. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you want to hunt under Pro rules, you can hunt on their side of the ocean. If you want to hunt under Amateur rules hunt on their side of the ocean. But don't try to combine the two and make them one.

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
[B]
A long term Field Director actually pointed this out to me on a conversation one night when a cast was trying to scratch a dog in a box that because no interference had taken place that the dog couldn't be scratched. (this wasn't at our hunt but a call that I received asking about it)

I've always been taught, by UKC's definition, that fighting is fighting. There is no mention of interfering with another dog when it comes to fighting. This has been defined the same way for years. As far as I'm aware, since the implementation of the rule.

There's two parts within 6(b). One is fighting and the other is attempting to fight. It's the "attempting to fight*" that requires the dog be 1) showing some form of aggression and 2) interfering with another dog before it has met the criteria to be scratched for fighting. The asterisk tagged onto the verbiage "attempting to fight*" means that there is a definition of the term listed under Section 18. That's where you'll find the criteria required to scratch a dog for fighting that is found guilty of attempting to fight.

Old Post 10-24-2018 08:54 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

You bring up a valid point and are spot on. When considering anything related to nite hunts, you MUST consider every one across the country. Texas is not like Indiana and West Virginia is not like Iowa. Agreed 100%.

Old Post 10-24-2018 09:02 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Isn't it more like an ocean? Sure some handlers travel back and forth to visit but most have taken up residence on one side or the other. The Pro's are on one side and the Amateurs are on the other. They require different rules. The Pros want one set and the Amateurs want another set. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you want to hunt under Pro rules, you can hunt on their side of the ocean. If you want to hunt under Amateur rules hunt on their side of the ocean. But don't try to combine the two and make them one.

Richard both could learn a little from each other.
The take on this side is easier to understand and less complicated there is way to much room for interpretation and way too many taking advantage of it, ever wonder why those new comers leave? Speak of honor is coming up frequently but when rules in place go against common since and honor there is a need to repair. With a slight tweek here and there they can be. I started with the scratch mentality and none can argue that it doesn't exist. You are scratched for squalling and apparently now can be scratched for the unseen and unproven too, in to many cast there are those just waiting to eliminate who ever is winning. It is no longer about letting dogs and men compete when this happens.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-24-2018 09:05 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
[B]

I've always been taught, by UKC's definition, that fighting is fighting. There is no mention of interfering with another dog when it comes to fighting. This has been defined the same way for years. As far as I'm aware, since the implementation of the rule.

There's two parts within 6(b). One is fighting and the other is attempting to fight. It's the "attempting to fight*" that requires the dog be 1) showing some form of aggression and 2) interfering with another dog before it has met the criteria to be scratched for fighting. The asterisk tagged onto the verbiage "attempting to fight*" means that there is a definition of the term listed under Section 18. That's where you'll find the criteria required to scratch a dog for fighting that is found guilty of attempting to fight.

You may want to clarify that language and inform your Field Directors of it then. The language clearly says and in definitions listed under 18 not or.
Sane with the babbling it says that a dog that has barked more than 3 times. We all know that because a dog barks three times should not be considered babbling this definition needs a change in wording.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-24-2018 09:12 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
You may want to clarify that language and inform your Field Directors of it then. The language clearly says and in definitions listed under 18 not or.
Sane with the babbling it says that a dog that has barked more than 3 times. We all know that because a dog barks three times should not be considered babbling this definition needs a change in wording.

Sorry Jen, but I must be missing your point. The words used make perfect sense to me.

Old Post 10-24-2018 09:31 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

"and" what?

Old Post 10-24-2018 09:31 PM
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
"and" what?

I think she is saying the way it reads the dog has to be doing both things to be scratched (showing aggression AND interfering with another dog) Rather than saying Or, And/Or. It's just a wording issue and it wont be a big deal until someone wants it to be.