UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Southern Pines Jet??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wisconsinhounds
UKC Forum Member

Southern Pines Jet??

Does anyone know much about this dog and the pups that he has thrown?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2011 10:34 PM
wisconsinhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wisconsinhounds Click here to Send wisconsinhounds a Private Message Click Here to Email wisconsinhounds Find more posts by wisconsinhounds Add wisconsinhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

I know he was out of GRNITECH 'pr' Skean's Dolly and a Minkler bred (S.C. Rock) dog. He must have been alright Kenny Abbott used him. I think he bred Jodie to him.

Old Post 05-23-2011 11:28 PM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Jet...............

I hunted with a few off him, all were very pretty dogs with good mouths. The ones that I hunted with were tight mouthed track dogs and up on the wood tree dogs, no jacking or jumping or chewing, very good tree-dogs, very good about having a coon. I liked them, seemed very balanced........................Tim

=====================

Old Post 05-23-2011 11:59 PM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I had three females off of him two were littermates. The all three opened good on track. They could move and track and were good tree dogs.
If you wnat to know more about Southern Pinse Jet call Lowell Borren, he can fill you in on just about everything you need to know about him.

Knox
Lowell told me one time he thought that trait went back to some of his olde females on Jet's bottom side.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-24-2011 08:20 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

one of the best dogs ive owned was off JET and a finley river lonnie/spring creek female.......

his name was harry ,he was chop all the way. very quick. tight on the ground most the time ....ALWAYS alone and was very accurate.........WIDE HUNTER.. and thats an understatement LOL

he died a couple yrs ago he was 9.5.......i miss that old dog he wasd a goodun

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 05-24-2011 11:03 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Jet...............

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
I had three females off of him two were littermates. The all three opened good on track. They could move and track and were good tree dogs.
If you wnat to know more about Southern Pinse Jet call Lowell Borren, he can fill you in on just about everything you need to know about him.

Knox
Lowell told me one time he thought that trait went back to some of his olde females on Jet's bottom side.

Was that the part on being tight mouth track dogs Dennis ?.....
The ones I hunted with were nice dogs, just didnt say alot on track, and some times just fall treed with a coon, and it wouldnt be a layup that had been there for awhile.......it would be a bush or small tree ( it had to climb----FAST---LOL )..............They were treeing there own coon at 13 months old and made it look easy.............Take care.........Tim

=====================

Old Post 05-26-2011 04:22 AM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Yes the tight mouth was what I was talking about. I didn't see it in my three females off of him but did see it in a few grandpups to him.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-31-2011 06:15 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Glynn Horne
UKC Forum Member

We had Jet as a young dog and finished him to Dual Grand. He was a nice dog! Classy in every department! Beautiful loud, clean treedog and very accurate. Jet opened according to the track. He was not waht I call tight mouth. I only had one pup off of Jet and he made a nice dog, he actually opened a little too much on track.

We also started a sister to Jet. She was beautiful and also very classy. She more of a trailer than Jet was and had a very good nose.

Last edited by Glynn Horne on 05-31-2011 at 10:27 PM

Old Post 05-31-2011 10:23 PM
Glynn Horne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Glynn Horne Click here to Send Glynn Horne a Private Message Find more posts by Glynn Horne Add Glynn Horne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HabitsBadSon
UKC Forum Member

Ricky Hawkins told me today that Jet was one of the best dogs he ever had and he was buried in his back yard in Hamburg AR. He thought Mark Cross may have some straws on him.

Home of 2 coon tree-ers
Habits Bad Son
CherryPoppins

Old Post 06-01-2011 03:49 AM
HabitsBadSon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HabitsBadSon Click here to Send HabitsBadSon a Private Message Find more posts by HabitsBadSon Add HabitsBadSon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

hunted alot of dogs off him i grew up about 20 mins from mark when he had him and montey hunted him in the hunts , some were good some were bad , i had a few that were rough as hell that didnt make it long and i had 1 female off him that was silent that was a coon treein machine

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 06-01-2011 04:16 AM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wisconsinhounds
UKC Forum Member

I called lowell and he had a dog lined up out of Jets lines. I was gonna try him out tomorrow night but the dog got sold earlier in the week. Guess ill have to keep searching. Thanks for the info! This forum is a huge help!

Old Post 06-03-2011 12:08 AM
wisconsinhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wisconsinhounds Click here to Send wisconsinhounds a Private Message Click Here to Email wisconsinhounds Find more posts by wisconsinhounds Add wisconsinhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
79cooner
UKC Forum Member

Southern Pines Jet

I have a male, seamon male directly out of Jet. He was the only male in the litter. I was told that he is the only male alive. Does anyone know if their is another male alive?? Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by 79cooner on 11-27-2022 at 12:54 AM

Old Post 11-27-2022 12:50 AM
79cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 79cooner Click here to Send 79cooner a Private Message Find more posts by 79cooner Add 79cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote