UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joey walters
New UKC Forum Member

pups

Those are sum good looking well marked up pups you have there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-05-2021 11:48 PM
Joey walters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey walters Click here to Send Joey walters a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey walters Find more posts by Joey walters Add Joey walters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for a run tonight. I hunted her last night and I could tell she was beginning to come in season, so I decided to give her one more run before I had to shut her up, and I'm glad I did. She did a good job. She opened on track good and really treed hard. She treed on a vine going up into a big oak. It took me a while to find the coon, but I finally found him sitting out on the end of a big limb. I petted her up good and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-07-2021 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 11-07-2021 05:15 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Was sure glad to get Sadie back in the woods tonight, after being in season and locked up for 3 weeks. She did a good job. The first one she struck off the 4-wheeler going to the woods. I dropped her off the 4-wheeler and away she went. about 40 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big oak. I shined for a few minutes and found him on a limb about 3/4 up. We moved on down toward the river and turned her up a sloughShe wen up the slough a ways and struck and crossed the slough and trailed up the other side about 300 yards and locked up treed. I went on up and got about even with her and crossed over to her. She was treed up a large oak on the other side. I didn't see him at first, but I shook a vine and he looked at me from out on the end of a bushy limb up toward the top. Sadie sure don't like leaving these trees without her getting the coon. We made our way back across the slough. We were going to call it a night, but Sadie struck another one from the back of the 4-wheeler before we got out of the woods. I turned her loose and she took off, but this time the coon decided to run. She went north up the swamp toward the lake and turned west toward the river. When she got to the river she turned south down river for about 200 yards . She was in some willow trees. These trees are tall but not very big around and they are in there where the river flows strong when its out of its banks and most of them are leaning bad and into other trees. Sadie treed in there up one of these willow trees. I walked in to her and when I saw where she was treed I told her that we would never find this one and we didn't. The coon could have went anywhere. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 11-25-2021 04:55 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Hunted Sadie last night she struck on an old slough and moved him out of therefor about 200 yards and locked up treed. I think she had him, but I never could get him to look. It was a little too cool for me last night sowe called it a night. Took Sadie out again tonight. We went over across the road in front off my house. and she struck one and moved it about 150 yards and locked up treed. I got my rifle and walked in to her and she was treed up a large Oak. as soon as I started shining I saw him looking at me on a limb up toward the top. I petted up Sadie and we left him to run again. We walked back to the 4-wheeler. About the time we got there I realized I had left my rifle at the tree. I backed tracked myself back to the tree and got it. (Thank God for Garmins). While I was there I shined the tree again and found another coon there that I didn't see the first time. We made a couple more drops, but could not get anything going so we called it a night.

Old Post 12-01-2021 06:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Hunted Sadie last night and just as I got into the woods she struck off the back of the 4-wheeler, I stopped and dropped her off and away she went She run him for about a 100 yards and locked up treed. I walked into her and she was treed up a small tree that grew up close to a hugh oak. I was sure the coon had gone over into the oak and I kept shinning it. It was boggy and wet in there as she had treed at the edge of a slough. I walked around the big oak, but when I got back around to the little tree I caught his eye in it. We left him to run again. We made a couple more drops, but never got another strike. We called it a nite.
Took Sadie out again tonight over across the road and she struck one over there and made quick work of it and we left it to run again. We headed to the river. Turned her up an old slough and she struck and moved it on in another 100 yards and locked up treed. I walked into her and she was treed up a hugh oak. I found it pretty quick about half way up laying on a big limb. We left it to run again. I turned Sadie on up the slough. She struck again, but it was a cold track. She moved it on up the slough aways and treed. I walked into her and she was treed up a small tree and it was slick. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-04-2021 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 12-04-2021 04:50 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Hunted Sadie last night. She struck one off the 4-wheeler going into the woods. I dropped her off and she left out in a hurry. She moved it in about 150 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and realized the coon knew where it was going all the time as she was treed on a big den tree. I shined it enough to know that he was not on the outside. We moved on down the swamp. She went about 400 yards and struck again. and moved it on in about 100 yards and treed again. I parked the 4-wheeler out on the old woods road and walked in to her. She was treed on a smaller tree going up into a big tree, but I think it was slick. We moved on around the swamp, but never got another strike. We called it a night. I should be able to get Sheba 11 back in the woods in another week or so After having her litter of pups. I've got a couple of young dogs that could sure use her help. And after her being laid up for about 7 months I'll sure be glad to hear her running and treeing coons again. Although Sadie has been doing a good job, she caint do it yet like Sheba can, but you have to realize too, That Sadie is only 11 months old.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-15-2021 at 07:14 PM

Old Post 12-15-2021 07:11 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Jax with pup

This young boy Jax Beech came by yesterday with Mr. Nikki Upshaw and Jax picked out his pup. I had to admire Jaz's pick. He picked out a beautiful little female. I heard Jax say several times while he was here, how much he loved that pup, and I thought to myself, This is the way it should be, a yound boy and his dog. I know that with Mr. Upshaw,s and several others help, these two will develop into a pair of fine coonhunters.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-22-2021 at 03:23 AM

Old Post 12-22-2021 03:00 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Should make a good team!

King of Hunt BBCHA, Robinson, IL
High Scoring Dog Friday BBCHA FALL ROUNDUP
1st Place Champion BBCHA, Robinson, IL
8th Place 2022 Fall Roundup
King of Hunt BBCHA Utchman Memorial
1st Place Champion BBCHA Fall Classic
1st Place Champion BBOA Zone One
King of Hunt BBCHA Vaughn Memorial
2nd place Champion 2021 BBCHA Fall Roundup
8th place 2022 BBCHA Fall Roundup

Old Post 12-22-2021 03:07 AM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jax with pup

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river

This young boy Jax Beech came by yesterday with Mr. Nikki Upshaw and Jax picked out his pup. I had to admire Jaz's pick. He picked out a beautiful little female. I heard Jax say several times while he was here, how much he loved that pup, and I thought to myself, This is the way it should be, a yound boy and his dog. I know that with Mr. Upshaw,s and several others help, these two will develop into a pair of fine coonhunters.

Now that is some good stuff right there! Awesome to see!

You are spot on Mr Jack, that is the way it should be. I wish them many enjoyable days and nights together, and learning as they go.

Thank you for sharing!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 12-22-2021 01:47 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Sadie

Sure glad to get Sheba back in the woods tonight. Her and Sadie made a good round with a good running coon tonight. They sure sounded good and had those river swamps ringing. They struck him on a large slough and came back toward me a ways and crossed a smaller slough and treed. Those two can make a racket on a tree. I parked the 4-wheeler out on an old woods road and walked in to them. They were treed up a medium sized oak. I found the coon pretty quick and he looked nervous. I petted the dogs upand we left him to run again. I decided to call it a night as I didn't want to overwork Sheba as she hadn't been out in about 7 months and she is still way over weight. It was a great Christmas Eve hunt. I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-25-2021 at 04:02 AM

Old Post 12-25-2021 03:43 AM
Bweddle
UKC Forum Member

Christmas Eve hunt

Merry Christmas from Calhoun County MS!
Had a good up here tonight also!

Old Post 12-25-2021 05:02 AM
Bweddle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bweddle Click here to Send Bweddle a Private Message Click Here to Email Bweddle Find more posts by Bweddle Add Bweddle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Sadie

Took Sheba and Sadie out tonight on the first round. I had planed to make several drops tonight, but as I was going in to the woods I met two of my neighbors coming out and they had been in there burning brush piles, so I knew I probably wouldn't do much good, but I decided to make one drop anyway, so I cut them ldown a running branch and they went in about 700 yards and struck and moved him on in another 300 yards and locked up treed. They were in the open woods so I rode in close to the tree. Those 2 hounds were knocking the top out of that tree. Sheba with her dying Bawl and Sadie with her hard chop sure sounded good. I took a few pictures and then started shining. I didn't see him at first, but I shook a vine and he looked at me. I petted up Sheba and Sadie and we left the coon to run again. I came back to the house and put Sheba up. and me and Sadie went across the road and into the swamp on the other side. I cast her over there and she struck pretty quick and treed quick. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big oak and I found the coon pretty quick. I petted Sadie up and we left the coon to run again. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-28-2021 at 04:48 AM

Old Post 12-28-2021 04:25 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Sadie

Had Sheba and Sadie back out again tonight. It was suppose to rain last night and tonight, but so far it hasn't rained. It may rain later,but so far its been a nice night. Dropped Sheba and Sadie down a spring fed branch and they went in about 425 yards and struck a good track and moved it on in another 150 yards and treed. I rode around on another road and walked in to them. They were treed out in a slough up a Cyprus. I found the coon pretty quick and we left him to run again. We moved on down the swamp aways and cast them again. They went in toward the river and struck a hot track and moved it in 100 yards and locked up treed. Sadie located a couple of times and left on a hot track. Evidently there were 2 coons because Sheba stayed treed and she had a coon We left it to run again. I walked Sheba back to the 4-wheeler and loaded her up and we listened to Sadie as she moved her coon on through the swamp for a little over 700 yards and I heard her locate and go into her chop. I knew that I would have to walk the 700 yards there and back or come back out of the swamp to another road and go back into where she was at I decided to come back out of the swamp. so I dropped Sheba off at my house and continued on in to Sadie. When I got to her She was treed up a hugh Oak Den tree and still treeing hard. This was the Second time that I had treed in this tree. The last time Sadie struck off the 4-wheeler and I dropped her off and She drove the track into this tree and locked up treed, but he had made it home that night too. I petted Sadie up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-30-2021 at 05:35 AM

Old Post 12-30-2021 05:28 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bell and Sadie

Tad Walters came down last night with Bell and I loaded up Sadie and we headed to the swamp. first drop they left out and made a wide circle and came back with out a bark. We loaded up and moved on down the swamp. 2nd drop they went in and struck a pretty good track, moved it up the slough about 150 yards and locked up treed. We walked in to them and they were treed up a small tree with two coons sitting on a limb about 3/4 of the way up. We took some pictures and left the coons to run next year. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and moved on down toward the river. 3rd cast again we hit a good track and treed it quick. it also had 2 coons. we took a few picturesand called it a night.

Old Post 01-01-2022 07:11 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 and Sadie

Tad Walters And his son Tate came down and hunted with me tonight and Tate had even talked Mrs walters into coming along with them. This was her first coonhunt. I don't know how much fun she really had, but she was sure a good sport about everything. We hunted Sheba and Sadie and they made quick work of 4 coons in two trees. We left the coons to run again. We came on out and took a few pictures here in the yard. After they left I came in the house and ate some of the donuts that Tate had brought me. Now they were some good donuts and after I got full of them I loaded up Sadie and went back to the woods. Sadie made 3 more trees, all with coons in them. She is getting better all the time. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 01-09-2022 at 06:40 AM

Old Post 01-09-2022 06:12 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Sheba

Goodbye to an old friend, one of the best I have ever owned. Dual Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Sheba,
with owner Jack Smith. 12-3-08 to 1-24-2022

Last edited by Misty river on 01-25-2022 at 01:30 AM

Old Post 01-25-2022 01:16 AM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Sheba

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river

Goodbye to an old friend, one of the best I have ever owned. Dual Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Sheba,
with owner Jack Smith. 12-3-08 to 1-24-2022

You have my condolences Mr Jack. The loss of those good ones is a tough pill to swallow. They’re never here long enough. I’m sure the ole gal left you with many great memories to reflect upon.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 01-25-2022 02:28 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Sheba

Sorry fir the great loss of Sheba, Mr Jack. I know you loved her and walked many a mile to the trees she put the coons up. Like losing a family member or worse.

Old Post 01-25-2022 01:32 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about Sheba, Mr.Jack. Good ones are hard to come by.

Old Post 01-26-2022 04:15 AM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about Sheba, Mr.Jack. Good ones are hard to come by.

Old Post 01-26-2022 04:15 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 1

Thank you to all the ones that had such good words to say about Sheba. She was a good one and she will surely be missed.

Old Post 01-30-2022 02:25 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To Tad and Tate Walters on their third place cast win at the UKC World Qualifying Hunt last night at Meadville, Ms. with "PR" Misty River Blue Ramblin Ruby.

Old Post 01-30-2022 02:45 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

to Roger Welch and Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Ramblin Smoke on their First Place win At the UKC World Qualifying Hunt At Meadville Ms. sat Night.

Old Post 01-31-2022 02:50 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Sure was good to get Sadie home and back in the woods tonight. She struck a cold track and worked it in a slough for a while. She opened pretty good on the trackand locked up treed I walked in to her She was treed up a large oak growing near the edge of the slough. I finally found the coon in a hole that was not deep enough for him to get completely in. I could see his back in the edge of the hole. It was really cold to me last night. I had planned on hunting for a while, but I couldn't handle the cold so we left the coon to run again and called it a night. I will hunt Sadie a few nights while Jeremy is at the Winter Classic.

Old Post 02-09-2022 07:05 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ned Sanders and Sheba 11

good carbs for cutting

Mr Ned Sanders came down tonight and hunted with me and Sheba. We had a good hunt and treed 3 or 4 coons. Ned had got a pup off Williams Blue Luke and Sheba and he wanted to see Sheba go. I think Ned was well satisfied.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-11-2022 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 02-11-2022 04:46 AM