UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Weather
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
91... I didn't think coons would move when it was that hot. My hats off to anyone hunting in that. I like to think I'm a fairly committed hunter... don't know if I'd do that very often.

They don't normally move as well, but with 4 good dogs you're usually gonna tree a few. I don't like it. Not so much for me, I take it well, but the dogs are a constant worry.

They can't have an extra pound on them, and they have to take every chance possible to get a drink.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2022 12:30 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

I guess age is getting to me. No rain for over 5 weeks here in NW AR and temps of 96-101 every day. I told my dog he's gonna get a couple of weeks off. I've been treeing coon every night but it's tough. Praying for some rain.

Old Post 07-08-2022 02:17 AM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom

That's tough weather, been dry here, but got some pretty good rain this week from storms in our area. Would have been better getting slow rain, but will not complain. Grass was drying up and turning brown but greening back up now. Way to hot to hunt in my neck of the woods, heat index over 100. No summer hunting for me, I like cool and cold weather to coon hunt. Stay safe my friend,. Dave

Old Post 07-08-2022 04:38 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I could stand it a little warmer 46 here tonight when I got home

Old Post 07-08-2022 06:25 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

PLEASE SEND

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
I could stand it a little warmer 46 here tonight when I got home

PLEASE SEND 46 degrees to South Georgia. I will take it!! LOL

Old Post 07-08-2022 02:42 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

One of my better hounds that I trained. Was hunted 5 or 6 nights a week trough an entire FL summer. This was about 8 years ago. We are repeating the process right now with a couple young ones. Between 4 of us the dogs are in the woods 6 nights a week. Conditions in Fl are harsh when the weather is good. Right now it's really bad. I have a 13 month old that has been treeing us more coon than I have had a dog do in a long time. She treed two last night. As far as competition goes. She still has a few minus points in her, here and there. But if you love the woods and love seeing coon in the trees. She does her best to please. If the dog seems like it needs some extra conditioning then Corey will swim it in his pond 3 or 4 times a week. You want to see a couple videos from this week go to my FB page Bruce Conkey. Just scroll past the few post of me sharing God and you will see two young dogs in action. The fun part of all this is listening and watching a young dog mold itself into a Coondog. Seems like every night you hear a different bark or different way the set up a tree. My little female if she throws a couple whooo, whooo before she chops. don't tree her because in a minute She will be checking. Falls treed with a solid chop and she is pretty certain she has it. Last night she threw us something new. Gave two beautiful locates the fell into her steady chop. That's the locate and tree I hope she matures into having. It is just so much fun listening and figuring out what will be next. Truthfully once she starts being consistent it may get boring. But she is very accurate and if she stays that way. The boys can have some fun with her in the hunts.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-08-2022 at 03:30 PM

Old Post 07-08-2022 03:04 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CRKLLC
New UKC Forum Member

Missouri

I have a female I need to get tuned up and back in shape, This heat in MO right now I won't risk her health or even letting her get Barked out. The first cold front though, Look out!

Old Post 07-09-2022 03:27 PM
CRKLLC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CRKLLC Click here to Send CRKLLC a Private Message Click Here to Email CRKLLC Find more posts by CRKLLC Add CRKLLC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

I'm ready to start going If the heat in Tn will let up just a little.It would be torture to me and the dog here lately to go.Been dry but I had 2 1/2 inches of rain in about 45 min this morning.Rained so hard I think it all ran off instead of soaking in the dry ground .My creek flash flooded and looked like a river.Tn has crazy rains now.Its so humid that instead of summer showers like you should have you have torrential downpours.May be cool enough to go tonight.

Old Post 07-09-2022 04:33 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote