UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best night I’ll ever have
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Best night I’ll ever have

Best night I’ve ever had coon hunting was tonight. My pride and joy, my best buddy, my greatest gift in life shot out his first coon with his own Ruger .22.
I can’t formulate the right words to express my feelings of excitement and pride. Good job, Jayce! Can’t beat good dog work, especially when the end result is this good. Thank you to Hoss and Hassie for putting one up for Jayce. Not bad for two young Plotts and a ten year old boy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2021 06:52 AM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Best night ever

From the look on his face, I would say that you have got yourself a mighty fine hunting partner. Congratulations and happy hunting. Dave

Old Post 09-18-2021 07:22 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Very nice. Congratulations!

Old Post 09-18-2021 11:45 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Looks like he had fun. Keep him going.

Old Post 09-18-2021 01:47 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on a great job with this young fella... not only are you getting him involved in hunting but you have also made sure he has the BEST in sports attire 😎

Old Post 09-18-2021 03:15 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Good Stuff!

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-18-2021 04:46 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Piatt
UKC Forum Member

Awesome!! From the look on that young man's face that won't be the last night you two will be spending in the woods.

Old Post 09-18-2021 07:57 PM
Eric Piatt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Piatt Click here to Send Eric Piatt a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Piatt Find more posts by Eric Piatt Add Eric Piatt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Black plott

I could sure use a young hunting partner, my old bones and big belly are sure making these steep mountains a heavy burden to pay for coon hunting. So if he wears you down, send him up my way as I need a good handler..lol. Dave

Old Post 09-20-2021 03:15 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Thank each of you for your kind words.
JB, of course. Only the best for him.
Dave, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind helping you out sometime. He’s really a dream. Rarely gives me any issue, at all. We had a good little conversation after that hunt about how important respecting our veterans and older generation is to me. He’s heard it a hundred times, but it seemed to click a little better this go round. He’s used to the rough country, Dave. So he’d be perfect for you. May need to paint some brindle on those Holsteins though, haha!

Old Post 09-20-2021 10:48 AM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

good pictures.

Old Post 09-20-2021 01:45 PM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Black Plott
Thank each of you for your kind words.
JB, of course. Only the best for him.
Dave, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind helping you out sometime. He’s really a dream. Rarely gives me any issue, at all. We had a good little conversation after that hunt about how important respecting our veterans and older generation is to me. He’s heard it a hundred times, but it seemed to click a little better this go round. He’s used to the rough country, Dave. So he’d be perfect for you. May need to paint some brindle on those Holsteins though, haha!

Shucks, I might just buy a plott if I had a handler like him that loves to coon hunt and is a good shot when the dogs tree. Lol. I grew up hunting these mountains and I sure love the mountains, but they are sure harder to hunt as a man ages and starts breaking down health wise. I enjoy the trips up North hunting in the flat lands. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2021 04:14 AM
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Jayce added a video of him shooting it out to YouTube. Check it out
https://youtu.be/Cyywzrh4wx8

Old Post 09-29-2021 03:12 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Black plott

This is the kind of post that I love to see, it brings back a lot of fond memories of myself as a young boy hunting with my dad and older gentlemen. I thought I was the King of the Hill when they let me shoot the coon. Age and time have taken a toll on me, but I still love this sport of coon hunting. It sure pleases me to see a young hunter just getting started with the desire and love of listening to these hounds ringing through the mountains. It's just a feeling that never gets old. I wish you and your sonJayce many happy nights in the woods. Dave

Old Post 10-03-2021 07:17 PM
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Dave,
Thank you for that. He is my greatest achievement in life. I was trying to record the coon coming out and his expression, thereafter. But in all my excitement, I guess I stopped my phone recording the whole ordeal. I’m the giddy one there at the end of the video. I still think about that night a lot. He’s just worried about when his mount will be done now.
On a different note, Jayce and I did have a good heart to heart last night on the topic of conservation. I won’t get into all the details of it, but I ended up breaking down how we, the hunters, are most responsible for the conservation of any animal we choose to hunt. He came to realize that the dogs job is tree that coon for us. Not his first time hearing any of this, but evidently it’s the first time he’s taken the notion to listen and interpret the information.
I’m just happy he is finally taking the notion to learn about why we do things the way we do. And I’m glad I’m there to teach him the right way. He’ll be better of not having to learn things the hard way like his old man did.

Old Post 10-04-2021 03:16 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Black plott

You and Jayce are a credit to our sport, I wish you the very best this hunting season. Send me a pm with your telephone and location, I might come down for a hunt one night. Dave

Old Post 10-04-2021 03:54 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Black plott

Thanks, I got your pm and will call you regarding hunting. I have cataract surgery scheduled for Oct 20 and Nov 3, they do one eye at a time 2 weeks apart. After my surgery, I will be able to drive st night and will be able to come for s hunt. I am looking forward to hunting with you and Jaycee. Dave

Old Post 10-04-2021 07:52 PM